Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
requieminblack

Pumpkin Smash

Pumpkin Smash! -- Pumpkin pulp, beeswax candles, smoke, asphalt, and beer!

At first this is all warm and spicy pumpkin pie. Then it morphs into something much like Roadhouse. After about 20 minutes it fades into pumpkin pulp and beeswax. This is totally unique! Edited by requieminblack

Pumpkin Smash (LE) (BPTP)-

In Bottle: Fruity pumpkin, a bit of butter, spices but still fresher smelling than baked pumpkin pie. Not nearly as clove-y as Jack. It's really delicious!

Wet: Sweet and delicious, nutmeggy, like the pumpkin cookie dough you'll be baking soon. *eats own wrist*

Dry: Pumpkin cookies. Cooked a little on the raw side. Just delicious. Already my favorite pumpkin BPAL scent, I think.

Overall: Wonderful.

This is exactly what I've wanted in a BPAL pumpkin scent! It definitely embodies its concept. :P

This is primarily a carved pumpkin with a candle burning inside it. It gives only the occasional slight suggestion of sweetness. I don't get pumpkin pie or cookies at all - which is perfect because I'm not one for overly foody scents. The beer hangs around in the background almost innocuously for the most part, but every now and again it sneaks up, overpowers the pumpkin and is joined by a quick splat! of smoke and asphalt.

The throw and wear length are on the light side, but this is so wonderful and so much fun it's worth slathering.

(edited for clarity)

Edited by GreenSpine

straight sniff from imp is buttery, boozey pumpkin...

once applied pumpkin, tar, a touch waxy ... one crazy and fun halloween scent!

This is incredible. It smells like my beloved PP5, but a little bit grittier. It's almost as if it's been touched with the tiniest bit of De Sade. I get that strong, masculine, fresh leather aroma. I love Roadhouse, but I'm not getting any of that from Pumpkin Smash. It really is just like a non-sweet pumpkin scent + De Sade. I love it completely! This is a very very ME scent, but I also suspect I would love it as much or even more on a man. Mmm. *licks lips*

At first, this is very smokey pumpkin. Pumpkin on fire? Something like that. It actually starts to sweeten up a tiny, tiny bit after several minutes, but retains the almost sharp smokey smell. I can't quite detect the beer or the beeswax, but I suppose that's what's generating the hint of something sweet. Or maybe it's sour? Damn - this is unique! And I say that in a positive way - while I was iffy at first, I like it more and more with each sniff.

ETA: About 90 minutes later I can definitely detect the beeswax and . . . I love it! Now it's mostly pumpkin and beeswax. The smokey notes have faded away. Yummy, yet pretty. Why oh why must a person fall in love with an Inquisition?

Edited by angelfish323

PUMPKIN SMASH

Wet: In the bottle it smells like pumpkin and a very small hint of smoke in the background.

Dry on Skin: This starts as a classic pumpkin scent, but within the first couple of minutes I get smoke and a touch of beer. The smoke is really unique and doesn't overpower the other notes. It remains dry and subtle. After some time has passed, I start to smell a waxy candle scent and the pumpkin note (now with subtle spice) has once again come to the forefront of all of the other notes. The wax is a perfect accent to the pumpkin and smoke. It remains complementary and smells much better than you might imagine.

Pumpkin Smash is very evocative and reminds me strongly of adolescent Halloween mischief. It is not sweet or dessert-like at all, yet it still smells delicious. The smoke and beer do not make this a masculine scent at all. It's quite lovely and grounded, but still full of pumpkin goodness! This is a perfect execution to the concept of smashed pumpkins.

Wow. This is trippy. Pumpkin and candle-smoke, and something with alcohol somewhere near it, and then some really spooky sort of incensey note, except very dark.

If, when the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch, he's actually some glorious nameless horror from the depths of madness who will send his acolyte Linus running through the streets laughing maniacally and gibbering with fear, this is what he'll be wearing.

