Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
princessbeena

Spiked Punch

Chunky fruit punch with a generous splash of booze!

In the bottle:
Mostly booze.

Wet:
Fruit punch with booze. Go figure. :P

Dry:
I'll have to wear this sometime to see how it works on me, because from a wrist-trial, I really can't tell. It's fruity but seems to have a strange undertone that I can't place.

Spiked Punch

In the imp: fruity boozy punch, with a slightly worrying undertone of Pruno.

Wet on skin: fruity booze, wine and cleaning products.

Dry: hmm, I’m not sure about this. This smells of fruit punch with white wine, fruit juices, orange and apple and red fruits, but it also has that artificial fruit flavour scent I got with Swank and the Hamptons, and there’s a sharp, cutting scent which is a cross between a ‘perfumey’ note, apple scented washing up liquid, and bathroom cleaner. It’s sharp and fake smelling on me. There’s a ‘sour sweets’ note, an apple note that is turning to soap on me, and also a lemon note that smells just like the stuff the cleaners in my flat use to clean the microwaves! And it reminds me of Pruno.

After a while: microwave cleaner! Yeesh! This no longer smells like fruit punch, it now smells EXACTLY like microwave cleaner, that harsh, fake lemon scent that reminds me of the horrid taste I get on my baked beans whenever I warm them up in a microwave that’s just been treated with that cleaning product. I also smell hints of the exact same washing up liquid I use, I think it’s Tesco brand ‘Spring’ washing up liquid? This reminds me too much of my campus kitchen-though it smells clean, it certainly doesn’t smell like my kitchen when it’s not cleaned, ie, most of the time! It stays like that until the end, when hints of apple creep back in, and I smell a hint of juniper (gin?) as well. It smells like the Hamptons meets Pruno now.

Verdict: I’m funny with BPAL booze-some I adore (the wine scents, a few spirits), but I’m generally not very successful with the cocktails or lighter fruit booze scents. This punch smells like it’s been spiked, but not by pleasant boozy notes, but by truly toxic amounts of household cleaning products! I thought Pruno was nasty but this is Pruno x100 with added microwave cleaner and washing up liquid-it’s uncanny how much it smells like the stuff used to clean my flat’s kitchen! I really don’t like saying this about BPAL and I’m usually quite tolerant about scents that aren’t my thing, giving them a chance to develop on the skin…but this is one of those ‘get it off and get it far, far away from me now!’ scents, and it’s not often I come across scents like that!

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? No!

In the bottle: Smells like a fruity foo-foo drink! Sweet, yet tangy.

On my skin: Smells even more like, well, spiked fruit punch! Unfortunately, it went very sour on my skin in a very short time, so it's not a scent I'm going to be able to wear. Phooey!

Like the spiked Hawaiian Punch at all the parties we should have been invited to in high school. Something floral toward the end there. Yummy!

Bottle: Booze!

Wet: Boozy Hawaiian Punch! The booze is very overwhelming at first, but I get the feeling it will die down as it dries.

Drydown: I smell apple, berry and citrus! The booze has died down a bit.

3.5 outta 5

In the bottle, pure and unadulterated fruit booze. Very very strong, to the point that my mother that can't smell anything commented on it.

On my skin, it remained very very fruity although it did calm down a little. However, just too strong for my skin.

In the vial: Phew, booze! Fruity, but sting the back of your throat, sharp alcoholic punch!

On skin: Warm fruit, and not so strongly alcoholic as it was in the vial. However, it's still a little sharp and stinging, and has taken on a slightly soapy tone.

~30 mins: Surprisingly, despite the initial shock of alcohol when opening the vial, there's now very little trace of the booze remaining. There's a touch of it if sniffed closely, but now it's predominantly a mixed fruit with a rather soapy feel to it.

~1 hour: Soft, fruity soap. I prefer Spiked Punch at this stage more than the initial blast of alcohol, but with the rather soapy feel it has it's still not something I'd choose to wear as a perfume. Ah well, clearly this one was not meant to be, so off to the swaps pile it goes.

bottle: what?! this smells like sickening, gross plastic! ugh!

wet: thank god. whatever that was it's gone and this smells like sweet, boozy fruit punch.

dry: boozy fruit and boozy candy with booze. i like this a great deal.

Expectations: Hawaiian Punch and rum. At least, I hope for that.

In vial: Wow, I could smell it from 6" away while opening it. The first blast was booze, and when I got closer it reminded me of Bazooka gum.

On skin, wet: Still bubble gum with the booze, but with more cherry to it. I wonder if I could get drunk just sniffing my wrist?

