Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Rozpustnica

rsal_rozpustnica.gif

Blue and white musks, moonflower, rose, magnolia, lemon verbena, and lychee.

Starts off as a heady, lemony perfume but soon tames down to a dry musk scent tinged with a hint of citrus and a subtle floral undertone. There is a very dusty rose note in the background that swirls around the lemon verbena.

Fans of lemon verbena and cool scents will probably like this one, but it's not my bag at all. Predictably, my chemistry amped the dreaded dusty rose note to the nth degree, and I ended up having to shower it off.

In the bottle and wet on my skin, this is the LEMON VERBENA channel. I get nothing else for a while (1/2 hour or so). I happen to like lemon verbena so this doesn't bother me.

A couple hours later, I find myself wondering what the hell smells so good. I sniff around, and it's me! Rozpustnica has transformed into a delicious dusky rose. The only way I could tell that this is the same scent is the hint of lemon licking the petals of the rose. It's a surprisingly good combination, reminiscent of a Victorian bouquet.

Verdict: Lovely! Rose and lemon lovers will thoroughly enjoy this.

Wet:

Lemon verbena doing a wild hokey pokey on my wrist (honestly a little "lemon pledge" like at this point) thankfully that stage wears off fairly quick, and rose starts to make her apperance.

Drydown:

The blue and white musk notes, really anchor the floral aspects of this perfume and lend rose and magnolia a beautiful "embracelike" quality on my skin. The blue musk in this perfume reminds me a little of this years Blue Moon. When I smell this, I think fresh, lumionous, aquatic floral. Truely lovey! This is a wildly romantic perfume that does make me think of a "modern day" take on a victorian bouqet :D

A must have for floral and rose fans! :P

straight sniff from imp is aquatic musks...

once applied, this gets soapy but in the best possible way :P ...

absolutely gorgeous the floral and fresh fruit notes combined with the musks

are superb...one of the most beautiful blends i have ever had the opportunity

to try....excellent throw but not enough that it would "bowl anyone over"

In bottle/imp: Lemon verbena mixed with subtle, cool musks.

Immediately on skin: This is a very cool, clean, refreshing blend. The lemon verbena is the strongest note, but the blue and white musks and lychee are mixed in there as well. There’s a subtle floral quality to it, but that part of the blend is very light.

After a few minutes: The lemon verbena has died down a bit, and the floral scents are coming out a bit more to play. I’m definitely getting the moonflower and magnolia, and maybe just a subtle touch of rose. This blend has changed from a cool, citrus blend with a hint of flowers to a cool musk and floral blend with a hint of lemon verbena.

Overall Impressions: This would be a great warmer weather blend; it’s very crisp, light, and refreshing. It’s just a little sweet, and the citrus and fruit notes aren’t overpowering. It’s got a nice perfume-y quality to it, and the musk is nice and cool. Overall, it’s a very pretty blend and I could see myself wearing it during the summer a lot.

Initially, this is hugely lemon verbena on me, too - brisk and citrus-y and refreshing. I love verbena, but after a few minutes it turns a wee bit cleaning-fluid-like. As I wait longer, though, the musks and white flowers come out to play, as well as the rose. Moonflower goes a bit soapy on me (but very expensive, superior soap :P) and I get that here, softened by the magnolia. Now I only get the occasional whiff of verbena, but it does seem to add a certain brightness to the scent. In any case, this is a beautiful cool floral, with that kind of complexity and seamlessness I always get out of the Salons. Truly lovely!

This blend starts off way heady, lemon-y (almost like a lemon scented Mr. clean) and slightly floral.

Sad to say that this one rounded itself off (for me) as a lemon-scented Mr. Clean. :P

at first the lemon verbena is most prominent, then the other notes come out more. in rare cases, rose goes sour on me, and it does so in this scent, (unless it's magnolia, which i have less experience with?) i can smell the rose, moonflower and musks. if the lychee is there, it's subtle, as is the lemon verbena. this is very pretty in the imp- a cool, floral aquatic. unfortunately it doesn't do all that well with my skin chemistry.

Edited by theseagrows

This is a cool, light musk scent with a blanket of fruit and verbena. The verbena is light and sweeter than I am used to and it settles into my skin well. At that point I am able to smell the rose and magnolia and they are divine. This fragrance is very uplifting and refreshing. After the florals come out and the verbena has settled this becomes a beautiful piece of art that would be perfect for anyone that lights light, summery fragrances.

