Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

La Vague

rsal_lavague.gif

White peach, lily of the valley, jasmine, rose, iris, osmanthus, tangerine, white wine grape, and cream accord.

In the bottle this is a syrupy sweet peach that is sugary enough to cause an diabetic coma. On it is the lovelies sweet, incensy peach you could even wish for. Not too sweet, not to peachy, just a lovely juicy scent with a hint of rich, summer blooming flowers. There is just a touch of tartness to the blend that helps to ground the sweet factor. So good.

I was hoping for more lily of the valley, iris or jasmine out of La Vague, but instead the fruit steals the show! The note I think is strongest here is the white grape followed by peach. It's very pretty, and fruit lovers will covet this but it's just a bit too sweet for me.

Peach, but a tart (tangerine?) deep peach with a richness (cream accord?) that fairly quickly melts into an elegant and understated juicy iris (yes!)-jasmine that doesn't bang you on the head with 'I'M FLORAL!' Seemingly straightforward due to a great harmony (I feel happily and optimistically like this will be characteristic of all the retail-exclusives.)

Champagne, peach and citrus (osmanthus or tangerine, I could not say) in the imp--a wine/tea/fruit combination that reminds me of a more expressive and complex version of Thalia. The peach is very strong in this scent, and the champagne-like notes constitute the base over which the peach is set. This is probably the least changeable of the RO Salons that I've tried so far, as it really stays true to this peach/champagne combination throughout the wet stage and into the first part of the dry-down. The champagne/grape note does become stronger as the scent dries down, but the blend remains those two notes, at least on my skin. There's no trace of florals at all.

straight sniff from imp is a beautiful summer scent :P

peach & lily of the valley!! the peach is outstanding and oh so fresh!!

once applied, grape wine, peaches and white florals...so pretty and feminine and

as i said in the beginning a delightful summer perfume :D

In bottle/imp: Peach mixed with sweet, perfume-y florals.

Immediately on skin: This blend is rather fruity. The peach is in the front, mixing with the tangerine and also a hint of grape. The lily of the valley and jasmine are present, blending nicely with the sweet fruity notes. It’s feminine, fruity, and slightly perfume-y and floral.

After a few minutes: This blend hasn’t morphed much since I first put it on. It’s still very peachy and fruity with a bit of underlying florals. It’s very pretty and fresh.

Overall Impressions: This is a very pretty feminine peach scent. It’s very fruity, but the peach is definitely the main note. The flowers are a nice addition and make it more “perfume” and less “peach candy.” The cream accord, which is usually great on my skin, didn’t seem to come out much in this blend, so I wouldn’t call this a creamy blend. It’s very fruity, bright, and girly though.

I'm just recently discovering what a good fruit-based oil can smell like and this is a great new addition to my collection!! The peach is the front runner but given an edge by the lily of the valley. I don't LOVE florals but the combination of the two are very pretty and feminine. :P

Beautifully balanced! In the imp, it smells sweet and peachy, but on the skin it's a perfect balance between peach and floral. The rose and jasmine (usually among my nemesis scents) are staying in the background - the dominant flowers are the more delicate ones. The flowers keep the peach from being too overly sweet; the fruit keeps the flowers from being too perfumey. It's like Titania, but a little more floral.

Sadly, it seems to fade pretty quickly, but it's so lovely that I'm going to stick with it and keep it anyway.

This is a beautifully light and balanced scent, perfect for spring!

Edited by ladybird

Peach is one of the few fruits I can abide in perfumes, and I love it in this scent. The peach in La Vague is not sweet or playful, a la Fae or Imp...but bold, regal and elegant - in the manner of the Marquise de Merteuil, a scent I love and adore. La Vague reminds me a lot of MdM, in fact - except it's slightly more accessible, if that makes sense. If you like Marquise de Mertueil, but it seems too haughty for you, give La Vague a try.

Anyway, it's one of Beth's beautifully balanced creations - the florals are not TOO floral, the fruit isn't too sweet, and I think the iris is acting as a sort of light, woody component to ground the whole scent.

