Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Archaic Smile

Love a GAP perfume, want a BPAL that's similar...

My skin used to love the Gap's fragrance OM - unfortunately it was discontinued. Does anyone know of a nice BPAL equivilant?

My memory is kind of iffy, but the notes were: musk (maybe white), sandalwood, and a slight hint of white florals. It's definatly a warm scent and not too insence-y.

Help?

Edited by Archaic Smile

I've never tried OM, but the reviews on Makeup Alley call to mind these two:

Morocco - The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

Baghdad - Amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood.

Even if they end up not being similar to OM, you may still like them on their own merits. :P

OM is still plentiful on ebay, too.

I haven't smelled it, but by notes Ode on Melancholy, Shroud, and Zephyr seem to be similarly soft combinations of light floral, sandalwood and white musk.

Archaic -- I haven't found anything in the BPAL catalog that matches the scent of GAP Om. Have you tried GAP outlet stores? They still stock Om, last time I checked.

Archaic -- I haven't found anything in the BPAL catalog that matches the scent of GAP Om. Have you tried GAP outlet stores? They still stock Om, last time I checked.

Yeah I could always count on my local Gap Outlet, but these days all they have left are the OM body mist and moisturizer. The manager told me they have no plans to restock anymore of the fragrances. Bummer. :D

At least I can count on BPAL for something new and unusual. :P

A long long ago scent at GAP was an earthy smell Grass. I have a mini bottle that is almost empty that I've hoarded for special occasions. When it discontinued I found a few mini bottles and now that I'm down to less than half a bottle I am looking for a similar scent.

At least I found bpal. I am pleased with my picks so far but am looking for recommendations if any of you know that old scent!

Thanks!

A long long ago scent at GAP was an earthy smell Grass. I have a mini bottle that is almost empty that I've hoarded for special occasions. When it discontinued I found a few mini bottles and now that I'm down to less than half a bottle I am looking for a similar scent.

I'm not sure how much this will help you, but what I remember of the scent is that it was an incense-musk ... you might want to look in that direction for things similar to Grass. It's been a long time since I've smelled Grass, so I can't really think of any specifics that would be close enough to help you out.

I think your best bet would probably be Roadhouse - "Truck stop sleaze. Weedy dandelion and hops with a whiff of tobacco and hemp and a swirl of booziness." I also like One to Tie, Two to Win for that grassy scent ("Dewy grass, summer breezes, and dandelion clocks."), but it's more of a pure, slightly bitter dandelion scent - as well as being much harder to find since it's not a GC blend like Roadhouse is.

I loved Grass. To me it smelled like a freshly-mowed lawn. I've never found anything, here or elsewhere, remotely like it.

At least I found bpal. I am pleased with my picks so far but am looking for recommendations if any of you know that old scent!

Thanks!

I don't know if it smells like Gap Grass, but I know that The Apothecary has that sweet, thick, almost rank grassy smell of a freshly-cut lawn in the summer to me. I might track down an imp of that and see what you think.

Never smelled Gap's Grass, but if it smells like, well, grass, I'd suggest trying Rosalind, which smells almost entirely of fresh grass on me. :P

I used to love Gap Grass. I hunt down green scents like there's no tomorrow. The closest thing for me with BPAL would be a cross between Orpheus (a lovely green stem scent which turns a bit perfumey on drydown) and One to Tie Two to Win (which is very, very fresh). If those two had a baby, you might be able to name it Gap Grass.

Sign in to follow this