(I suppose the dark incense could be the asphalt smell.)

um, i actually don't smell any pumpkin in there O_O

I do smell soap, inscence and beeswax. Somebody smashed the pumpkin, and squirrels apparently ate all of the pumpkin and just left the smoldering candle in a small puddle of beer. On drydown there is a bit of beer scent that mixes with the beeswax. sorry, not for me.

Mmmm. This smells really good. Pumpkin, not too sweet, maybe a hint of smoke. There’s a bit of spice. After a few minutes, the wax comes out. The smoke is strong and a bit acrid but it works wonderfully with this scent. Best summed up, this is a smoky, waxy pumpkin with just a bit of sweetness and spice (but not much). I think this is my favorite of the Inquisition this year.

I really adore this scent. I love smoky scents and this one has all sorts of good elements without being overwhelming.

My favorite Trick.

In the bottle, which has great art by-the-by, I get a buttery pumpkin waft with a harder edge coming through. It might be a bit like the asphalt of Black Ice coming in to play. There's a hint of waxiness and the pumpkin is a bit fresher/more vegetal perhaps than the pumpkin in the Pumpkin Cheesecake Treat.

In the dry-down I get a smooth, really well mixed, smoky pumpkin scent with maybe a bit of sweet waxiness. Really well blended though so hard to tell.

This is actually a bit of batch variance because the first bottle I decanted for my circle was MUCH smokier. In general I prefer the imps from that one because I love a smoky edge now and again. However, for a really well blended pumpkin blend, this one is *amazing*!

Bottle: Buttered Pumpkin. Nothing but.

Wet on skin: Fruity(!?), still buttery pumkpin, and smokey something I can't place

Drydown: The fruitness disappears as it dries, becoming smoky buttered pumpkin and something acrid and sharp-probably the asphalt.

Overall: Not what I expected, nor did I expect to like it, but still not quite for me.

Reviewing off my mom, who volunteered to try a pumpkin one for me. :P

In bottle: Very buttery, and sweet - almost cakey..

On skin: The buttery/sweet smell dies down to a spicy (clovey?) scent. Not at all like the two other pumpkin ones I've tried.

All in all, I'm not fond of the pumpkin scents, so this one gets passed on.

This is mostly soft spicey pumpkin on me, just a tad buttery. About 1/2 way through its dry-down I did smell a bit of the smokiness, but not much. I would say if some of the more spicy BPAL pumpkins, like PP with mulling spices is too much for you, or some are too buttery for you, then this is a nice alternative. :-)

In the bottle: overly sweet pumpkin

Wet on skin: Pumpkin with honey and there is an odd note that has a dirty, tar like scent to it.

Complete dry down: Gritty sweet pumpkin

Conclusion: Pumpkin notes are NOT good on my skin. Pumpkin is not my favorite. This is really sweet with a raw gritty edge to it. I think if I loved pumpkin, this would be my favorite as it is the best Pumpkin scent I have smelled so far.

You know, pumpkin is one of those notes that I always want to love but that never seems to work out quite right on me. Pumpkin always dominates on my skin and always smells nutty, rather than buttery on my skin. So it's no surprise that I mostly get nutty pumpkin with this blend. BUT! I do definitely smell asphalt. I had forgotten that was in the scent, and when I tried this on, the first thing I thought was, "This smells like pavement". It has a sort of gritty, dark smell at first. Then it becomes a bit smokier. But it is very much a pumpkin scent on my skin. The upside is that it's different than other pumpkin scents because it's less cozy and more dark. The downside is that I don't see myself reaching for this very often, if at all. I'm going to hold onto it and wear it on a cold Autumn day to see if it changes how I feel about this one :P

this is definitely the most evocative of the inquisitions. It goes on with a really foul tar-and-asphalt stench, which made me recoil and consider washing it off- but then almost immediately I smelled the buttery scent of cooked pumpkin underneath. After awhile some spices came out- cloves, predominantly, but some other good stuff as well which made this phase my favorite pumpkin scent ever! That dies down into a soft waxy sweet pumpkin scent that just lasts and lasts on me.

