Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

TP'd Trees! -- Cypress, oak, and pine covered in 2-ply!

I've never been 1st before!!!!!!!!!! And unfortunately, I suck at reviews... but.... here goes!

In the bottle, it smells very woodsy but has a slight aquatic tone to it... as if maybe mother nature decided to rain on all that TP to seriously F U Up :D, I don't know... but it has the lovely soft feeling that aquatics get on my skin. This is soft and sexy... gender neutral definitely...
I can't pick out any notes (not that I generally can) but I felt from the description that this would be very hard and woodsy but its not. Its green without being overpoweringly "natural" if that means anything at all... I want to attack my husband with this one and see what I get on him because I'm really loving it on me.
(great job, Puddin' and goblins!!! and Beth, STELLAR accomplishment... never did I think that notes which sounded so banal would be so sexy... and... I used to LOVE going TPing... and if my neighborhood had trees, would probably still :P) Edited by goddessrobyn

Just got my Inquisition today and was so excited when I saw I'd received TP'd Trees! I love woody scents and the combo of cypress, oak, and pine sounded too good to be true. Alas, it was .... all I smell is the TP. Yup, from wet phase to drydown TP'd Trees is a perfect recreation of the soft, sweet, powdery scent you'd notice while squeezin' the Charmin. There's not a single wood note to be found in my bottle. <sigh> At least I got a cool t-shirt!!

When I was little my Grandmother used to use this shampoo that was called 'Mountain Fresh Forrest' or something like that. I swear this smells just like it! It doesn't smell as much like trees, but more so like 'spring fresh' scented things. There is something sort of aquatic about it as well so I agree with the wet TP comment above, lol. As this fades this smells JUST LIKE Mr. Bubble bubble bath on me, the powder kind in the box, hehehhe.

TP'd Tree (LE) (BPTP)-

In Bottle: Lightly aquatic--it's the scent of scented toilet paper! That clean airy non-floral scent that you know has florals somewhere except it doesn't quite seem so. There really is that hint of airyness and dirt and wetness like wet TP draped around a damp tree.

Wet: The aquatic scent heightens. Not a sharp eye-watering aquatic, though!

Dry: Is it all right to call an aquatic a *wet* aquatic? Does that sound too redundant? But I mean it seriously! This is not merely floral-y and aquatic, it's damp. It really evokes wet toilet paper. Remarkable.

Overall: Novel, more than something I love, but a cool kind of novel.

This was the only one of the Inquisition scents this round that does not contain foody/boozy notes (which make me ill) so I am very fortunate to be the proud owner of a TP'd Tree! That little roll of toilet paper on the bottle is just about the cutest thing ever, too.

I had sniffed this at ECWC but testing it is always more revealing. As usual, when I get a woody or forest blend I like to try it on right before I go for a walk in the woods. In the bottle, I catch the oak note from the Twisted Oak Tree, but not as burnt as smoky -- just a whiff of a hard, solid wood scent at the bottom, but there is a sweetness as well.

On my skin it immediately becomes a soft, powdery musk layered over gentle woods. Honestly, it reminds me very strongly of Buck Moon, but instead of a base of herbs there is a base of pale woods. I thought this would be a darker, heavier, pinier wood scent but instead it is gentle and sweet, sort of foggy and luminous.

Those who fear the strong, dark woods will be pleasantly surprised by the light sweetness of this blend, but wood lovers like myself should be able to find a little bit of wood to gnaw on, particularly in the early stages, even though it quickly dissipates in a powdery mist. Definitely the right Inquisition scent for me and I think it will be a good substitute for Buck Moon.

This smells so clean and fresh! The powdery "Charmin" undertone :P is present at first, but soon gives way to a clean, original smelling scent. If anything, it smells like I've done laundry. I want to snuggle up with this one under the blankets, it just smells so clean and relaxing...lovely.

staight sniff from imp this reminds me of delousing powder minus the lemony goodness... :D

there is a lovley woodsy, clean feel to this blend; really awesome and possibly my fav

of the bunch :P

The pine is in the forefront, and it really does have that dry, cottony sticks-in-your-mouth-and-in-your-nose toilet paper smell. I don't know how she did it, I am in awe. Take a big whiff of your TP the next time you open a new roll. This is that, while sitting in an evergreen forest.

TP'd TREES

Wet: In the bottle I smell a slight little bit of forest and evergreen, and a soft waft of sweet and fresh powder.

Dry on Skin: I expected this to have a hard, masculine edge from the oak, cypress, and pine. Instead it is a sweet, refreshing, and light scent. It's not quite aquatic, but almost. It is almost powdery, but not too much so. The main thing I smell in this is a soft cotton blossom and a touch of white musk. The pine and woods are ever so slight and are just present enough to keep the fluffy 2-ply from floating off! This is gorgeous, fun, and reminds me strongly of Enraged Bunny Musk.

This is so much more light and fluffy than I expected it to be! Charmin indeed! :D With the faintest hint of some bright, almost sweet woodsy notes in the background. It's soft and cottony and I really love it. :P

It's Charmin all the way on me, so far. We'll see if later it has any wood scent, but so far, it's scented TP. Hmm. But it's pretty amusing, I must admit.