On my skin I initially could only detect "clean, floral" notes... I don't test a lot of floral-y scents so I am bad at discerning which is what. Within a few minutes I thought to myself, "Oh man, there's some lemon... or (lemon) verbena? Something lemony!" At this stage I think I was also smelling a bit of lychee. This lasted for about 15 minutes, maybe less. I liked that stage a lot, but at this point, a few hours into it, I'm smelling mostly crisp, clean floral... a little powdery-dry, but not raspy. I definitely see where others are calling it "soapy." It's a lovely, lovely smell but I am just not into smelling like this. Perhaps I can find a good home for it in the swaps.

ETA: This has pretty strong lasting power, as I tried to wash it off my skin to test some other BPAL, but either the soap is too weak or Rozpustnica stays put-nica (ughghghg I had to.. had to!) Not a lot of throw, but I can definitely still smell it after scrubbin'.

Edited by dorothy humbird

At the beginning this was a sharp lemon verbena dominated floral. Now, it is a very ozoney, very clean white floral.

This would make a great detergent smell. Unfortunately, my skin chemistry is NOT cooperating on this one. Boo. :P

In the imp, I get a hit of the lychee and lemon verbena over the heady magnolia.

On my skin, it's very bright, clean, and light - lychee and lemon verbena, over the rose and magnolia.

Dry, it's a velvety, musky scent with a hint of florals. It's very nice, but not my cup of tea.

This was the strongest and longest-lasting RO salon I tried. In the vial, I smelled the musk just barely, which is good because just a drop too much musk will send me to the sink to scrub. Still, not applied, the first impression I get from roz is that of a very sophisticated Oriental perfume, with no incense.

Wet, lemon verbena times 20. It's very very lemon verbena-y. Very true to the plant so kudos there! I can see how some would get lemon cleaners from it, but it really is very true to the real thing.

Dry; I really can't smell anything now. Maybe there's something wrong with my nose right now and I should come back to this some other time.

Rozpustnica

In the imp: lemon verbena and maybe a hint of white/blue musk.

Wet on skin: lemon verbena and a hint of white floral musk.

Dry on skin: lots of verbena here! For now this is very lemony, a bit cologne-y, but underneath that I smell pale flowers and a little bit of musk. I smell lilies too, even though that's not listed. But I definitely smell ethereal moonflower and blue musk notes…a bit like a lemony Long Night Moon.

After a while: soap? Now the lemon has faded, I get a vaguely soapy lily scent now lingering on my skin. It's actually not bad though, as soapy florals go…this smells soft, clean, and subtle. I can smell moonflower and magnolia here too, as well as a touch of ozone-like blue musk. However, the notes I hoped to smell most-the rose and lychee-are nowhere to be found.

The scent then turns into a pure white flower scent-just a bit of musk, but mainly magnolia and moonflower, and something a little bit sour underneath-the remains of the verbena perhaps? I think now I make out some rose, but the scent is a little waxy and soapy now. It reminds me of Gibbous Moon, but not as crisp and clear as that scent was.

Verdict: this is very pretty…but I’m not sure if it’s my thing. It starts off smelling very lemony, with just a bit of musk and floral. The verbena then burns off to leave a gentle floral scent with a little musk. It’s a bit soapy though, a bit waxy, which isn’t normally what I get with magnolia or moonflower. It’s more like a lily note. I was hoping for more rose and lychee but they are not discernible here. This isn’t bad, but isn’t really my scent, and it does fade fast…so not a keeper for me.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? not really.

If you like this, try: Long Night Moon, Vampire Tears, Phobos, Swan Maiden, Gibbous Moon

This starts out as cool, sharp lemon. It's bitter and very slightly sour. It smells more like the rind of the lemon than the juice. It's light and fresh and pale. I am not normally a fan of lemon notes, and so far that's all I smell. Lemon is just too reminiscent of cleaning products to be enjoyable as a fragrance for me.

The lemon is still present as it dries down but the sharpness fades significantly. The overall fragrance begins to become lightly musky, though still tinged with lemon. The musks aren't deep or very strong. It's pleasantly soft and cool. I can only describe the scent at this point as a clean/perfumey fragrance. Not soapy, but clean. The rose is a soft, gentle rose, but I can barely smell it.

The best point during the wear time is the end, after I've worn it for about an hour. The clean/lemon notes have vanished and it smells more like a very light, wet floral with a musk background.