I really like this scent, but I'm not sure I'd wear it. That initial rush of face-in-the-pavement is a little much!

ETA: and I keep going back and forth on this. Sometimes it's fantastic, sometimes it's burnt-pumpkin foul. This is the trickiest scent I've ever beheld. Very fun!

Edited by Hayet

In the bottle it's all boozy pumpkin. On, the beeswax comes out, smoothing and mellowing the sweetness. Once it's dried down, I get just an occasional whiff of smoky asphalt. I think it may be my favorite of the pumpkin scents I've tried-it's definitely pumpkin, but it's not foody or overly sweet. Love it!

I was absolutely certain I would love this. Pumpkin and beeswax? All right! What could possibly go wrong?

In the bottle, it was delicious, buttery pumpkin. Yum!

Wet, the pumpkin burned off quickly, making way for beeswax and...beer?

Dry: Yup, sweetened hops, beeswax, and maybe a whiff of asphalt. No pumpkin at all. Wah! But I love pumpkin! No fair!

::pouts::

Ok, ok, Looked at objectively, this is a wonderful, fragrant, sweet-but-not-foody, grownup perfume. It smells of fall, with a hint of leaf-scent, and the dead-on smell of the inside of a jack-o-lantern, and the longer I wear it, the better it smells.

It's just not the foody pumpkin I wanted.

This is like Jack, without the plastic-i-ness. And not quite so sweet. If I try hard, I can smell a faint wafting of beer, but it's very well behaved. It's buttery, sweet, a little goes a LONG way and DANGIT! it's not the inquisition I got. :P An imp just won't suffice. The only pumpkin scent that trumps it, IMO, is Pumpkin King. This is almost dead-on the pumpkin scent I've been waiting years for.

Edited by djnevermore

When I first put the oil on, I thought it smelled just like pumpkin. Nothing else at all. More on the sweet side than the buttery side, though.

Then as it started to dry it morphed quite a lot. It turned less pumpkiny and slightly gritty but mostly... creamy. I'm not sure why, exactly. Not buttery, like pumpkin does sometimes, but very definitely creamy. I guess that must be the beeswax candles.

It's interesting, too -- the beer doesn't smell boozy, it's more like... well, you know how a good wheat beer is so thick you could practically eat it with a spoon? It smells thick like that.

When it's completely dry I can't smell anything like asphalt or smoke. Just a creamy sweet pumpkin scent with that beer thickness.

Pumpkin scents are almost always winners for me, and this one definitely is. It's much more mellow and smooth than most pumpkin blends are. Very nice.

PUMPKIN SMASH

In Bottle: Pumpkin and spices

On Skin: I smell pumpkin and nutmeg. More pie smelling than anything… but with a kind of funky background note that begins to sour. I think that’s the beer. The smoke is light but does darken the scent. This scent reminds me of the smell of the inside of a pumpkin, after the candle has burnt down to nothing. You can smell the pumpkin, the wax, the smoke and something slightly off… the pumpkin starting to spoil I guess. It’s not really a scent for me. Luckily the beer isn’t too overwhelming and it’s not a gross scent by any stretch, but it does seem more like a novelty. Light throw and average wearlength.

I am super serious about pumpkin so I was deliriously happy to have been tricked with Pumpkin Smash. At first it was straight pumpkin. Perfect perfect pumpkin. Similar to Jack, but not as heavy. As it dries it becomes smokey but not in a strong way. It's more like distant wood smoke from someone's fireplace or a candle that was blown out ten minutes ago. It reminds me exactly of a Jack-o-Lantern and Halloween. I think I might layer this with Jack in order to achieve the pumpkin and smoke at the same time. I'm not getting any beer or beeswax, but that might be my skin chemistry. In short, I love! :P