Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
wyndham

blueberry?

I'm looking for something with a blueberry note. I did a search of the forums, but didn't come up with anything... is there anything out there, does anyone know?

I'm pretty sure that BPAL has never made a blend with a blueberry note. Maybe someone will mention something that reminded them of blueberry, though.

I searched the reviews forums for mentions of blueberry and this is what I found. To replicate the search, search for blueberry, highlight the Reviews subforum, choose Search All Posts and Show Results As Posts.

Huh. I see a lot of those search results are my ramblings, lol. I love blueberry and am always hoping for a blueberry blend from BPAL. The strongest blueberry impression that I've gotten was actually from Depraved, which was my first BPAL true love. Something about the apricot in that blend really smells of blueberry to me. My review:

"Depraved was a freebie imp from someone in my very first BPAL swap package... and it was one of the first scents that I fell madly in love with. I tried it on without ever reading the description of patchouli and apricot... and I happily thought that Depraved was a blend of blueberries and leather. It sounds odd, but that's what this smells like on me. Wild maine blueberries ready for pie and a strip of leather. It's amazingly fruity, but the patchouli gives it a darker smokier quality.

This is the scent that began my love for patchouli, if patchouli works well with your body chemistry then I highly recommend trying this one."

So perhaps that one would be worth a try. :P

No, I don't think there are any blueberry scents out there, but have you tried Medea? It's got a strong blackcurrant note, which smells kind of blueberry/green appleish to me.

Blueberry lovers rejoice! Looks like Beth has released BPAL's first ever blend with that elusive blueberry note... Blue Fire, from the Atomic Luau Lounge (specifically, the notes are papaya, blueberry, lemongrass, and gin). The will-call reviews are drifting in and some people are getting more blueberry than others, but I am sure this is going to be a must try for the blueberry fans out there. And if she has finally concocted a blueberry bouquet that she is happy with, there's a chance we'll see it in another scent, or more scents, down the line.

I am on the fence about Blue Fire - I have to confess I personally have not been dying for a blueberry scent :P Sweet and fruity tends not to be on my list of loves, and papaya is a note I am really unsure about. But the whole Atomic Luau collection has me so fascinated, I think I am going to have to try them all! I'm just predicting that I am going to find my true loves among the tropical florals, green and woody scents in the collection and not so much among the boozy-fruity ones. Then again, one of the things I find the most fun about BPAL is when I stumble on something fantastic that I never would have predicted I'd love so much (Pisces 2007, Archangel Winter, and The Black Swan are the most recent ones that come to mind). So I am definitely keeping an open mind!

I am rejoicing and have already ordered a bottle of Blue Fire :P. I couldn't pass it up, even though lemongrass is often terrifying and awful on my skin... I am *so* hopeful for this blend.

Baneberry on me is blueberry and raspberry. I don't think everyone gets those notes from it, but it's worth a shot.

jester has huckleberry in it as well and as kenjari pointed out, huckleberry smells a lot like blueberry.

also, if you can get your hands on some, to me crumpet rebellion smelled like blueberry jam on crumpets.

jester has huckleberry in it as well and as kenjari pointed out, huckleberry smells a lot like blueberry.

also, if you can get your hands on some, to me crumpet rebellion smelled like blueberry jam on crumpets.

I was just thinking of Crumpet Rebellion.

Bewitched has a nice berry vibe going on - I've never actually tried to pick out specifics though.

So I need to hear a little more about the blueberry-ness of Crawdad Dream. Is it all blueberry all the time, just a hint of berry... what's the verdict? I need to know if I need to get out my crawdad shovel and start poking around in the mud of the swaps forum.

On me: It's blueberry pie filling and then dries to sweet blueberry tea. :P But that's according to me and my nose. :D

So I need to hear a little more about the blueberry-ness of Crawdad Dream. Is it all blueberry all the time, just a hint of berry... what's the verdict? I need to know if I need to get out my crawdad shovel and start poking around in the mud of the swaps forum.

The only two scents I'm aware of with specific blueberry notes are Crawdad Dream and Blue Fire. While I like the blueberry in them, I don't like the way it blends with the other notes. I don't think of Blue Fire or Crawdad as being blueberry scents at all (Blue Fire, to me, is fruity and boozy and Crawdad Dream is very perfumy).

I definitely think BPAL needs to make a really good blueberry scent! :P Something that smells mostly of fresh-picked, plump blueberries and not that candied sort of bubblegum blueberry that's in Crawdad and BF. I've been going around the forums saying....give me Blueberry Crisp! :D

On me: It's blueberry pie filling and then dries to sweet blueberry tea. :P But that's according to me and my nose. :D

See, I was so psyched to try Crawdad after hearing all this luscious foodiness from reviews, but it's not sweet and foody at all on me! There's nearly no blueberry/currant at all upon drydown and the other elements are much more prominent, though it's quite berrylicious in the bottle.

Blue Fire, on the other hands, is just yum! THAT smells more like blueberry pie filling to me than Crawdad (the papaya really sweetens it up on my skin).

Blueberry initially very noticeable in Crawdad Dream - it does recede quite a bit, but does remain berry-ish until the late drydown on my skin. If you like blueberry, it is worth picking up. It ends with a vanillaesque foody skin musk with just the barest hint that there was blueberry in it. It's a rather chaotic scent overall, but really nice.

There was a forum only scent last July called Irrelevant & Disturbing surreal Crawdad Dream which had blueberry as one of the many notes. I have seen it available in the sales and swaps section, so you might be in luck. You can read the reviews here.........oops, I'm posting from work and I can't link it, so I'll do this for now until I get home.

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=47...75&start=75

Is there/does anyone know of a scent with blueberry?

Yes, as above, Crawdad Dreams has a great blueberry note. It doesn't fade on me.

And in addition to the awesome Crawdad Dream, as mentioned in the much earlier posts, there was Blue Fire from the Atomic Luau Lounge - limited edition, but you might be able to find it.

Sadly, I got virtually no blueberry from Crawdad. It was mostly tea on me, which I did not really like. :D

I would love a good truely blueberry scent. :P

Sign in to follow this