Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Marshmallow Poof

A gooey mound of white fluffiness! And yes, it is vegan!

MARSHMALLOWS! :P Being vegan, I asked for a scent that smelled like something distinctly not in my diet, and the Labbies read my mind; I wanted this one especially.

In the bottle, it's a strong, almost boozy fluffy sugar scent. On my skin, there's about five minutes of an odd plasticky quality, but it dries down to a warm, sweet fragrance that reminds me of a cross between Sugar Skull and a creamy white floral. There's an almost radiant quality to it, like a marshmallow oozing fresh from the bonfire, and best of all, it has almost no throw - just cuddles my skin with poofy mallowy loveliness that no-one else gets to smell. HA-ha.

Marshmallow Poof is even better than I expected. I'll treasure the bottle, and will likely tell anyone who asks that I'm wearing "Marshmelon Poof" in a pathetic homage to Star Trek V. :D Edited by Shollin

MARSHAMEE!! ohhh yummm. For me the first sniffy was a soft sweet yum. It wasn't too sugary which is why I say soft. After dabblin it just a bit on my wrist and sniffin', I almost noticed a slight musky quality to it? More than just sugar sweet good. Wayyy deep down really. It was almost like a slight salty quality? kind of like how you add salt to some sweet baked goods.. it just gave it a little oomph. Maybe thats my chemistry though. Salt does amp up the sweetness. But its soooo goood.. No playdough, all sweet and sugar! :P

This one is neat. I agree with the playdoh reports, and I agree that I usually don't like playdoh but somehow this one is not only tolerable, but very nice. But faint- like a whiff of marshmallow peeps. Very sugary. I like it, and it's lasted >2 hrs which is the sign of a lastin' perfume on me.

I was so excited to try this one, as I love marshmallows, but sadly there is something in this that hates me and smells like a chemical sharp smell. Almost like acetone but not as potent. I guess it's the plastic note that some are getting. I do smell the fully, sugary fruity sweetness, too. But the plastic dominates. rats.

I have worn this one several times and am still not sure about it. I think it's my skin chemistry - the marshmallow doesn't quite set up to smell like marshmallow in the end, it has a little bit of that play dough thing, and it's just sort of not *quite* right. But it's sweet in that white sugary way, and I like it in theory enough to want to keep trying it. I think I will be decanting some of this out to trade for other Inquisition scents, and seeing what happens with the rest of it. :P

This smells like simple syrup, the base of boiled water and sugar that is used to make drink mixes. Not what I would chose to wear, but I'm glad I got to try the scent.

FRUIT! I was not expecting that lol. In the bottle it smells all sugary and fluffy - a sort of sugared vanilla. The very moment it touches my skin though, it's softer and fruitier. I think that's cherry. This has a sort of fluffy pink smell to it - very pretty, though unexpected, and totally wearable in my opinion. I was worried this was going to be too sugary (as BPAL sugar blends tend to go blech on me) - but I shouldn't have worried, I totally love this :P

This one is too hyper sweet and simple for my tastes (and I -love- Midway) with an odd fruitiness on my skin. If I sniff this up close on my wrists, it smells like tart fruit punch and weird, plastic-y vanilla. If I don't press my nose up against it and let it sort of waft about, then it smells like vanilla frosting and marshmallow fluff. That weird fruit punch and plastic really puts me off, though.

I actually really wish this smelled like sugary play-doh on me, lol. I'd love that. Play-doh is good memories.

Edited by Tania

I have to agree with Delphine about the simple syrup, although fluffier ... sort of like inhaling the steam off of simple syrup that's cooking down ... through a cotton ball pressed to your nose.

It's simple and straightforward, and I like the pure sugar Marshmallow part of this scent. Unfortunately, it's the Poof that resonates with me the most - slather some on, and poof! - my skin eats it and it's like it was never there.

Come to think of it, though, isn't that the point of a late-night marshmallow binge? :P

Perfect. White sugar marshmallow, like the white Stay Pufft kind I ate when I was a kid. Like the little mini ones you heat up and make Rice Krispie Treats out of! I love Midway, but I hate the dry down where it goes almost cheap candle waxy underneath the sugar. Marshmallow Poof doesn't do that at all! I read someones review where they said smoky undertones and I must say I agree. Very nicely done!

This is just excellent; better than words can describe!!! This is definitely my favorite treat by far. I've never really smelled anything that smelled like this before, but the closest thing I can think of is a pink sugar scent. But it's so much.....purer than your typcal pink sugar; there is so much more fluffiness to the marshmellowy goodness.

This is just, simply put: An angelic cloud of pure white sugar seduction. Possibly one of my favorite BPAL scents of all time, this is exactly the scent I have been waiting for.

THANK GOD I got a bottle of this!! :P **clutches her bottle in sweaty, feverish palms...**

I've only tried a little bit at the moment and even though I do like it, I also get chemical and plastic notes. They fade away after a while, but it leaves me a tad unsure about this blend.

This is fruity and sweet, with an odd sort of cherry note to me at first. But I like it. It's very pretty and fun.

But when I put it on, it melds down quickly to just a sweet sugary scent.. I can smell it if I swipe my fingers in my cleavage (where it has that sweet-fruity scent to me still), but on my wrists? It vanishes. Poof. Gone!

I need to sit on this for a few days to decide if I want to keep it. I love all the treats, so would have been happy with any of them, but this one is doing the vanishing act on me... And I don't like having to bathe myself in it.

I don't know if it's actually being eaten, or I just have a scent blind spot.