I think someone prior to me noted that pine, cypress and cotton blossm were the main notes ... and they pretty much are. It's sweeter and less pungent than some of the pine type scents like Slobbering Pine for example, this one is very pretty. winner!

In the imp, this smells like light wood and light musk. On the skin, that continues. This is so light and pretty. I think this contains white musk, cotton blossom, and some sort of wood that I can’t identify. It is indeed cottony and reminds me of Enraged Bunny Musk without the lemon and clover. Love it!

It's aquatic and scented toilet paper on me as well -- no woods to speak of (pity, because I love woodsy scents!). Powdery, clean, and slightly sweet. It actually reminds me a bit of Mr. Ibis, though they don't smell alike -- there's a very similar clean-unobtrusive-slightly sweet-slightly aquatic-skin scent thing going on.

It's pretty. It isn't what I was expecting from reading the notes listing so I was a bit disappointed initially, and I do hope that as it ages the woods come out more, but it's pretty, and certainly inoffensive. Would be a good scent for days that you just don't feel like wearing perfume, and a good office scent.

A very interesting scent! At first this smelled a lot like some of BPALs wintery, snow scents, such as Snow Flakes, with a bit of woods. But the dry-down on my fades to a soft floral, a lot like scented tp :-) Fancy that. I can still smell some mild woods on the drydown, too, but it's mostly a soft, powdery floral.

Wow, this is much lighter and softer than I was expecting. I tend to amp woods, and was afraid this was going to be all CEDAR OR PINE OF DOOM on me, but this is a nice, almost oaky wood that blends beautifully with the soft, floral cotton blossom. I like this a lot, but it disappears after about fifteen minutes. Swapping it to someone it will hopefully last on!

I was worried like many others that this was going to be really woody and piney. Thankfully, it's not! I think the last thing I expected with the Inquisitions was a clean scent, but here you have it lol. It's soft and powdery and clean and makes me think of some of the snow scents. It's very unexpected and totally pretty :P

A special thanks to Puddin' for hooking me up with this scent!

First sniff: Wow, strong, deep, sexy woodsy scent. Like a fresh autumn forest at the peak of its beauty. I expected this to be a really in your face tree scent, but there's really a lovely softer side to the blend.

The undertone is soft, unbelievably sensual warmness; it reminds me a bit of amber. This is exactly what I would want my husband to smell like, hell yeah! This is a very long lasting and has quite a bit of throw.

I'm sure the hubbie will swiftly confiscate this bottle; he's so freakin spoiled!

Woodsy and ozoney, this quickly turns into a very fresh smelling toilet cleaner. It's not bad, it's just not my kind of scent as I was expecting a bit more wood and a bit less toilet paper.

This strikes me as a crisp clean linen scent. Like cotton shirts drying in the summer sun, and a breeze coming in off the water with a gentle touch of flowers within.

Quite fresh with a bit of ozone- Try it if you liked Dirty, Katanyia the Clockwork Woman, Bed of Nails or Door 13.

I'm not a pine girl, so I expected to hate this. I wouldn't have it at all except it came with some other decants that I DID want.

... It's really pretty! Kinda woodsy, sweet, earthy, yum. I like it a lot!

Of this inquisition round, Egg'd Mailbox and TP'd Trees really smell nothing like what I was expecting. I thought that, from the description, this would have to be a pine and woods fragrance. This doesn't really smell of pine or woods on my skin though.

On me, this smells like powdery-sweet toilet paper that was rained on. A mixture of soapy aquatic/ozone and powder on me with a hint of something like spring fresh dryer sheets. It's more laundry than forest on my skin. I have a hard time pulling off aquatic/ozone scents and don't really aspire to smell like wet toilet paper, so this one is headed for my swap pile, lol.

TP'd Trees - Most scents with pine smell like car freshener on me. This one is different - it's more of an oak-wood scent, reminding me of The Twisted Tree. It's woody, but not heavy -- almost airy and herbal. There's also the distinct scent of wet paper, like the coarse, brown, paper hand-towels you find in some public restrooms. Sadly, as soon as it touches my skin, there's a faint trace of... B.O. -- and it's not me, it's definitely this blend going wonky on my skin. It's not going to work for me. Still, when it comes to the Inquisitions, six out of seven ain't bad, is it?

TP'D TREES

In Bottle: Clean and sweet

On Skin: This is so pretty! Yes, it is fresh and clean, and oddly smells a lot like a clean bathroom. But not an icky artificial cleanser bathroom, this is like sweet cotton and very white in tone. There is a slight woody smell, but not piney in any way shape or form. I get a soft skin musk, velvety in feel, also a bit powdery. This is gorgeous and I wouldn’t mind wearing this often, as crazy as that sounds. But it does feel like that just hopped out of the shower and feeling clean and refreshed. But very subtle and super soft… like plush white poofy towels. I would also love it as a room scent. It has a very light throw and short wearlength.

I agree with alicia_stardust: "a soft cotton blossom and a touch of white musk." TP'ed Trees smells pretty but it's quite light and fleeting on me. Of the Trick or Treat scents, it's my favorite.