Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Cegirls

Light, gentle, subtle scents for the office, class, expectant moms

Ok, forgive me for not remembering who said that their patient found Old Shanghi relaxing before surgery... I will have to get a 10ml of this...

But, I try not to wear strong scents to work b/c some scents make nauseated people more nauseated/sick, and I try to avoid the whole poop/puke cycle at all costs... lol :P Anyway, what would be some calming, yet yummy scents to wear at the hospital???

BTW, I wore Snake Oil one day, and one of the older, dapper male (read: loves younger women) radiologists about bit my neck! Yikes! Ok, not the man I was looking to seduce, but, hey, it does work! :D

Ok, that subject was to be "Those of us who work IN hospitals..." Can't seem to fix it! lol

[fixed ~qs]

BTW, I wore Snake Oil one day, and one of the older, dapper male (read: loves younger women) radiologists about bit my neck!  Yikes!  Ok, not the man I was looking to seduce, but, hey, it does work! :D

YIKES indeedy!! When I get mine I think I'll avoid wearing it to work then for sure (I'm a volunteer in a charity shop frequented by elderly gents who like to chat with me a lot!!! :D :P :D )

Sorry can't advise you on a suitable scent...wait a mo' wouldn't something light & crisp & refreshing be suitable I think Embalming Fluid is like this from what I've read???

Claire xxx

I'm interested in ordering a set of imps ears but I'm confused because I've found I'm extremely sensitive to certain scents. I rarely wear anything because I easily get headaches, and if a scent is too dry I get a sore throat.

Right now the only thing I wear is The Body Shop's "White Musk" because it doesn't give me a headache and wears off to a really mild scent. It's such a common scent though I'd like to try something more unique.

I'm open to suggestions about new scents because I don't really have any biases...I've avoided perfumes completely because of the above stated reasons, but I'd like to think there's hope for me! What are the best light, wet, not completely floral scents for someone like me? I apologize I know nothing about this subject and would appreciate any advice.

I'm kind of the same way. I have never worn perfumes before, because I get bad sinus headaches from them, or from some of them and it was enough to turn me off from them.

Anyway, lighter scents are probably the way to go. Even if you don't wear perfumes are there any other scents that you like? Like, I know that I love anything that smells lemony, even though I didn't wear perfumes, so that helped me pick out a few. That said, I'm actually finding that most BPAL perfumes don't give me headaches, and if they do, they'll be swapped/sold really fast.

Some of the ones that I like and are a little lighter, to me, anyway are:

Embalming Fluid

Maiden

Queen Mab

I second friendthegirl's suggestions and would add:

Ingenue

The Star

Pain

The latter two are light on me and refreshing.

:D :P to the madness.

Edited by allamanda

Hi catgreens! :P

Zephyr seemed to be very like White Musk when I tried it on - you might like it.

My favourite light scents are Phantasm (soft misty lemon), Ingenue (which is lightly floral, but the most prominent note is white melon) and Tempest (smells like a storm at sea... absolutely glorious and very wet).

Boabhan Sith is a great one, so is Pain. Do you know if you are allergic to anything? I know I'm allergic to juniper, which sucks balls since I love Burial. I have to save it for days when I am feeling exceptionally healthy.

Imp, Katherina , and Embalming Fluid are the ones that come to mind. Plus, you can always try a single note of white musk. And I have found Water of Notre Dame and Van Van to be very lovely, light scents , but because they are Voodoo Blends, they do have a light herbal undertone, so if you are allergic to anything herbal, you might want to think twice about those.

I agree with Shollin. If you like The Body Shop's White Musk, you would probably LOVE Zephyr. It is a light, clean smelling floral with white musk undertones and hints of lemon.

It is a very pretty scent and is perfect for spring and summer, in my opinion. I just ordered a 10 ml bottle myself.

Everything seems to turn strong on me. Almost every scent (even "O") becomes overwhelmingly alcohol-y, sort of like drugstore or department store perfumes -- yuck!

Can anyone recommend something similar to Bordello, or light and/or slightly sweet?

Thanks!

P.S. I ordered the following Imps: O, Bordello, Sin, Love Me, Pele, and The World; I've tried O, Bordello, and Sin (Bordello is pretty nice on me). Freebie Imps: Xiuhtecuhtli, Queen of Sheba, Kostnice, and Snake Oil; I've tried Xiuhtecuhtli and Snake Oil (Snake Oil is OK on me).

I've found Incantation to be light and citrusy sweet. Also, Dana O'Shee is quite light. And Alice, too.

Good luck.

i just tried tears and its rather light and lovely! :P

xoxo

vige

I'll second Dana O'Shee...it has some similar elements to O in it, but isn't nearly as strong/heavy (and as far as BPAL perfumes go, I've found O to be pretty strong).

One caveat: Alice CAN get strong sometimes--she's currently scenting my entire bedroom just b/c a dab spilled on the tag. I love her but kinda wish she would calm down already. How about Swank? It tends to be very light and crisp... :P I am also a huge, huge fan of La Belle Dame sans Merci--light and green; I wear it when I'm sniffed out from other things.

I'm with andrabell on the Tamora, Dragon's Milk and Tigerlily. Also Pele is light and fruity, as are Unicorn and Titiana. And .. oh yes .. Le Serpent Qui Danse.

And thanks to q'spice I can say that Tears and Seraphim are both quite light too. And Embalming Fluid and Old Shanghai too.

Yeah, I agree with Pele. It's very light and very soft. I actually loved the smell of it but it was too light for me to even smell, but I am one of those people who could pour a bottle over my head and you wouldn't smell it (except Bordello ironically since it worked well on you. It made me smell like a candied fruit factory!). I think Pele is also the sweetest smell without being headachy or floral.

Another vote for Dana O'Shee and I also recommend Zephyr.

Fifth House,

Try swapping the ones that are too strong for you for lighter ones. You may find one you like that way. Then you can order a BIG bottle. :P

Boots