Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
princessbeena

Egg'd Mailbox

Fresh egg, just starting to warm nicely in the sun!

I was soooo excited to see this in my package from the Trading Post....this was the one I was most excited about....

In the bottle it's a very nice foody vanilla......it very much reminds me of egg nog.....but egg nog's calmer cousin.....it definitely has an egg custard type scent....very foody in it's own way....and I want to say I also smell a little dash of nutmeg??? That could just be coming from the egg nog comparison though.....

If you love egg custard....and egg nog...this is the scent for you!! It almost reminds me of a nice festive Christmas scent more than a Halloween scent....I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Beth, you are the BEST!!!

at first: a creamy, almost boozy custard scent.

on: tons of custard!

2 hours later: this is still sweet, but there is an odd, slightly plastic-y, slightly vegetable-like note coming out.

overall: for some reason, some of the sweeter scents go odd on me.

This is such a unique smell. At first sniff I get the sweet egg sushi smell. Then it is a rush of a childhood memory of Halloween. Like candy and Halloween make up and carved pumpkins all rolled up into one. As it sits on my skin I am getting the smell of a freshly carved pumpkin with a waxy candle inside. It stays waxy pumpkin til it fades on me. I love it!

This one reminds me of many things!

1) Sunscreen? Not sure why, but there's something almost coconutty about it.

2) Egg-cream bao that you get at dim sum - O, yum :P

3) Egg-nog!

Yummers! It's sweet and spicy and creamy! And the trick Ninja is adorable! she makes me want to put on some legwarmers :D

This isn't going to be a very good review, because basically what I have to say is: YUM.

I'm not usually into foody scents, but custard is the exception, and this is WONDERFUL custard. In the bottle it smells VERY eggnog-y to me, with that really thick creaminess, maybe a little heavy feeling, and even maybe a little hint of booze. It makes me think of Christmas more than Halloween because of the eggnog-iness. On, though, it softens up a lot, till it becomes a wonderful light, warm, slightly cinnamon-y, slightly nutmeg-y softness that clings to your skin. It is SO DAMN GOOD.

The only sadness is that it doesn't seem to last very long. And in my scent locket it stays closer to that heavy thick eggnog smell, which is very nice, but not quite as lovely as the drydown. (Of course, my locket has also been holding florals for the last few days, and I didn't wash it out or anything, so custard smells a bit odd in that context - I'm going to have to go wash out my locket and try again.)

So the dilemma: do I slather this stuff as I'd love to do, or do I hoard hoard hoard because I bet I won't be able to get any more??? (And does this mean I should sell my non-existent firstborn to try to get hold of some Eggnog??)

Egg’d mailbox was the scent I was most afraid of getting, what a silly BPAL-er I am! This is a foody suited to non-foodies. It’s almost smells like someone crushed up carnations, egg flan, and vanilla oil. Or, if you celebrated the Moon Festival in Chinatown (or China!) this year, it also smells like the egg cakes, only with a bit of vanilla frosting.

I definitely smell carnations though; my mind is playing tricks on me. I didn’t mean that to be a pun, but it kind of is. Hod lovers might like this one me thinks.

Egg'd Mailbox (LE) (BPTP)-

In Bottle: Sweet, light egg custard. Not as rich and spicy as an eggnog scent would be.

Wet: Very light and subtly sweet. The merest hint of milkiness. It gets stronger as it starts to dry, in a great way!

Dry: It gets stronger. Sweeter. More deliciously custardy. It never gets spicy eggnogish, though! This is not anything to be sad about as this is fantastic in its own right. What a yummy lovely scent. The sweetness is like spun sugary candy underneath the custard.

Overall: Love it. A favorite already.

omygodomygodomygod! I got Egg'd Mailbox!

I'm squeeing with delight because it was the one I most wanted! I had, in fact, decided not to participate, but then I read the description of this and pumpkin smash again and I was thrilled, and when I went through the list, I realized I wanted them all (well, except for two).

But when I realized this might smell like custard, I swooned in anticipation. And then I got it!

So in the bottle it is love! :D Sweet and just slightly boozy eggnog. I love the creamy spice--I could just huff from the bottle all day!

