Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rivki8699

Judith and Holofernes

Skin musk, honey, carnation, French magnolia, patchouli, sandalwood, and immortelle.

Mmm. This is one of my favorite "grown-up" scents; it feels very womanly to me, both sexy and confident (ready to decimate in any area). It's the kind of thing I can wear to both a work party and to a day of laser tag. Fresh I get the patchouli and sandalwood with a hint of the magnolia and honey, but it dries down to a lovely lush scent, warm honey that's fierce and almost a little primal. The carnation spiciness doesn't overwhelm in this blend, even wet. The skin musk brings everything together, and on me, it dries down into a very smooth scent but still with a hint of that edge.

The awesomely awesome tartchef witched a partial bottle of this to me. I tried a light dab at the time and liked it, but I only just took the time to try it properly the other night. It is all kinds of wonderful! Possibly the sexiest BPAL blend I have yet tried, because it somehow manages to be both subtle and sexual at the same time. Sounds like an impossibility, right? But its like this scent whispers obscene suggestions to you under its breath, then when you turn to look at it and ask "Excuse me, what did you just say?", it just blinks all innocently at you and you assume you misheard. It smells like warm, naked skin.

Got this as a wonderful fairy from Kaylee - thanks so much again! In the bottle, I'm getting the skin musk, the carnation, and I think the patchouli/sandalwood. On my skin, the patchouli and carnation seem to be amping; we'll see what this does, but I really hope this turns out well... Not quite sure what I'm getting here, maybe the skin musk and honey and carnation? Gonna give this a fuller skin test. Ends up being a really close to the skin scent, mostly the patchouli and sandalwood, which is teh sad.

Edited by Venneh

A dark and musky tapestry with bright floral sparks. Sensual and very womanly. The honey is sharp and lemony, the magnolia cool and white, like soft water in the background, well blended over the bass notes of patchouli and sandalwood.

On my skin....

Lehman Brothers bankruptcy versus my 401(k) levels of bad. Honey hates me. Instant trip to the sink. Not, I emphasize, the fault of this blend, which will sing on the right person.

In fact, late last night I noticed that I smelled really, really good. Whoever said "naked skin with a wicked grin" was right on. I can't take the intervening hours, but if honey doesn't hate you like it does me, this scent screams sex.

Edited by bheansidhe

This makes me so sad. Skin musk is usually wonderful on me, and I’m starting to love carnation more and more. But this..the patchouli takes over! It’s floral, kind of dusty patchouli. :(

This one had been sitting on my wishlist for a long while and I was excited to finally locate a bottle. However, I have to admit that I was a bit worried when all I got was skin musk for about the first hour. I was not prepared to be so disappointed when all of the individual notes were perfect for me! Luckily, the florals - especially the carnation - started popping about half an hour ago, and now I'm happy. It's a slow morpher, but once it gets there, it's worth it! :wub2:

I took a gamble on this one. Wasn't sure about either the immortelle or the magnolia. But love honey and carnation together.

Wet, this is gorgeous. I'm just discovering how much I love musks. This one is fab. I get hints of spice from the carnations, but they don't immediately amp and dominate like they sometimes do, they let the other notes sing as well. It's lightly sweet, but not cloying. I don't know what the beautiful floral note I'm getting is, which is sad because I love it and want to own more of it. May even be a combination of the immortelle and magnolia. Either way, it's gorgeous. This may be a new favourite floral. The sandalwood grounds it in an understated way. The patchouli is non-existent on me so far.

Overall, this is a gorgeous warm floral, and I'm so glad to have it. :wub3:

Carnation and honey can both go wrong on me so I was pleasantly surprised that scent works.

The Carnation in this is stunning! Creamy with virtually none of the bite.

On me, J&H is predominantly carnation, magnolia, and sandalwood. The skin musk is there in the background and a touch of sweetness from the honey.

I'm not getting any Patchouli and I don't know what Immortelle smells like so I can't comment on that.

It's dark, warm, musky florals. Mysterious and feminine. I'd say this is an evening scent. So good.

In the bottle: Honey, with extra sweetness (floral -- in this case, probably the magnolia), and something deeper (the skin musk, yes; the patchouli, maybe -- I can't detect it specifically).

On my skin:

Sweet, deep honey. I get the floral aspect, and maybe the immortelle -- but the musk temporarily disappears (normal for musk + me: it's slower to rise up). This is lovely and luxuriant.

The next stage of the blend is carnation-spicy honey. You want this. I want this. I want more of this. My skin likes both honey and carnation, but it sometimes amps honey to the point of being cloying, and it sometimes eats carnation's spicy floral goodness. This is like carnation is riding the top of a wave of honey, so the honey showcases the carnation and the carnation occupies the aspect of honey that can go too sweet.

Several minutes later, the magnolia makes a bit of appearance, and... something (I'd guess the patchouli) is grounding the scent a bit more. These additional notes don't seek to compete with the honey and carnation, just accent it in different ranges.

Eventually, the skin musk makes itself known, softening the scent and making it more delicate. It's still quite nice this way, but I miss the absolutely divine quality of the pure carnation honey phase.