Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
errosenzweig

Looking for something to complement London

I'm looking for a scent that would go well with London. My mom has a lotion that she loves that smells just like London and I want to get her a perfume that would go well with it. I'm going to get her London also, but I also want something she could wear when she wants more than just roses.

Thanks!

This is going to sound crazy but...I love London with Grog! No kidding, roses and rum and butter...it's the berries. I love London with The Lion, too. And I love London with Jack. You could make a case for these British names going well with...London. Somehow they do.

I think London is an exceptionally versatile BPAL. It goes beautifully with so many other BPAL's and it is stunning on its own, just as a perfect perfect rose scent. It's one of my favorites, too, for exactly those reasons.

london.jpg

I really like Maiden layered with London: the rose of London is a bit much for me on its own, but it has a lovely softening effect on the sharp cleanness of Maiden...while Maiden, in turn, renders London a bit less like scented drawer-paper.

(Conceptually, Maiden comes across to me as Jane Austen-like in its astringency, while "Maiden in London" is much more Georgette Heyer-ish. *g*)