Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Elizabethm

Recs for a scent similiar to rice pudding!

The thick, rich smell of custard enveloping sweet rice with a dash of nutmeg.

Anyone know any scents that are similiar? I'm not too much a foody fan but the smell of rice pudding (and bread pudding too!) is very sensual to my nose for some whacked reason.

My sister had a bottle of Sudha Segara I smelled which I recall as being very rice puddingy. Judging by the reviews, a lot of the other forumites agree.

By the way, nice question. :P I adore rice pudding.

Dana' O Shee is a creamy sweet grain scent to try.

Eden is also creamy and sweet, but completely different from Dana'O Shee. Both are worth a try.

If you are looking specifically for the type of rice pudding with cinnamon in it, try these.

The Chilling Cellar actually reminded me of rice pudding. It has a lovely spice note.

Strangler Fig was a spicy vanilla on me.

Tombstone in it's drydown phase might also work. (yeah, i know the creamy rice pudding thing was the last thing I expected from Tombstone, but there it was, and a lot of people get it)

A lot of people get rice pudding like notes from Wolfsbane, which I think has the same cedar and maybe sassafras, like Tombstone.

And of course, Egg'd Mailbox if you can find it. And possibly Egg Nog

Edited by crimescenecleanup

I don't know how it compares to the ones before, but I recommend you try out this year's Egg Nog. I tried it on and the boozy note disappeared completely after a few minutes, and I'm left with creamy, yummy egg nog, but it smells a lot like egg custard as well since the booze note went away.

Edited by Delirium1009

I have nothing to base this on, having not tried it, but I'm convinced that Diwali will smell like rice-pudding when I get it.

Your results may vary, but when I tried this at will call I got a lot more in the way of tropical fruity drinks. There was a lovely creaminess to it, though!

I don't know how it compares to the ones before, but I recommend you try out this year's Egg Nog. I tried it on and the boozy note disappeared completely after a few minutes, and I'm left with creamy, yummy egg nog, but it smells a lot like egg custard as well since the booze note went away.

I agree--Egg Nog is totally worth a shot. On my skin chem, it wasn't very boozy, and not as nutmeg-y as I would've hoped, but it definitely had a creamy egg custard thing going!

I'd go with Egg'd Mailbox. I'm wearing it right now and it is a very sweet, creamy nutmeg scent. Mmmmmmm Of course, its LE but you might be able to get hold of some.

Dana O'Shee with Milk Moon, then a "drop" of Bengal for the spice

Edited by marlena

I don't have a BPAL rec but I do have one for lotion!

Bathed & Infused has a scent called Cinnamon Rice Pudding, which I have in body fluff (a very thick cream) and it smells like you could stick a spoon in it and take a bite. I even imagine I can smell raisins!