Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
alicia_stardust

Aeris Massage Oil

In alchemy, the archetype of air represents the movement of spirit and thought. Aeris uses a combination of lemon, verbena, orange blossom, cypress, sweetgrass, white grapefruit, and lavender to help stimulate mental acuity and inspire creativity.

Almond oil, refined rice bran oil, fractionated coconut, rosehip seed oil, evening primrose, vitamin E, Citrus limomum, Cypressus sempervirens, Lavendula angustifolia, verbena, orange blossom absolute, sweetgrass and our Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume blend.

Aeris is presented in a plastic amber-colored bottle with the most gorgeous little label that has a parchment-like background texture in a tawny to blue-green gradient.

This is an amazing massage oil that captures the essence of the air element perfectly. I am in complete awe at how well Beth was able to capture the archetype of each of these elements, and Aeris is another stunning offering. I am able to capture the scent of nearly all of the listed notes, but the ones that sit the strongest for me are the sweetgrass and orange blossom, followed by white grapefruit, followed by cypress. The lavender is ever so subtle in this. Overall the "color" of this scent is a wash of pale yellow, lavender, and blue.

The aromas in this oil are uplifting, vibrant, energizing, and seem to clear my head and leave it quiet yet open after a long and stressful day. It gives off a sense of being lightweight, carefree, floating.

The massage oil base is not too heavy and it was easy to work into the skin. It sinks in quickly so I don't have to worry about where or what I leave smudges on.

Aeris

In bottle: mmm, soothing lavender, with herbs and something sweet.

On skin: I smell more citrus when it's on the skin, specifically orange blossom. It's a lovely sweet lavender and orange blossom scent with a hint of cypress and grass. This is really nice-it's relaxing yet also stimulating, it calms the mind yet also makes me feel alert. I think the green/woodsy notes help to ground it a little, but the blend feels light and fresh, it has a kind of almost cologne like scent to it, it reminds me of those French lavender soaps/perfumes my mum likes, which is no bad thing. Eventually the scent turns to a lovely dry grassy scent, I'm guessing that's the sweetgrass. I get hints of lavender and orange blossom, but it's mainly woodsy cypress and grass, but it's a light scent. I get the impression of a breeze blowing through a meadow from this scent now, grasses and wild flowers swaying in the wind. It's a very agreeable scent, and I'd like to try this for it's properties of stimulating the mind-I think this would be a nice oil for a pre-exam massage, I think! It seems to be a scent for soothing and sharpening the mind at the same time.

The oil texture is wonderful! It feels smooth and silky but not greasy at all-the skin absorbs it really well, my hands don't feel sticky or oily, and my skin feels so moisturised! Since I don't have many people to massage me most of the time, I'd use these oils as a moisturiser.

Aeris - While I give the actual oil of this one the same high ratings as the other three massage oils, I can't do the same for the scent. It's predominantly lavender and grass on me, both which are scents that I rarely, if ever, find appealing. It's earthy in an herbal sense, yet somehow it maintains an airy quality about it. I would definitely recommend this to people who love the scent of lavender.

The fragrance in this is lighter than the other massage oils. It's a beautifully soft lavender with a very gentle grassy note. Nothing medicinal or sharp, just a pure floral lavender. There's a bit of a freshness here too, possibly from the verbena and grapefruit. It's soothing, but it also made me feel more cheerful. Grapefruit always has that effect on me.

Like the other massage oils, it's non-greasy and doesn't leave a sticky or thick residue. It's extremely light and silky in texture. I can use them as a body moisturizer and immediately get dressed without having to worry about it transferring onto my clothes. The oil is absorbed into my skin so quickly.

I received a generous sample of Aeris from a generous swapper :P.

The scent of this is really pretty, though I probably will try another fragrance when I go to purchase a full bottle of massage oil. Aeris is a bit too citrussy for me, especially when it's first on. Sweetgrass as a note itself smells a bit lemony on me before morphing into more of a meadow scent, so I get a bit of sharpness with the sweetgrass, verbena, and grapefruit combined at first. On the skin after 10 minutes or so, the lemony sharpness calms down and this mellows into a soft floral lavender. The citrus becomes less sharp, more of a soft orange blossom. The softer notes mingle with a grassy, herbal sort of twist. Mostly I would say that this is a clean, herbal scent when it's rubbed into my skin. Clean meadow of wildflowers, herbs, and lavender? A pretty, light scent on me.

I like the texture of this too, from what I could tell with my sample. The oil sinks in rather quickly on my legs. I think that I'll repurchase, but probably in a different fragrance.

Edited by Tania

Great texture.

Starts off a soft lavender aroma to me, followed by the citrus of grapefruit but it's not overtly sharp or too single-notey - there's a slight woodsiness without being woodsy (does that make sense?). Herbal in the brighter, less cooking herbs, more mint-lemon-blossoms, less sharp rosemary-esque.

Over time this goes more towards orange blossom/neroli which is marvelous.

Feels like I'm expanding my space just using this. It'd be awesome for yoga.

right after applying this oil the White Grapefruit is taking over :mellow:

it gives me a happy feeling even though it is not my favorite of ingredients listed..

but the Orangeblossom gives it that part of the scent that makes me love it anyway :wink:

I picked up a decant of this from a circle.

In the bottle: Delicate orange, honey, evergreen, and something grassy. I'm wary of the orange blossom note, since it often doesn't work well on me.

On my skin it was almost entirely sweet lemon and light lavender. This isn't lemon juice or peel, it's more like lemon with a touch of sugar. (I kept re-reading the ingredients, wondering why this smelled so much like lemon when the list said grapefruit.) The lavender, not often a good note for me, behaves beautifully in this with just a touch of woody stemminess.

The overall impression is so cheerful and stimulating, right on the money for an Air scent. I just wanted to huff it! It's long-lasting too; I can still smell pleasant grapefruitiness 18 hours later. And like the other massage oils, it feels great and makes my skin very happy indeed.

I could easily see using this as my default massage oil.

I love all of the massage oils, and this is no exception. The grapefruit, lemon and orange blossom are deliciously uplifting and the lavender and sweetgrass calm me down so I can sleep. Really great.

I like the combination of soft lavender and lemon that I smell in this. I'm a chiropractor and I do soft tissue work every day, and although I like the scent of this and even the feel of it, I wouldn't be able to use it at work. It sinks in too quickly. I might be able to add it to the oil/lotion I usually use, for the scent, but on my skin the scent didn't stick around very long. The oil definitely did soften my skin, though. It feels like good quality.

I get a blast of soft lavender/lemon, and then I get both orange and sweet grass. LOVE IT. I'm so glad I finally took the chance on this.