For me Marshmallow Poof smells like...soap. Dove soap to be completely honest. At first sniff I can totally and completely smell the sweetness but once I drop it on my skin it just turns into straight up Dove with a slightly creamy base. It's a damn shame because cold sniff it's this beautiful white fluffy cloud :/

Ah, so lovely and sweet and fluffy and chewy...

Wait, where did it go? All I smell is powder...

So very lovely. I wish my skin did not eat it within 10 minutes...

ETA: This has aged over a month now, and is becoming much more sweet and rich- it has better throw and lasts quite a bit longer then when it was fresh. Mmmmm, marshmallows... :P

Edited by mystery213

MARSHMALLOW POOF

In Bottle: Marshmallow!!!

On Skin: YUM! I am crying a little, this is sooooo good! One of the most perfect BPAL scents ever! It smells like ooey gooey marshmallow with a spike of coconut. Pure sugar, sweet and over the top! There is a little fruityness to it, almost strawberry, but very very light, enough to give it a little more substance than just grains of sugar. I get no Play-Dough, no plastic, nothing bad at all from this scent. It is confectionary perfection! It’s pretty light which is the only thing wrong with it… I wish it was stronger. I want to wear this every day, all the time. It totally cheers me up. A complete “hug scent”. I want gallons of this. I always wanted a BPAL marshmallow scent, now I have one. I hope Beth continues to experiment with marshmallow blends, they are so much fun! It has light throw and pretty short wearlength.

O-M-G this is SO GOOD. :P

At first I smelled light sugary...oranges? there was just a touch of something fruity. Just the slightest touch.

Then...I got a little coconutty.

Then...it smelled JUST LIKE MARSHMALLOWS!

and it still does!

wow, if I wear this with Boomslang maybe I will smell like a S'more!!

soft, creamy, sugary play-doh. it's powdery in sweetness, i can slightly detect the plastic note that others have mentioned. this smells so great at first, the drydown and eventual total evaporation of the scent is heartbreaking.

this is one that deserves to age.

ETA: hours later, and i caught a whiff of something sweet wafting off my wrist areas. i thought...wtf is that? and realized that it's marshmallow poof, almost note perfect. i got the sense of sticking my nose into a bag of marshmallows, and even the powdery coating that they have. stunning!

Edited by wikkidraven

It's marshmallows in a bag, powder and all.

I wasn't dying to try this one, but was happy to get it in one of my Inquisitions.

In the bottle, it was nice, but I wasn't overly impressed. It's just marshmallows, you know?

But on my skin it is lovely. After an hour drydown, it is perfect marshmallows with the powder covering. It also really reminds me of Snow White 04 (a HUGE favorite). Snow White dries down on me with a vanilla plastic note. I do like it, but Marshmallow Poof dries down to that vanilla note WITHOUT the plastic.

This might be my favorite of the Inquisition scents! (Ah, the irony.)

YUMMY!!!

I was very lucky to trade my Pumpkin Smash for Marshmallow Poof as pumpkin notes don't like me. Marshmallow Poof, however, LOVES ME!!!

In the bottle: light sugar with a hint of plastic - I ignored that because I had really high hopes!

Wet on my skin: Heavier sugar with an odd plastic note

THEN IT CHANGES!!! :P

Drying down to complete dry down - Heaven!! Smelling my wrist is like sticking my nose into a bag of marshmallows!!! It is the perfect sugary/sweetness with a hint of vanilla. This actually makes me crave hot chocolate with melting marshmallows on top! I cannot get enough of smelling myself!

Conclusion: Marshmallow Poof is DIVINE! This smells even better than the real thing - l;ike marshmallows on steroids - not marshmallow but MARSHMALLOW!!! It lasts quite a while on me and the throw is perfect! It definitely had noses turning in my direction! Awesome job Beth!!

..eek. Eek.

In the imp, this is very sweet, but not really what I'm looking for..

On me, though, it's awful. D: It smells exactly like my dentist's office. A very chemical, heavy, plastic, medical scent that's driving me batty (I'm... rather afraid of doctors and the like). Freakin' me out! ><;

ETA: It has now morphed into medical, chemical play-doh. D:

Edited by River

Mmmm, this is yummy! I'm so glad I managed to find a decant!

On me, it smells exactly like a toasted marshmellow. I get a warm, sugary vanilla feel from it. It's absolutely delicious!

This was one of my full set of Inquisition sniffies. I suspected that Marshmellow Poof wouldn't work for me, and I was right.

In the vial: Marshmellows. Really, if you know what marshmellows smell like you're good to go here, because that's really what it's like. Personally it's not a smell I care for, so it was unlikely this was going to work for me, and that proved to be the case.

On the skin: At first this has plastic elements in it, a milder version of the plastic I got from Toyko Stomp. It blends better here, though, patially as it's fainter and partially as it matches the Marshmellow-y smell. This isn't a powdery smell, although it is a little fuzzy. There's little change on drydown apart from the plastic mostly receding.

It has good throw and wear length (still going very strong when I washed it off 6 hours after applying a small swipe to one wrist).

In the bottle it smells almost fruity like strawberries, but as it dries it looses the fruit and it smells almost exactly like a bag of marshmallows freshly opened. Mmmm. I get the powdery smell that everyone is describing but on me it smells like vanilla and sugar. It sort of reminds me of the vanilla in a creme brulee. Oh Gods. This is my favorite of all of the Trick/Treats I have smelled. I loved the concept enough to seek out a bottle unsniffed, but I was rewarded generously. I too get some plasticy-ness from Tokyo Stomp when it hits my skin, but that doesn't happen with the Poof at all. *huffs wrist*

I am in the extreme minority in that I do not like this one at all. Oh well - my share will be going to a very happy, loving home. :P