Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

La Vague

White peach, lily of the valley, jasmine, rose, iris, osmanthus, tangerine, white wine grape, and cream accord.

Oh I love peach. It always makes a fragrance seem innocent and fresh. Plus it lets me enjoy a fruit based scent without the extreme juiciness, which I don't always like. The peach in this is without any cloying, sticky sweetness. It's soft and plush and delicate, like you could sink your fingers into it.

The florals are the perfect company because they don't compete with the peach. The jasmine isn't as heady as I expected. It's beautiful and feminine. The other florals are less obvious to my nose. I just get an impression of pale flowers, as well as some warm supporting notes in the background. Not exactly musk but that same neutral sort of tone. It's all very rounded.

I think this is so alluring and gorgeously feminine. Definitely memorable. Another new love for me.

i only get the cream part when it's wet on my skin but dry, this is all peach, lily and grape on me. i think my skin lurves the peach...which is alright, but i like it more when it's tempered by something spicy/earthy instead of coupled with other sweet things. so this ends up being peach hard candy. i was really hoping for "peaches n' cream," but alas. pretty, but not distinctive enough for me to seek out anything bigger than a decant...

I love peach and lily of the valley, so I'm insanely happy that those are the two notes that I smell the most in La Vague (though I am sad that the cream note never seems to survive on my skin). This is a really light, subtle, soft scent on me. The light fruitiness and clean, slightly powdery floral that I get from the lily of the valley actually reminds me a bit of Ebisu. The jasmine and iris poke around in the drydown and make things a bit more perfumey/musky on my skin, but they don't succeed in ruining it for me. I think the grape sweetens things up a bit too.

This fades really fast, but I do like it while it sticks around. It's a sweet, soft, fruity-floral. I'll keep my decant and think about getting a bottle...

La Vague - This opens up with the gorgeous scent of peach, and a touch of beautiful floral. BPAL peach is always lovely on my skin and this is no exception. Jasmine tends to be quite dominant on my skin, but I don't smell it in this blend at all, same with the iris (which is usually powdery) and the grape (which usually smells icky on me). It's just a soft and ethereal fruity-floral blend. It's strong when I first apply it and when I touched up at work, I got tons of compliments where people were raving about how good I smelled. However, after 20 minutes or so, it starts to stick much, much closer to my skin. As it sticks closer to my skin, the peach mellows out significantly. It's still the most identifiable note, but the blend becomes even more ethereal and wispy, yet it sticks to my skin for a good 5+ hours, which is quite odd for most of the softer skin-scents. This is a lovely scent that seems perfect for the summer months, and if I weren't trying so desperately to de-stash right now, I'd probably want more of this one.

In the decant: Peach, but with an edge - maybe the tangerine?

On: That might've been jasmine giving it an edge, because on me it goes very jasmine with little else behind it at first. After a few minutes, the scent I recognize as wine grapes is noticeable behind the jasmine and this almost reminds me a little of Pumpkin Patch 1 from 2007.

Dry: It's nearly all the white wine grape - grape is a note that I can't wear well and this is unfortunately no exception. Several hours later, it's still quite strong on my hand, and the grape has subsided to let the other fruits come through more. I couldn't pick out the rose in this at all.

This is just peachy! (Sorry, I couldn't resist the awful pun!)

Usually when I think of a peach perfume, I think of a syrupy-sweet peaches and cream blend that is just dripping with sugar. This isn't that.

La Vague is a soft peach (maybe due to it being a white peach blend?) with a beautiful floral background. It's so delicate and distinct. It's a very lovely blend and makes me feel fresh and pretty while wearing it!

in the vial: sweet grape wine.

wet on skin: the same, but with a slight bit of peach added.

dry down: a soft peach/grape mix, close to the skin, light throw.

in all: a nice fruit mix, something i'd use to enable friends that were into Body Shop's 'fuzzy peach' or 'juba' oils.

:P

Origin: Bought at the Chapel Hill, NC, Whole Foods.

