Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
princessbeena

Spiked Punch

Chunky fruit punch with a generous splash of booze!

WOW this one really does smell boozy!!! I took a generous whiff when I opened the bottle and woot...I think there could really be some seriously strong alcohol in there.

Once I put it on it calms down to an effervescent red sweet tart scent.....very nice....I'm not sure what kind of fruit is in this punch but it smells like maybe raspberry and cherry????

Don't let this one scare you away when you smell it in the bottle......it calms down very nicely on the skin to a wearable almost fruity pebbles type scent.....love it!!!!!

SPIKED PUNCH

Wet: In the bottle it smells exactly like boozy fruit punch. The booze packs a wallop and my nose cannot convince my brain that there isn't actually alcohol in there. There's a strong, distinctive oak-like note to the booze.

Dry on Skin: As soon as I apply this to my skin the alcohol rears up and I feel like I've just had a drink but am trying to hide it. Even though I don't know ALL my boozes, I do think this might be bourbon whiskey or cognac because it has a dry, rich aroma that reminds me of the scent of an aged wine barrel. Oak and wine and the fume of dry golden booze; it's so distinct it's almost tangible and I can practically taste it. I love it!

For those worried about the booze in here: never fear! It softens up and is less in-your-face after a few minutes. At that point the fruit punch is much more noticeable. It is red and glistening, tart, nectar-like, juicy. My first guess is pomegranate, possibly with some grape, berry, and citrus added in, but if so then they are seamlessly melded together into one blended punch scent. This really reminds me of scents like Swank and The Hamptons, but with more of a tart kick that is contrasted by the boozy oak wine barrel essence.

This gradually, beautifully, fades out ever so slowly until I am left with just a lingering hint of ruby colored punch. This is so much fun!!

Spiked Punch (LE) (BPTP)-

In Bottle: Oh, my, this smells so good my nose was touching the top of the bottle before I realized! Fruit punch but not classic fruit punch; it's heavy on the grape, and there's definitely booze in there.

Wet: Grape punch with the merest hint of alcohol. There's a floral undertone to it as well.

Dry: This is amazing. The booze note amps up with time and you start feeling self-conscious that others around you are going to smell you and think you've been on a three-day bender. It stays fruity and grape-delicious, though! Driving in the car I thought I was going to get drunk off the fumes. I love this.

Overall: I love.

In the bottle, it smells just like vinegar and fruit. And as someone who tried for a time to drink straight vinegar (it's supposed to be good for balancing electrolytes and lowering blood pressure), it's not a good smell. It's a little nauseating.

But I try everything, so I tried it, and once it hits my skin, the vinegar smell evaporates and it's lovely spiked fruit punch. It dries to a delicious, deep berry. Beautiful and seductive.

straight sniff from imp is strong punch with a boozed up kick...

once applied this is phenomenal! it is sparkling fruit punch; the boozy

note fades away and i am left with the most sophisticated fruity scent

the lab has to date...bravo beth! a winner! :P

In the bottle: Jungle Juice. College nights, at the frat, with a red Solo cup and hot drunken boys all around.

Wet on skin: Strongly fruity! It's definitely RED fruit punch.

Drydown: Blah! It smells like laundry detergent! It's not soapy. but it smells like that fake fruit/floral perfume that is added to detergent to make it smell like !Fresh!Fruit!Breezes! or !Spring!Flower!Fields! It really is a shame.

I have to add this one really fast.

This was the Inquisition oil that really scared me because I cannot stand alcohol. I don't drink, although occasionally I try for reasons of curiosity. As in, this one sounds interesting, maybe it won't taste godawful! I don't think I've ever managed more than a few sips. With few exceptions I don't like the smell of it at all.

That said, SPIKED PUNCH is actually quite good.

This is perfectly described as a scent that's both a Trick and a Treat.

TRICK: Evil booze smell in the bottle. 5 day drunk booze smell. Punch spiked by 12 year olds who throw a whole bottle in.