A truly lovely, classical perfume! :P

Wet, this is OMFG so gorgeous! Sweet, rich, peaches - beautiful and sweet without being cloying. As it dries, the white wine grape makes itself known as well, and the florals cut through the fruitness a bit. It really is a lovely scent - basically I'd just ditto everything that clover just said above. :P

WOWSA! This is an eye-opener! :P

White peach and tangerine steal the show in this blend on application until the first 30 minutes or so and are ALMOST too tart. Whatever grounds this fragrance and keeps it from going tart-sour are absolutely life affirming in this!

Is it Iris? Is it White Wine-Grape? Is it the Osmanthus or Cream Accord? I can't begin to guess but this is one of those scents that transcends you to a place of:

Swinging in a hammock.....you're rocking back and forth. You almost hit the apex at the top of the branches. Then you feel the swoop of the grass at your ass on each swing of the pendulum......back and forth, back and forth......higher each time.

A feeling of liberation beyond the air we breathe. A trip into space where you start to see the black beyond the the sky blue.

This is a fragrance of imagination for all fruit and floral lovers! Very masterfully done. BRAVO!

Edited by The_Witching_Hour

Umm...everything the The_Witching_Hour beautifully said! :D

I'm becoming a peach fan with Beth's blends (Cupid Complaining to Venus is another beautiful peach smellie) This perfume starts out tart and sweet. The fruitier aspects of the fragrance make a solid impression at first. With a little time, the florals and cream accord just weave through it creating a harmony of ... sunshine?? Like having a picnic in a spot where there all white flowers, sipping on some champagne and eating a peach with its juices running down your chin. It is a perfect Spring/Summer scent, and it make me smile!

Fruity floral fans NEED to get a bottle of this. Beautimus!! :P

I love the peach in this, it's very lovely. I bit of floral, the jasmine and lilly. It smells very fresh, bright, sweet and so lovely. Then it gets a bit of the white wine grape (I think), like what I get in Pumpkin Plunder I, I don't really like it. Eventually it goes away and it goes back to the peach and loveliness.

Edited by blowqueen

This is definitely Tamamo-No-Mae's sister scent. Since I only have half a bottle of TNM left, I'm thrilled that La Vague has come into existence. It will make a great substitute for TNM once it's gone, but even on its own, it's a brilliant scent with its own personality and "life." Very beautiful, sweet, and syrupy with enough delicious peach to make my mouth water for one. Mmmmm.

At first I get a lovely bright peach, but almost immediately it morphs into bright, high floral. Probably not one that I'll wear often, though my daughter likes it!

Off you go!

This for me at the beginning was super sweet juicy peach and champagne. It smelled like a Bellini. Fabulous.

But in the drydown, more of the florals come into play. It is still a peachy scent, but I miss the effervescent quality it had when first applied.

Still, all peach lovers should try it.

As a peach lover, I adore trying new peach scents. This feels very similar to Tamamo-no-Mae but a more stripped down version. Don't get me wrong I love Tamamo, but sometimes the musk component can feel overwhelming if I slather a bit too much accidently.

La Vague is a refreshing scent, and I find the florals aspect are keeping the scent green, but are tempered by the peach accord.

Deliciousness!

:P

This starts out as a sweet, bright peach scent that is married with the sensual sweetness of jasmine. Behind those two things I can detect the lily of the valley, osmanthus, and rose. As time passes, the wine grape and cream come into the picture and turn this into a high and heady, wispy, feminine fragrance that hints at hypnotic summer fragrances.

Frist applied, La Vague is a cool creamy peach. When I say creamy, I don't mean to infer sweet. This peach scent is like picking the peach right off the tree in the early morning cool. Very nice!

As it starts to morph after a couple of minutes, it's like HOLY GRAPE BUBBLE YUM BATMAN!!! This doesn't smell like white grape to me - it is deep purple grape Bubble Yum bubble gum trying to take over the whole oil! But wait!! after about a minute, this passes and the osmanthus and tangerine mellows out the grape and we are back to the cool creamy peach with still a bare hint of Bubble Yum...

Finally the florals kick in but as a supporting cast, not as the stars - The florals do nothing to temper the fruits a and at complete dry down, I am left with creamy peach and Grape Bubble Yum.