Initial Thoughts: While it has a number of floral notes that I like, it also has a few fruit notes that I don't always like, along with the wild card of cream accord. I was glad to be able to try it in the store first.

In the Bottle: A cool, creamy floral. The fruits are blended in very smoothly. I can smell the peach and grape, but they're not overpowering.

Wet: I get a crush of florals, dragging the peach along for dear life. It is light and spring-like, with just a hint of summer warmth. The jasmine and lily are strong, but not gaggingly so.

Drydown: The fruits strengthen quite a bit. It's still a cool scent, but now with a definite citrus tang from the tangerine joining the jasmine and lily. The cream accord is there, but very in the background--I think that's what is smoothing the interaction between the other notes.

Verdict: A very smooth scent with a nice balance between fruit and floral. Very suggestive of its name.

In the vial: Rather like Eisheth Zenunim without the ambergris note. Bright, sweet, fruity peach-floral.

Wet: Quite a lot like Eisheth Zenunim, actually. It's sweeter, and the florals are in a different zone, but very similar. The darker note is provided by some of the florals, especially the jasmine which is darkening on me.

Twenty minutes: The fruitiness is mostly over, althugh the peach is still obvious. Floral notes (especially iris or osmanthus) have intensified and sharpened; they're now the most noticeable. Not getting any citrus or cream.

Hour and a half: This has smoothed out nicely now. Although it's nowhere near as fruity as in the beginning, it's a pleasant sweet floral with my favorite peach note. If I ran out of Eisheth Zenunim I would definitely pick up a bottle of this. For now, though, I think the imp will suffice.

Two and a half hours: Still very pleasant, and I like it.

Four hours: It's definitely past its peak, although the fade is staying pleasant rather than getting tired or going limp.

This scent is beautiful! Nice peach with a bit of yummy sugaryness. Very nice and creamy yet there is a perfumey floral undertone. I really like this one. Definitely a keeper!

780817110_rN8j3-Ti.jpg

With my luck lately, I was fully prepared this morning for the sourness of jasmine to overwhelm me and discover that yet another of my ‘private collection’ of the Retail Exclusive line hated me.

WRONG!

The beatuy of peach led the way for the smoothly blended glory of the florals in this perfume, and the smooth ness of cream was the base for it all. The only floral note I could pick out separately was Lily of the Valley; the rest are just there to help out. I also don’t get much of the tangerine or grape, but am perfectly happy with the peach. Oh yes, I am...I love peach!

Edited by stellans

Very lovely! A perfumey peach but not in a heavy way. It's soft and sweet and pretty, perfect for when it's hot outside :yum:

Sniffed: Extremely pale nearly colourless oil. Creamy fruit! Tangerine and peach especially, that cream accord, a little rose and osmanthus - the jasmine is creamy and light like the note in Kitsune-Tsuki. The other florals are NOT shouting, though there's an edge of powder.

Wet: Sweeter - I get a lot of the white grape, and the white peach is syrupy, but the tangerine keeps the sweetness in check. The cream note is lovely and reminds me of Schlafende. A bit more rose and sadly, lily of the valley, though the latter is still light. More jasmine too, but it's still good. Not much iris.

Dry: Not much of a morpher, and the typically scary florals never turn on me, while the osmanthus amps up deliciously and the tangerine holds better than any orange citrus note in a BPAL scent ever has. I'm still not crazy about the cloying sweetness of white peach, a note I don't much like, but...this is pretty nice.

Summary: Super creamy, and a little more floral - iris and lily of the valley amping. It's definitely in the same category as Schlafende but much sweeter, although the tangerine is holding remarkably well and is deliciously tart.

Ok Stellans just broke my heart by sending me an imp of this delicious perfume which I cannot buy.... :cry2:

On me this is all lily of the valley and osmanthus, two of the best smells ever, ever to grow out of the earth. Thankfully the cream accord doesn't do strange things on me and I think I need a bottle of this. No I know I need a bottle of this. It's perfect florals for me, peach is non-existant which is a good thing and it the scent just wafts off my skin like heaven mist. :wub2:

The good news is that at least now I've smelt peach without it being evil I have high hopes for the bottles of Peach Moon I perhaps foolishly purchased. Note to self - white peach is doable.