TREAT: It dries up instantly to a delightful sweet fruity succulent aroma with some faint florals. It's really, and surprisingly, LOVELY!

Very tricky Beth. Thanks for the treat.

I was so excited when I opened my box from the Trading Post. I was terrified I wouldn't have been sent Spiked Punch, which was the only Inquisition blend I was interested in. I squeed and bounced to find Spiked Punch in the peanuts!

In the bottle: Very strong booze with an after whiff of powdery fruit punch. Much like cheap punch at prom that someone dumped a bottle of cheap rum into. :P

Wet: Still a powdery, fruity thing, but that booze note fades into the background some.

Dry: Oh, the booze fades into just this dizzy warmth under a tart, berry punch. It's wonderful! I can't stop sniffing my wrist!

The throw is quite light, and the scent lingers on my skin for about five hours before is begins to become lost.

I'm SO glad I got this one! It's a perfect scent. Goes right alongside my Treat #1 and Ecstasy of Infatuation! I'm such a fruity gal.

Oh, one of my favorites! Strong booze and punch in the bottle but it quickly morphs into a much nicer low-hey boozy scent, much like Roadhouse. Only i guess it's Roadhouse in an orchard ;p Not terribly sweet and with some fruity subtlety.

Fruit punch -- with lots of grape and lots of berries -- and a LOT of brandy. Woo! So very not subtle, but charming withal. In a kind of a fruity drunk way, anyhow.

If I get a bottle of this to go with the decant I have, I'll have to slather it on Halloween, and grin a lot.

The name describes this perfectly – in the imp and on the skin wet it smells just like boozy fruit punch. As it wears the booze flashes off and a sweet red fruit punch remains. Delicious!

If you like wine scents, you should enjoy this one. Wet, it called to mind Lady Macbeth (one of my faves) although heavier on fruits than straight up wine. On the dry-down, the fruits take over and become a bit more sugary, reminding me of pixie sticks. A winner!

Holy crap you talk about a boozey smelling scent. In the bottle it smells of straight up alcohol. My brother and I smelled it next to a bottle of Jack Daniels and THIS actually smelled boozier, no joke. When it hits my skin, it settles down a tiny bit and it becomes fruitier. But the idea that it's spiked punch is pretty true - it smells just like spiked punch. Slightly fruity, really boozey. I feel like I should get dizzy just smelling this lol. I like this for the novelty - I will probably wear it too, but I'm just fascinated at how much this smells like spiked punch lol.

This is really, really good; and a surprise favourite of mine so far of the T&T’s!!! It’s a perfect blend of wine and fruits. It’s very boozy but doesn’t have a vapour of alcohol coming off it, like, say Mad Sweeney, but a rich sweetness and a delicious grapey, red berry fruitiness that’s not overdone at all. So yummy, and lasts too.

An EXTRA special thanks to Puddin' for hooking me up with this one!

First impressions: YUM! Fruity overload with an intoxicating splash of alcoholic beverage. This isn't boozy in the way I thought it would be, it's really a pleasant booze note, much like the one in Swank. In fact, this reminds me very much of Swank, but with more of a bouquet of luscious fruits, instead of just straight pomegranate.

The alcohol is definitely there, but it's more refreshing and complimentary than anything. Sort of the way a REALLY well poured cocktail doesn't exactly TASTE lke alcohol, but by the third one you are hammered :P Beth has masterfully incorporated this into a scent. Does the genius ever end??

I really like this a lot, I find it really refreshing in a unique way. It is also very strong when first applied, and lasts on my skin about 3 hours.

LOVED IT!! :D

This is staright up fruit punch. It reminds me a lot of Fae which I love love love, but this seems to last a lot longer. It's very sweet and light and slightly floral in the background. The floral is so faint that it's almost not there at all. Swank and the Hamptons and Pruno were all fruit punch scents that didn't quite work on me, so I'm super happy about this one. Yay!