I'm not sure I like this. The drydown is somewhat pretty on me, but I don't think I would want to wait around for that point everytime.

ROZPUSTNICA

In Bottle: Lemon musk

On Skin: Lemon verbena jumps out of course since it always is an extreme amper on me. To me this scents smells like lemon soap… or more actually like that lemon cuticle crème Burt’s Bees has. Very sharp, very sour and very bright. The florals are blended well, but I can smell the rose amping with the verbena which deepens the sourness. The magnolia is creamy and helps thicken the scent. The lychee is sweet but get hidden in the overwhelming sour tone of the scent. The musks are clean and soft in texture, but the white outweighs the blue and gives the scent it’s soapy note. Overall a very clean and bright scent, just not something for me. Strong throw and very long wearlength.

Rose is my nemesis, and I amp it like mad. And I turn it into fake-smelling soapy stuff. The result of this is not surprising.

Imp: Pleasant. Reading the note list, I think I smelled some of the florals, softened by the lychee.

Wet: Lemony. I rather like lemon, and it likes me. Then the rose starts to take over, unfortunately.

Dry: Rose soap. Very expensive, all-natural, French-milled soap, but still rose. A nicer rose than Bess turned on me (that was my grandma's Rose Milk hand lotion), but still rose.

I'll be passing this along.

Rozpustnica - This is not a scent I thought I'd like because I feel only a bit "meh" about most of the notes in this blend and dislike at least two of them. But it turns out that it's really pretty! Musks don't usually show up on my skin, but the musks combined with the moonflower and the lemon verbena creates a really beautiful, crystalline scent that's very simple and clean. The lychee sweetens it up and smells so truly amazing, and while the rose starts out a bit powdery on me, it eventually works itself out and the powderiness goes away as it dries down on my skin, and the rose isn't really evident on its own, but provides a nice foundation on which the other notes can shine. There's a hint of something slightly soapy about the overall scent, and this soapiness is what keeps this from being a hands-down winner on me. The throw is quite strong and staying power is good, but it's mostly due to the strength of the verbena, so lemon/verbena haters may not feel the same way about this that I do.

I was really looking forward to trying Rozpustnica, as I imagined a moonflower, rose, and blue musk blend. I tend to amp up and hate lemon verbena though, and it's crazy strong in this blend. I can't even pick out any rose or moonflower, which surprised me. The sharp lemon really smothers the other notes on my skin, finally letting a bit of the muskiness out to play after a half hour or so. The drydown is sharp lemons and a clean sort of musk, going off a bit towards being outright soapy smelling. After an hour, I do smell a bit of rose, but it smells a bit sour to me, and I don't like it mixed with the sharp lemon. Overall, it's much too clean and too sharply citrussy for my tastes.

Swap with alterosen :P

Preconceived notions:

I am a lover of roses and lemon, and like white musk well enough. So I was really looking forward to something like a lovechild of Delirium and Urania or something.

Starts lemony, almost Pledge cleaner-like. Then it dries a little and turns flowery, but still fresh. I did not get a hint of the rose at all - in fact, it turned rather soapy and powdery on me, which I think was the magnolia and possibly the blue musk asserting themselves. All in all, a very light, floral scent, but not what I was looking for. Off to swaps!

Edited by MissMercurial

In the decant: Lemon verbena in front, but with a juicy sweetness behind keeping it from being too sharp.

On: Smells like the bath bombs section of a Lush store, probably from the combination of rose & lemon. No lychee (bummer). I love lychee.

Dry: Straightforward rose. Not one for me at all.

Wet, Lemon verbena!

Dry, Lemon Verbena! Lots and lots of verbena. I wish I had checked the notes before trying this one. I can’t stand lemon verbena and that is all that’s the dominant note here.

Ah wait, maybe there’s a touch of rose here. Not that it endears me any more to this scent.

Now that it’s been on an hour or so, it smells deeper and with musk or resins. Not just rose. And the lemon verbena has backed way off. There’s still rose here, but it’s quite lovely in how it blends and darkens.

I like how this oil ended up, but I can’t stand verbena. The beginning was a killer.

I took a gamble trying this one because although I like blue musk and moonflower, lemon verbena is usually a deal-breaker. It's trying pretty darn hard to ruin this scent for me. I think it's actually in cahoots with the lychee. It seems like there's some prettiness underneath those two (rose?), but I can't really get to it. Mostly what I smell is a lemony scent that's sharper and tarter than verbena usually is.

So I guess this one isn't going to work for me.