Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
valentina

November

Autumn leaves damp beneath the first snowfall.

I was hesitant to try this because October wasnt so great on me, and I had decided that leaves dont go well on my skin. In the bottle I was definately hesitant, its so strong, and I smell that note that hates me.. what is it??

But on the skin, after it dries down a bit (woah this is STRONG at first) It is beautiful! At first all ozoney and leaves and then the pine comes out and all the notes just melt together.

Exactly like the description. I love it.

Another fabulous lil decant that TwlightEyes sent me from my wishlist. I wub.gif her

Decant: ozone pine!
Wet on Me: OMG I get the 'wet snow' in an aquatic note, but also the crisp clean of ozone and of pine
Drying Down: I cannot stop huffing my ARM! Omg I want Autumn NOW!
Dry: This is Autumn to me. Late Autumn moving into Winter. The ozone and aquatic and pine.. it is pure love and heaven!

In decant: This is another one for the 'How DOES she do it?!' family. Seriously, how does one bottle the smell of the autumn leaves damp under snow? But this is exactly it. Exactly.

Wet on skin: Mmm, there's a nice icy quality coming out, me likes!

Drying: The leaves are getting colder and wetter, as if a fresh, but light, fall of snow just happened.

Dry: Oh! Sweet wet icy leaves! Lovely! Everything has just blended together so perfectly, I can smell leaves, snow, ice, and a cool breeze all at once.

Lovely!

When I first purchased this I smeared it all over my husband and went off to visit my parents. My scent-loving father fell in love with this and snagged the bottle from me. I had to buy another, loved it so much and then purchased a THIRD November...and it's a good thing because I've already been through one bottle. :lol:

November is the perfect marriage of Beths aquatic, slushy snow note and her dead leaves note. I think BPAL is the only perfume company whos perfume you can trust to ACTUALLY smell like the description. These are so real and true to life, it's magical.

This smells like the end of autumn, dead leaves all around, an almost frozen ground covered by snow.

This even has a chilly cooling effect on my skin. This scent just makes me really HAPPY whenever I wear it. It's the sort of thing I love to slather all over my neck, put on a turtleneck sweater and when I'm feeling stressed at work...pull my sweater up to my eyes and just huff in the beautiful scent of November.

This is a total work of art :wub2:

I'm really disappointed. I've been coveting this scent for a while, and when I finally got it, it smelled very cologne-y. Later it gets a touch of that 'fresh snow' scent I was looking for, but no autumn leaves. I was hoping this would be the scent of when I was in Switzerland in the late fall-clear air, a bit of snow and leaves. It also stays close to the skin. I'll be retesting this one many times.

November 2007......snow and moist leaves...almost mossy, so the decay must have begun....it's a bit of a masculine fragrance and I would LOVE it if my sig other would wear it....because it reminds me of a man smell ( a good one not a bad one! ha!!) Beautiful.

November is very resin-y on my skin, with clear ozone and lots of pine. Cold. Brr. It evokes a colorless feel, the way a snowfall blankets a landscape. Waiting for the drydown of this was worth it, at first it's way to strong and screams HELLO I AM PINE.....but I waited and now it's gorgeous wet leaves.

I bought this via Ebay a few months ago and mainly because my birthday is November 4th and it is my fav month weather wise.

First sniff - there is definite pine in there - very green lush but cold at the same time. There is a teeny hint of a sweetness playing around and I detect the actual smell of snow..or how the air smells during the winter. I have never smelled a perfume or any scent that evokes the true scent of early winter so this really amazed me. I lived in NJ my entire life before moving to FL so smelling this oil makes me feel warm inside. The best part is...the scent stays true from the time its applied to several hours later and it lasts. It is BEAUTIFUL and I REALLY hope Beth brings this back eventually.

As I was anxiously waiting for this to arrive in my mailbox, I had my fingers crossed the entire time that it smelled just like it does outside now that it's officially November--burning leaves overcome with a heavy chill. November didn't disappoint! That's exactly what it is, the weather in New Jersey right now, frosted dry leaves with fireplace smoke wafting in the distance, and do I detect a trace of evergreen? Beautiful. :wub2:

November is a mix of the typical brown autumn leaves notes (like in Death of Autumn, Chant d'automne, etc.) and the snow-type note that is ozone, so it really matches the description with the typical bpal notes associated with leaves and snow. I am reviewing this after swapping my bottle away because the weather outside reminds me of it. It is December already but the weather is still the November fog and cold drizzle, just above 0°C and the ground is still covered with leaves. Now I suddenly miss that scent, I never wore it year round but it really captured the essence of November perfectly.