Yummmm. Just received this today.

In imp: candy sweet peaches

Wet: this changes so much! and for the better. The cream amps on my skin. More like the ingredients have been reversed! the bf says it's a little spicy..? anyways.. the osmanthus and jasmine pop out however too hard to detect the lily of the valley here. Very little grape pulled here and the tangerine is giving it a garnders creamsicle feeling. Does that make sense? No. Didn't think so.

Drydown: Yay! More jasmine and lily of the valley are detectable. The cream mellowed (whew). It keeps morphing and mellowing until it's a sleepy, haze-inducing love. Feels like I'm being cuddled to sleep in the sun.

I'm not a big peach fan, but I thought I'd try this blend anyway. The peach is on the lighter side and well balanced with the florals, the cream smooths everything out and adds just enough to keep the blend interesting.

If I was ever going to wear a peach perfume it would be this one.

In the imp, this is peach and something quite sharp, maybe the osthmanthus? On my skin, this is peach and I think jasmine or rose amping; maybe we can avoid the florals entirely? Peach and grape and jasmine. Eh. Not for me.

Edited by Venneh

I love Fae and Aglaea. La Vague is like their sophisticated older cousin. Wet, I get the cream, grape, and peach notes on top. Dry, the "cream" note fades back like a white velvet tablecloth laid under fizzy flutes of peach wine and bouquets of lily-of-the-valley in crystal vases. Warm, sweet, and just a hair crisp (but not overtly citrus-y).

I tend to amp florals, especially headache death-florals like jasmine and iris, but this blend is subtle and lush without any one flower clawing to the top. It does eventually turn a little bitter on me, which is the sad fate of any blend with "wine" notes, but this is lovely enough to put in a diffuser or scent locket.

It’s..pretty. Inoffensive, and definitely has a hazy feel to it. Floral, with a little juicy fruitiness from the white peach. It has a little bit of subtly sparkly creaminess, I’m assuming due to a combination of the white wine grape and the cream accord. The jasmine isn’t stinky at all, which is awesome. But still, I just don’t think this is a floral for me.

Sniffed: Light, fruity-floral and sweet. Airy and clear.

On skin: La Vague is a bright, graceful, juicy-wet (but not aquatic) fruit-floral blend. It's well-blended and I can't pick out individual notes, but everything is harmonizing and nothing is standing out or overwhelming the others. Warm, not cold -- indeed like creamy white wave-foam instead of the watery wave itself. The epitome of an airy, sweet, feminine scent. Stays much the same over time.

Verdict: While I think La Vague is a lovely blend that embodies the Salon image, it is unfortunately vague, doesn't distinguish itself. I can never remember how it smells after I've worn it out -- a big minus in my books -- so it'll probably get swapped.

The Whole Foods in Chapel Hill is selling out their remaining supply of BPAL. I get the sense that my bottle of La Vague is pretty old. But it's still lovely.

In the bottle: fruity and floral. Light and summery and fun.

Wet: Jasmine takes over and makes me swoon - in a good way.

Dry: The notes are taking turns. I can identify the peach, supported by creamy flowers. The grape is barely detectable, which makes it nice (Urd is so not good on me, for example). Is it peachy? Is it floral? Depends on the moment I sniff. It seems to be fading pretty fast, but it's been fun!

La Vague is all candied jasmine petals and stone fruits. Peach-flavoured Nerds candy, to be precise

Sniffing it wet on my skin, I don't detect any creaminess, as it remains very light and crystalline. The jasmine and peach play off each other very nicely. The throw is pretty substantial, as I got a "WHOA what's that fruity smell?" from someone across the room after I put it on.

As it dries down, the florals fade a little (and I think I finally detect some creaminess?) and the peach remains the sparkling note.

La Vague falls into the juvenile candy-scent for me, but I'll keep my imp for a nostalgic pick-me-up