Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Recs for Longest Lasting Oils

Some scents that have lasted a particularly long time on me are: Spellbound, Haunted, Snake Oil, O. Most oils containing amber have a lot of staying power.

Siren lasts a super duper long time on me...the runners up are Snake Oil, Voodoo, Old Athens, and Blood Lotus. I have to take it easy on all of these since they last 12 hrs. or more.

I too have skin that eats up the oils. Here are the ones that last nice and strong on me:

Le Serpent Qui Danse

Veil

Silentium Amoris

Desire

Dragon's Heart

Love Me

Blood Lotus

superlong =10hours and longer

-Greed

-Envy

-Persephone

-De Sade (did last all night till next morning I had to wash it off!)

-Delight

-Gluttony

quick faders (on my skin, in hair/clothes it lasts much longer)

-Dana O shee

-Serpent qui Dance

I have crazy, finicky skin and sometimes, what ones last on me don't last well on other people.

That being said all of the following had incredible staying power on me:

Masabakes

Bordello

Zephyr

Old Morocco

Bloodlust

Severin

Shattered

Ones that seem to have middling staying power include:

Pele

The Hesperides

Roadhouse

And ones that immediately vanish are:

Baobhan Sith

Magdalene

Seraglio

Edited by pekeana

I would advise avoiding anything with mineral oil (baby oil) in it.  Not good for your skin.  Makes your skin age faster and seems to do bad things to perfumes.

Eeek! I never heard this before. :D I moisturize head to toe after showering every day (gotta keep my Victorian pallor smooth) and I just bought some Johnson's "softlotion" which, I think, is lotion mixed with baby oil...it feels great. What exactly is it doing to me? :P

Thanks everyone for the recs. I am going to take these all into consideration when i order my next set of imps... but considering i have 30 on there way to me i have alot of those that you reccommended in that bunch.

I also tried strength which seemed to last a while on me.. good thing because i LOVE it! :P

Gluttony, Maenad and Muse have been the ones I've tried with the longest staying power. I put Muse on this morning and can still smell it.

Edited to say: Never mind. Just tried Water of Notre Dame and it definitely wins the "staying power" award. But use very sparingly! It's STRONG!

Edited by Scylla

So far, these have lasted the longest on me:

O

Blood Rose

Loviatar

Black Phoenix

Black Widow

Seraglio (heh, t3andcrumpets...curiously, this one stays on me forever but Severin vanishes almost immidiately :P aye, body chemistry is indeed a strange thing...)

Saturnalia

Black Rose

Glasya

Old Paris

Bliss

Blood Lotus

Black Forest

Good luck with your quest. :D

I would advise avoiding anything with mineral oil (baby oil) in it.  Not good for your skin.  Makes your skin age faster and seems to do bad things to perfumes.

Eeek! I never heard this before. :D I moisturize head to toe after showering every day (gotta keep my Victorian pallor smooth) and I just bought some Johnson's "softlotion" which, I think, is lotion mixed with baby oil...it feels great. What exactly is it doing to me? :P

i don't think it can make your skin age faster if you stay inside most of the day, but it basically soaks up the sun. it's good if you want to go out and get dark and tan, but you know what tanning does to your skin. it basically fuels the process of getting burned by the sun. ha. if there's anything else it does, i'm unaware of it, but i'd be interested to know.

Edited by diabolique

For a light scent, Water of Notre Dame so far has had the longest life on my skin (a full work-day and a couple hours longer). I'd give it a shot.

Actually, I've read in a few places that it ages your skin faster. I will try to find one of the articles but this could take some time.

Mineral oil does not allow your skin access to air. Apparently, that has something to do with it

Diabolique is right about sun exposure as well. Any dermologist will tell you that tans are signs of sun damage and age your skin.

Mineral oil is just no damn good. And we all know how nasty it is on hair...(shudder)

Boots

I found out that every oil containing Patchouli has a good lating power on me, and rose as well.

quick faders are minty and lemony scents (well i am stating the obvious right)

Tombstone lasts forever on me, all day and well into the next day too... I applied a dab yesterday at 2pm and I'm still catching a sniff of it now, softer and warmer, but still definately there.

ah, tombstone :P

I found Greed to be the very most long-lasting. Man it lasts and lasts and lasts. It's like the energizer bunny.

Hi!

Dragon's Heart lasts all day long on me. I love it, and I wear it at work so that I don't go postal. :P

Imp also lasts for quite a while on me, but the scent changes (in a good way) over time.

Hope that helps!

Things with musk seem to be long-lasting, to me. But I wanted to make a note.

Often times, when I think things have 'died' on my flesh, I find that I'm just very acclimated to the scent. When I shove myself under someone else's nose, they note that, indeed, the scent is still thriving. I'm just unable to smell it.

Could be that, in part, is what is happening. :P

Van Van. OMG, it's strong and long lasting. I slathered with Lilith this morning, but because I was going to coffee morning with all my girlies in honor of my birthday, I applied a teeny dab of Van Van between my boosies for an extra boost and it's all I can smell, even now nearly 7 hours later. Even dabbing one had with Chaos and the other with Lampades...still smell the Van Van.

And it really does give a total confidence boost when one is going to be the center of attention.

Swank, Old Paris, Harlot, Djinn and Aizen-Myoo all last well on me, but then I do slather these ones on more than others. :P

I applied Dragon's Heart at 6:30 this morning, and it's still there (though much more muted) at 4:45 this afternoon. I'd call that good staying power. And, like someone else said, it helps keep me sane during a day of teaching. Plus it's just the most fabulous scent EVER, so...there you go.

Snake Oil and O last a long time too. I usually only apply O before going to bed, and it's still there when I wake up in the morning.

I'm sure there are others, but since those are my top three picks of the moment (and also the only 5 ml bottles I possess), I'll leave it at that.

I have two different answers:

For actual staying power, in a very literal sense, Kweku Anansi and Tintagel lasted longest.

For staying power in the sense of stong enough to waft and be smelled by others, I'd have to say Kweku Anansi and Harlot.

This is what normally happens with me - at some point during the drydown, there will be a sudden change, and I cannot notice the scent unless I smell my wrist. I know this is actual scent-fading, because it happens very suddenly. One minute, I'll be smelling it, and the next, it's gone. This happened with Tintagel, but many, many hours later (something like 15 hours, I think) AND after a shower, I could still smell it on my wrist. Neither Kweku Anansi, nor Harlot lasted that long. On the other hand, Harlot keeps the nice wafting scent for at least two hours, then fades completely. Kweku Anansi doesn't do that as long, but it does stay in the faded form a lot longer than Harlot (but not as long as Tintagel). The rest of my oils tend to go to the faded note within an hour, sometimes even less. I'm assuming that's normal, but I wish it wasn't. I don't like rushing out the door, so I never put it on *right* before going out, and then there's transportation time, so I don't think anyone has actually smelled me smelling good :(.

Scents always disappear so quickly from my skin, except for that horrid Jess by Jessica McClintock (it made me physically ill for 21 days straight). Even with moisturizers, the lasting power isn't that great either. Is this because certain notes fade away faster?