I would have loved this had it stayed at the creamy peach! I love that scent! Unfortunately, my skin has a big tendency to amp grape to the max and as always, it has ruined what had started out to be a very nice scent. A bigger bummer for me is that La Vague has a HUGE throw and a very long wear - why doesn't that happen with the oils I love?! Why do the amping and throwing oils always have to be the ones my skin does weird things to? This was a major disappointment for me.

La Vague

In the imp: a gorgeous, uplifting sweet peach with creamy flowers.

Wet on skin: the jasmine turns a tiny, tiny bit bitter, but doesn’t detract from the glorious peach.

Dry: this is very pretty! Peaches and cream (no sourness) with rose petals, and a hint of dry white wine and powdery iris. I smell dry jasmine petals and a hint of sharp osmanthus. I’m keeping an eye-or nose-on these flowery notes because they have the potential to turn this scent a bit bad. But for now it’s just right.

After a while: the lily of the valley now comes out a little more, but thankfully it’s like the lily in Bilquis, it doesn’t turn soapy. It also smells a bit drier and more like dry flower petals, with the jasmine and osmanthus now the dominant notes. The osmanthus has a peachy aspect which is enhanced by the peach. But far from being sharp and overpowering, the floral notes are gentle here. The scent is light, luminous and soft, with that smooth creaminess rounding everything nicely.

Eventually this turns into a creamy osmanthus with dry rose petals and iris. It now reminds me of another Salon scent or two, and the osmanthus is drier and softer than usual-it’s dominant but not overpowering.

Verdict: this is a gorgeous feminine fragrance. Creamy peach lifted by a bouquet of flowers, this is a beautiful pastel-coloured peachy floral. The jasmine behaves (though it does smell a little dry), as does the osmanthus which goes very nicely with the peach, and the cream and rose are lovely in here. it’s a pretty scent, but it doesn’t wow me as much as other peach scents…I like it and the floral notes that usually go awry on me don’t in here. but I think I prefer Les Bijoux to this.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Not sure.

If you like this, try: Les Bijoux, Schaflende Baigneuse, Itaso Kansei, Silence, Cupid Complaining to Venus, Bilquis, Tamamo No Mae

In the imp, this is a creamy peach-y floral.

On my skin, I get mostly jasmine - very light and sweet.

When it dries, it fades really fast, but it's super lovely - beautiful creamy peach.

In the imp I get... burnt peach.. yikes! Once on my skin it becomes a.. perfumey peach. I think all the flowers make it smell a bit.. wonky to my nose. I don't know.. this one is hard for me.. I like the peachy/tangeriney hint I get but.. all the flowers mixed with it.. the fruity part is so bright, while the floral part feels a bit.. oppressive somehow. Jasmine is a big iffy on me in most cases so maybe that is the culprit here.. It is a unique scent, and I truly am sure on the right person this would be absolutely stunning.. on me it just smells weird.. not bad just.. bizarre..

Bottle: Peach

Wet: Peach and flowers! It's very feminine, very pretty!

Drydown:The jasmine is actually behaving itself on my skin and not amping up to an unbearable amount! It's a very feminine perfume oil, but too summery for winter!

3.0 outta 5

At first it's very, very bright. Fruity sweet. I do smell some peach but it seems like it's more tangerine. The floral notes in this are all ones that either rarely work on me or just don't work at all, but while the fruit notes are drowning them out I actually like the scent. The fruit notes calm down quite a lot when the scent is dry, and then it's mainly just a sweet floral. Not the kind of floral I like (it's rather heady for my tastes), though.

It's pretty and well done, but it doesn't suit me personally.

LA VAGUE

In Bottle: Peaches and cream

On Skin: Bottle worthy from first sniff. YUM! This is so warm and pretty… oh my god. I am in absolute love with it. The florals are all very much mellow and kept in check and blend like a pretty bouquet next to a table of warm peaches with a dallop of cream. The white wine grape is also sweet, like a nice sauce over the peaches. It also kind of reminds me of Welches White grape and peach juice, one of my favorites. The peaches have a little tartness to them (maybe from the tangerine), they are not sickly sweet or over-ripe. Sadly it has a super light throw on me and a short wearlength. I will have to slather and layer for sure.