In the bottle: sweet leaves

Wet: Pine.

After the first five minutes: Pine and ozone.

The leaves come out in the drydown. It's definitely got that faintly nutty sweet smell that I associate with playing with huge piles of leaves when I was a kid. This bottle's a keeper.

In the bottle, it smells like wet leaves and snow.

On the skin, it becomes less 'harsh' and it smells like BPALs snow. Its kind of minty like Nuclear Winter is. Very nice. B)

Soft chilly snow, pine needles underfoot, and a chilly wind. Perfect for a hot day.

On: This totally smells like fall. Damp leaves. A bit chilly. Very, very nice.
1.5 hours in: This really smells like ozone on me.
3 hours in: All ozone.
10.5 hours in: Vaguely powdery.
Overall: I'm not really into ozone scents, so this is a no-go for me.

This really IS another work of art; it smells exactly like one of those slate grey days that is so particular to November in the Northeast. Truly masterful.

Unfortunately, I'm discovering that the slushy snow note does not work on my skin at all. With this blend I can stand it in the diffuser, thankfully, but others are intolerable to me even like that (Frau Holle, for one.) Strange.

Another complete win for Beth the Scent-Witch, though. It's spot on.

I LOVE the snow note so I hope this one will be fabulous on me!

Bottle: A slushy wonderful snow note full of bright shiny goodness. :wub2: Smells like the snow note in Snow Moon all righty! But instead of the florals there's a dark night air and smoke scent swirling underneath-- a little like Buck Moon, actually, but smokier and chillier. There's just a touch of sweet ozone but it's definitely not enough to overpower the blend.

Wet: Slushy ice and snow and evergreens! And then a soft skin musk, a very light ozone, a smokey outdoors smell, and maybe just the tiniest hint of something minty. There's a 'brown' backdrop that I'm assuming must be the leaves? Oh this is just amazing. :joy:

Dry: Still lovely soft snow, sweet ozone, 'night-air' musk, smoke and the leaf note. I foresee this one getting a lot of love from me-- it's exactly the kind of scent that Beth does so well: smells amazing while still being spot-on for the scent inspiration. I find the snow note very calming so I may end up using this partially as a bed-time perfume! :boogie:

I wanted to try November because that is my birth month. Of course, where I come from November is in spring so I don't have the association of snow and autumn leaves that Northern Hemispherers (what else to call them?) would. I was still interested to try. Unfortunately I didn't get these associations from the imp either. Really it just smelt like soap to me. A really white soap, but soap nonetheless. I thought it might just be one of those things (happens with some scents, you know) but I tried another Yule with a 'snow' note and it was exactly the same. On the plus side I don't have to worry about spending lots for Yule scents anymore.

Colour association: White.

This is a gamble on me - there are some dead leaves notes I hate and some snow notes I hate - others of both I like.

Wet: Sweet, minty snow (not my fave snow note, but I don't hate it), and a slightly bitter dead leaves note (not the cologne one though!) that I also don't hate but don't love. The mint is gradually overtaking everything, and more than anything this smells like toothpaste now. Not great so far on me.

Dry: Once dry this is quite faint - just a vague, clean, snowy fragrance. Nice, but this one isn't wowing on me.

i really wanted to love this - November is my birth month, and the description sounds beautiful - but it's just a vague minty sweet thing on my skin. i was really hoping for more of the dead leaves note, which is one of my favorite Lab creations, but this is heavier on the snow than on the leaves. it's pretty, but it fades quickly. I will enjoy my imp while it lasts but i don't feel the need to own a bottle.

2007 version: 

In this bottle it smells like a gentler, chillier October. Which makes sense. On my skin I get a distinct sweetish minty snow and just a bit of dead leaves. It stays pretty much the same but with just a bit more of the dead leaves showing as it wears, they are a bit musky. It's very nice, a slushy atmospheric scent.