On me, unfortunately, it doesn't smell quite is good. I've only had this on for an hour or so, so I'm not sure how it will turn out, but it starts to turn almost (but thankfully not quite) plastic on me. It does, however, soften considerably, and lose its eggnog/foody quality, which is too bad, because I love that.

That said, I like the dry down which becomes a soft, slightly floral spice. I think Halycon_Flight said it above: this turns a bit carnation. I love carnation, so I don't mind that, and yes, I adore Hod, so I do appreciate that scent quite a bit. This is less obvious then Hod--it is neither as spicy nor as sweet. On my right wrist it smells like just a whiff of carnation, as if a person passed carried very fragrant ones. On the left wrist it is just slightly foody--almost, but not quite cloves. On both it is very very soft, with little throw, and I suspect (but don't yet know) little lasting power.

I think people who don't like gourmand scents would still like this, because it isn't really foody, but it is also not in-your-face floral. Overall, it is nice and subtle, and not nearly as prankish as it's name.

I'm glad I got it, and I only want to swap some because I never go through a whole bottle and I want to try some others.

eta: I put on slathered a bit more on last night, and it smelled more like a very delicate eggnog (is there such a thing? :D ) or a light custard, but still with that nice spice. 12+ hours later, I can still smell if I press my nose to my wrist. so it does have lasting power--just not a ton of throw.

I LOVE this! :P

And I think I'm going to do something I can't afford and also NEVER do, which is submit to the inquisition again to try for a treat--I'm sure the treats are just as wonderful.

Edited by cuervosueno

This was the BPTP Inquisition blend that I most wanted to get even with so many people who were scared of an egg-y scent.

This is beautiful. Vanilla creme brulee custard dusted with nutmeg and the faintest touch of cinnamon.

I'm in love. You'll have to pry this one from my cold, dead hands.

straight sniff from imp is vanilla custard!

once applied this gets sweet and absolutely mouthwatering!!

sweet and spicy custard...

the throw is fantastic and i am among the masses who

*needs* a big bottle!!!

Thank goodness, I don't love Egg'd Mailbox! Yes!

On me it doesn't smell much like Egg anything...it smells like St. Yves Silk Protein shampoo. And then it dries to baby powder and plastic. Yum! I'm so glad I just have an imp.

In the bottle: Egg Nog. Beautiful, sweet, and slightly tangy/custardy. Certain love.

Wet on skin: Chaste Moon! It has that delicate, crystalline feel to it.

Dry: My nose should have been covered in white when I pulled it away from my wrist. Literally smells like I slathered my hand in Johnson and Johson's baby powder. Yuck-o.

Oh yum. :P

Creamy and slightly spicey egg custard. Maybe even approaching a creme brulee custard, minus the caramelized sugar. Not enough sweetness for that. (Egg nog is probably appropriate, but I've never been a fan, so I don't want to liken a scent I enjoy to a beverage I don't!)

Unfortunately, it's oh so faint on my skin. It's delicious though. I may try to use half the imp in a perfume spray - with any hope and luck that will make it last longer.

EGG'D MAILBOX

Wet: In the bottle I smell a creamy, thick vanilla. There's definitely an egg note in there but it's lovely, not gross. :P

Dry on Skin: This is definitely reminiscent of Egg Nog, but it has a creamier vanilla aspect to it. There almost seems to be a touch of soft and light booze, and something that smells very custard-like; that's possibly the "eggs" speaking. It took me a while to pinpoint it but I think I also smell nutmeg and tonka. Carnation is a possibility but if it is in there, it only enhances the blend and does not, in any way, make this a floral scent. I do think it might be my favorite of this year's Inquisitions scents.

Egg'd Mailbox is a creamy, vanilla egg custard with a touch of booze and nutmeg. It is gourmand and yet not a high-pitched sugary dessert. Instead it is unique, complex, grounding, and comforting. It brings to mind the welcome warmth of indoors after coming in from a cold, late night of trick-or-treating. And of course, it's imperative that a lovely dessert awaits you after your long night!