This is my favorite Inquisition so far! It is such an incredibly fun, giggly scent to me.

In the bottle and wet, this smells like Hunch Punch! I can smell the syrupy, Kool-Aid sweetness underneath, but my nose is mostly being assaulted by the strong alcohol scent. That note (thankfully!) burns off only minutes after touching my skin, leaving behind a very fun, tart grape candy scent. It reminds me of Flinstones Vitamins, or Nerds (one of my favorite childhood candies)! This what I wanted Jailbait to be

Sadly, the scent doesn't last more than a couple of hours on my skin, but that's okay. It brings out the little girl in me -- that little girl happens to be a mischevious brat, but I never said I was an angel. :P

This had the potential to go either way on me. I have a hard time wearing boozy scents just because I hate the smell of alchohol; it's sharp and chemical and not what I want in a personal scent. Still, I love The Hamptons and Jazz Funeral, so there are exceptions. Unfortunately, Spiked Punch falls more into the not-working-for-me camp.

This is not a lightly spiked fruit punch on me, but it smells rather loaded with alcohol. I have a hard time with the sharpness of most boozy notes, and this is knock-me-over alcoholic (hello nailpolish remover). Thankfully, that sharpness does calm down after 10 minutes or so on my skin. I'm not sure what sort of fruit notes are actually in this, but it gives off the impression of a very tart, sour, juicy, red fruit punch. It smells thick and bold, not at all watered down.

Sour fruit punch with a splash of nailpolish remover. On my skin this is too much of a tart, thick sort of scent.

ETA: With some aging, this still smells just as bad on me, but now with an added soapy floral note in the drydown. Egg'd Mailbox, TP'd Trees, and now Spiked Punch all had an unexpected, soapy floral note, smelling awful on my skin. Strange.

Edited by Tania

If I didn't know better, I would drink this. It really does smell like punch. :P

On my skin I don't get much of the booze, rather it's mostly fruit. I'm not complaining though.

Spike on!

Bottle: High-end generic perfume.

Wet: High-end generic perfume with heavy alcohol.

Drydown: Bathroom cleaner/soap scent with heavy champagne.

Dry: Cheap, sour champagne.

My rating: 1/5. Booze and me don't mix at all.

Spiked Punch - Surprisingly, as much as this smells like spiked fruit punch, it also smells like a really sexy, gorgeous, quality perfume. It's really classy and gorgeous. The punch isn't ultra sweet. It doesn't smell like a Life Saver or Jolly Rancher. Rather, it's kind of a dry, yet juicy, red scent and I'm positive there's some sort of floral in there -- lily, perhaps. The booze scent smells like sweet, sparkling Prosecco. Overall, this is gorgeous. I didn't think I'd like this one, but I have a feeling that of all of the Inquisition blends, this is the one I'll wear the most. The throw is average and the wear-length is quite long. Wonderful blend!

SPIKED PUNCH

In Bottle: Super sweet boozy punch

On Skin: Ok, there is no hiding the booze in this. Whiskey would be my guess… This scent smells like pure liquor on me. Whew! I don’t want to get fired at work… they’ll think I’m drinking at my desk! The fruit is sickly sweet, think Hawaiian Punch here. I can taste it, and see it’s pure sticky deep red color. I swear I have a drink in my hand. I tend to drink really girly fruity drinks at the club, and this would be one of those. I think I’m getting drunk just smelling it. A very fun and festive scent, and it gets me in the Halloween party spirit right away. Not one I’d wear often, but if I was feeling silly I’d go for this right away. Very strong throw and long wearlength.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my nose, but instead of "booze" I get "formaldehyde." Once that note fades away it kinda reminds me of Pruno and Fae- an effervescent very sweet fruity scent that's nearly identical to Hawaiian Punch mix. But that initial note really turns me off. It's also in Mi-Go brain cannister. Not sure what it is!