Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

Lucifer

Patchouli, golden amber, deep woods, fig, and vetiver.

The lovely samarablackcat frimped me this and I'm finally testing it! First appled, it was strong, dry vetiver and I wasn't loving it (very pretty red oil), but as it dries down it becomes a nice sweet patchouli. I do like this but I think still prefer Goblin when I want a more of a patchouli strong type scent.

i like this a lot! it's mostly amber, fig and vetiver, i think? the vetiver or patchouli is turning a bit lead-like though, which is the only downside. after awhile, the lead-scent calms down a bit, and this is all amber and fig. softness with a hint of sweetness from the fig. very nice! not sure it's bottle-worthy, but i will hold onto my imp.

The first time I tried this, I found it a bit unsettling - it might've been too heavy on the vetiver and patch, I'm not sure - but I had a feeling that it'd improve, so I stashed it away.

I was right.

Five months later, this is fantastic. Still a blast of vetiver at the beginning, but it dries down to a sticky resinous scent - there's a definite sweetness from the amber and fig, with patchouli at the forefront. The vetiver stays well-blended and rounds out the earthiness. It's gooooood. <3

Initial application: Very peppery from what, I assume, are the woods and the patchouli mixing together.

Warmed: Some sweetness is coming through from the fig, and some warmth from the amber. The woods and vetiver are keeping this scent very dark and dry, though.

After a while: Oh god, it's so gorgeous. Dark, warm, and just a little sweet. It would make an excellent sultry evening or deep winter scent. Now I want my husband to try it!

I recently discovered that I like vetiver, and better yet - it likes me. Initially on my skin Lucifer is a very dark and fig sweetened smoky vetiver. Almost immediately after the raw patchouli comes in. It's kinda freaking sexy somehow, but over time it softens and the amber and fig smooth everything up deliciously. Dry down is a lovely amber with rich fig.

I'm really loving this one, and can see me wearing this often. May need a backup bottle, tbh.

I got to try this at a meet and sniff, and it stuck in my head that I loved it, so I added a bottle to my Pretty Indulgent order.

Wet: The combo of the woods, patch, and amber almost creates a tobacco type feel to this. It's sweet, earthy, a little dirty (in a good way) and pretty sexy. I don't feel that it's too masculine for me to wear, but I do think it would be good on a man too. The vetiver is just a hint, on me (my skin eats it like crazy) and it seems to be a cross between the smoky and vegetal varieties.

Dry: The fig really comes out. The notes here list "fig" but it's listed as "fig leaf" on the Pretty Indulgent site. I wasn't sure which it was going to be, but this is very figgy, as in the fruit, on me. I LOVE fig with Patchouli. This is made sweeter by the amber, and I like whatever woods are present. Really good, glad I remembered liking it and picked up a bottle. I will admit though, it's fairly similar to The Grave-Pig on me, which may be why I like it!

Darn it. I hope the patchouli settles down. As usual BPAL patchoulis seem to smell like sawdust on me and not pleasant. It amps badly.

I cant even smell the vetiver, and I am a vetiver lover!

I will update if it changes into something better...for now it is doing exactly what Sara Pezzini did. sweaty woodchips. Boo - I waited for a long time to try this.