Edit: Am I imagining it or is there a teeny, tiny little soft amount of a metallic scent in there?

Edited by alicia_stardust

At first this reminded me a lot of Eggnog, but it changes dramatically as it dries.

Now it’s light, dry, perfumy, and sort of powdery. It reminds me of orris or something. Not quite violet but close. I don’t know if I can think of a similar scent. I thought initially Numb, but I checked and it’s not. There’s a light bright musk, something smooth and not too sweet. Maybe a touch of milk and something waxy. Carnation too but it’s subdued. I think that if you took out the sweetness and vanilla from Antique Lace you’d have something similar. I’m not getting anything edible out of this blend – that scent category would be the farthest thing from my mind.

After it’s been a ½ hour or so, I’m definitely getting carnation and the blend really sweetens up. It’s still not foody at all but I like this stage of the scent. It’s reminds me of Hod but with a bit of milk.

At the end, it’s kinda musky, milky, sweet….this is one crazy scent. Or maybe my nose/skin is crazy, I can't say, but it's been a hell of a ride.

I do love the bottle..

huh, well this is not the second coming of Eggnog i'm sad to say! But it's quite nice so nothing to complain about here. It's light and custard-y, but there is somethingspicy in there (someone previous to mentioned the possibility of it being orris - she might be on the right track) and something that might be floral (or at least smells like a touch of floral to my nose, like carnation sometimes smells when mixed with a foody scent). In fact, it's not overwhelmingly "foody", really curious and interesting and hard to describe.

Mmmmmmmm. Numeg! I'm getting the creamy egg-y goodness, but with a pronounced nutmeg scent. I was really afraid this would go playdoh as this sort of thing tends to do so on me. No playdoh so far. I'm betting this will get even better as it ages. I also catch a very fleeting floral note underneath. Love this! And so fitting to wear right through Christmas.

Heh. Where are y'all getting custard out of this one...? :P

In the bottle: nothing. Nada. It is an un-scent. (But then, so is Pirate Moon at first...yum!)

On me: faint floral, which slowly develops into a vaguely floral, vaguely vanilla lovely scent which, sadly, bears no resemblance to custard. I kept sniffing my wrist in confusion- what IS that?

After a few hours: sort of play-doh, still holding onto that faint teasing floral (not carnation, not rose, not violet....this is the extent of floral notes I recognize).

Eggnog did something similar on me, except with a burnt caramel playdoh note, so I guess my chemistry just doesn't amp "egg" very well!

So: beautiful, interesting scent, but not a keeper.

This one was very light on me, and mostly smelled like a very soft, powdery, milky scent. It is very faint on me. One of the lightest BPALs I have tried.

This really is a foody-spicy egg custard. :P This has pretty good throw and staying power on me, I could still smell the nutmegy sweet egg a good five hours later. It's delicious, but I'm not sure how much wear it will get if the new Egg Nog turns out to love me as much as the old one...

This smells exactly like a liqueur I drank a lot in Spain: Crema Catalana. It's sort of a creamy egg liqueur with a touch of warm spice to it. It's light and a little rich at the same time, and very pleasant to wear.

I was totally afraid of this one. I mean, what if I got this and it was boiled eggs and salt? lol. But I was pleasantly surprised to find this smells of egg custard. Warm, smooth, golden and sweet. It does get powdery and spicey too, in a really unique way. I can't describe this one, but I'm so glad I have it. It's totally different than what I was expecting. Very different and I'm so glad I have this one :P

Of all the inquisition scents, this is the only one that I just wasn't interested in. Egg in the sun? Ick. However, the lab goblins are wiser than I, and I received a fetching 'Trick' t-shirt and a bottle of Egg'd Mailbox. No worries, I thought. If I hate it, I'm sure someone on the forum will want to swap. So, I opened the bottle and gave it a little sniff.

There. Will. Be. NO. Swapping.

This is lovely! Warm, spiced vanilla, with a very good throw. I'm not normally a vanilla fan, but this has a spicy richness that I love. It's yummy and not too foody on my skin, and it's wonderful in an oil burner.

Those lab goblins are smart!

Edited by Thyrra