Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dry leaves, osmanthus, sandalwood, and rose absolute.

Mmmm. This really does remind me to L'Autunno and mixed with a little Down the Rabbit Hole. I get a sweet, dry leaves sort of thing with just a touch of rose. Just slightly, ever so slightly powdery at the end. Mmmm... a little sweeter and I think I'd love this.

ETA: To add the description.

This is a wonderfully complex blend for so few notes :) It's slightly spicy autumn leaves. There's a creaminess to it I can't quite put my finger on. No sense of rose whatsoever! Creamy, spicy version of October on me. Yay :D

Oh, I freaking love this. I don't get any rose at all...I get unbelievably authenic smell of leaves on chilly, heavy fall morning, and the spices from Devils Night (must be osmanthus) that make me think of cider. It's almost sickly sweet, and crazy strong - I was wafting all day at work and it still smelled freshly applied when I went to bed that night.

If Devil's Night is a fall evening, this is a fall morning. It is so, so, so beautiful. And I love that it never fades.

Imp: Oddly cakey and buttery. Touch of rose.

Wet: Seriously buttery. Almost nauseatingly so. Is this the leaves? So weird.

Dry: Okay, I get a better sense of the dry leaves. I think there's an aquatic note in them that is not really agreeing with my chemistry. However, the buttery quality and dried down and I get more of the osmanthus and the rose. Tiny bit of sandalwood. Each ingredient is definitely unique but that leaves note is just a killer on my skin. Or at least it is for the first fifteen minutes or so. The longer this dries down the prettier it becomes. It's not "Drop everything I want to wear this until the day I die" pretty, but it's not like the weird rancid butter cake from before.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: Eh. It's pretty but not my favourite and the drydown is just a little bit too long to make the eventual drydown worthwhile. Might use up the imp but will never need a bottle.

Ok, it's been made abundantly clear to everyone that Rose and I... we don't get along. We have a strained relationship at best, a downright contempt for each other at worse. However, I had heard mention of this scent in a rather evocative description, none of those words being "rose", "flower", or "ammonia-stink", so I thought I should give it a try.

In the decant, and wet I get rose. Crap. Dry, and dusty rose.

Once on my skin, however, this turns into my perfect autumnal scent. This is Samhain without the fruity overkill, this is Death of Autumn with a bit more sweetness. There's a smoky feel to this, without there being a heavy or oppressive vibe. I love it! :wub2:

This is Samhain without the fruity overkill, this is Death of Autumn with a bit more sweetness. There's a smoky feel to this, without there being a heavy or oppressive vibe.

My thoughts almost exactly! I tried this on in-store today, and it was so much like Samhain (which I adore and have a few versions of) that I walked away without purchasing. Bad move - I should have shopped longer! This dries down to an amazing spicy, smoky version of fall, with the tiniest hint of "perfume." I don't smell any ROSE at all. (Thank god, rose and I do not speak often.) It's a very naturalistic scent - granted I only tried a couple drops - but (if this makes any sense) it doesn't fight with my skin at all, it feels like part of me. I wear the scent, the scent does not wear me! (For my Buffy people out there.)

Just going by the notes I would never have thought this would work on me, but I really love it. I can see a purchase in my future. Can't wait to line this bottle up with A Blade of Grass, Samhain, Devil's Night, October, and Death of Autumn and smell as the leaves get crispier and crispier. It's like my holy grail scent family!

Edited by CLFilm

The "dry leaves" in this make it go uber-sharp on my skin, which is sad. There is a buttery smell behind it, but that sharp, acidic smell takes over the entire thing. Almost no rose.

Autumn smells almost exactly like Samhain on me...minus the honeycomb note that pops up with Samhain as it dries. I would say it's a little smokier and a bit more grown-up. :)

Wet, in Imp: woods, dry leaves -- it's divine.

On Wrist: dry leaves and a hint of something else. Either the rose or the sandalwood is aggravating my allergies, which is unfortunate.

Dry, a few hours later: they notes blend, and the fragrance turns into something close to vanilla. It's soft, kind of nice.

Drydown, much later: it turns into baby powder :( I suspect it's the rose :( This will go in the trade pile.

Oh thank Goddess. I'm glad I'm not the only one that compares this to Samhain! I can't wear Samhain (I've been trying for years...) and now I can stop trying. Autumn is gorgeous! The leaves + osmanthus are swoonworthy...I love this! I don't even smell rose here.

This is gorgeous. This is what I had wished Samhain was (Samhain was wonky on me). Leaves and rose are gorgeous with the fruitiness of osmanthus. It's sweet, a tiny bit woody (without smelling like a pine tree or pencil shavings) and just perfectly Autumnal.

A lovely forumite gave me a tester, and I loved it so much I've just placed my first order to Pretty Indulgent to pick up a bottle (and some friends for the ride, obviously). This will be a go to all through Fall, and many falls to come. Can't wait for my bottle to arrive!

Edited by LizziesLuck

This is heaviest on the dry leaves, with osmanthus and a little rose. Not getting a lot of sandalwood.

It feels a little "dusty" and antique, somehow. It fits very well with the autumn season!

Oh, this is pretty - dusty and antique like many have said. The osmanthus gives it a slightly fruity tinge that I am not sure that it works with the sandalwood, but the dry leaves and rose are really pretty - I wish it had just been those notes.

This is the soft scent of an autumn walk in the daytime. I did have to really slather it to smell it, but it's quite nice. It's not floral enough that I wouldn't like it, and I think it's well blended so it's hard to pick out any note. Osthmanthus may be the strongest note, but since I'm not familiar with it, I wouldn't know.