On skin, dry: I don't know if I'd have been able to identify it if not for reading other reviews, but there's grape showing up as it dries. Unfortunately it's starting to smell like I inhaled a whole packet of unsweetened Kool-Aid mix.

After time: In the first 30 minutes it hasn't morphed at all. Decent throw starting out, especially since I was conservative about applying it. After an hour it's fading a little, especially the acidity. It still smells like Kool-Aid mix, but not to the extent that makes me imagine it hurting.

Conclusion: This is a fun scent. I'll definitely enjoy the imp, but I doubt I'll ever love it enough that I feel compelled to hunt down an elusive overpriced bottle.

I *finally* managed to track down more than just the 1/4 imp that I had.

YUMMY! Alcoholic Hawaiian Punch.

This actually reminds me of the boozy fruit in the sangria that my friend Meshel made all the time.

I think this is going to be an awesome summer scent, although, I have a feeling it's going to make me want to drink lots of fruity boozy drinks. :P

In the imp and wet, this is such a spiked punch scent that I nearly washed it off, afraid that someone at work would ask me what the hell I had been drinking. Howwever, when it dries down, the in-your-face bar room smell evaporates and a lovely Hawaiian Punch comes through. I like it, although I don't see myself wearing it very much.

It does smell like fruit punch -- nice and sweet with that red Hawaiian punch type of scent. I don't smell much booze in it at all, but maybe something that's just a little bit fizzy. It's softer than I was expecting, and I like it better than most scents that smell like drinks. Seems like a good springtime/summer scent.

boozy hawaiian punch! spiked punch lives up to its name and is *yummy*, but with so little throw and wearlength that it isn't worth seeking a bottle of.

In the imp, it's a sharp alcohol, though I can't tell which, over the fruit underneath.

Oddly enough, wet on my skin, this…disappears almost entirely if I put my nose close. If I wave my wrist around, I get a very faint wafting of fruitiness, but I couldn't tell you what kinds. Kind of smells like a fruity gum. Now there's a weird almost metallic note when I get close to skin. The fruit's still present from a distance but...this is weird.

As it dries, I can actually smell more of the scent now, and I'd call it more sangria than punch, but it's nice to know that my nose hasn't simply stopped working. It's not terrible, but there is a sort of false note behind the fruit that reminds me of a tupperware pitcher the sangria might have been in. It's all right, but I suspect that I won't reach for this a lot, so it can go to someone who loves it more.

In the imp, it smells of bright red fruity rum punch - so fun! And it smells exactly the same on . . . for about an hour. After which, it become a soft, alcoholic powder that really doesn't suit me. Anytime I want to smell like a lush, though, I'll know what to stick in the scent locket!

Boozy, fruit punch indeed. There is not much to more to describe.

After drydown, the booze fades and I am left with a slightly drunk fruit punch.

An hour after application it has faded into the sun. Boo.

Edited by Schmoozy

This one was a fruity boozy Hawaiian punch/Kool Aid mix. It was fizzy and sweet. Unfortunately, it has dried down to Sweet Tarts (I even get a hint of powderyness from it).

I like to eat Sweet Tarts, I'm not sure I want to smell like them...

A sniffie from the lovely filigree_shadow!

In imp: sweetened alcohol

On skin: sharp alcohol, to the point of resembling rubbing alcohol. Don't drink that, kids!

Half-hour later: the sweet pink fruits have appeared, toning down the alcohol

In conclusion: when that Inquisition round was announced, this was the one blend that appealed to me the most. Fruit and booze? Yes please! I must prefer the darker boozy-winey blends, though, because this one is a wee bit too high-pitched for me. So glad I got to try it though!

Never was a scent description more apt! In the vial this smells like I could drink it. I don't. Instead I apply it to my skin and start huffing.

I… can't make up my mind if I like this. It smells precisely like boozy fruit punch on my skin - there's very little morphing going on even after an hour plus. I just can't quite decide if I want to smell like boozy fruit punch!

I got this one as a generous frimp. :)

On me, it's all fruit and sweet wine, love it!!! It could've gone wrong with the wine, but it didn't, it's perfect. :)

This is not what I would usualy wear, but I'll keep it, for those days that I want something cheerful and fun!!!

I was afraid of this one because of the reviews and the booze. Boozy scents tend to amp too much on me... luckily for me this was not the case.

I wish I could say this is fruit punch and booze only, so it could be simple to explain, but on me, its not artificially sweet like fruit punch, and the booze just adds a bit of headiness, just an edge of something better. It is truly a lovely scent.

So happy this one is not too hard to find.

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Booze, booze, booze! Whoa. Rum? Vodka? Gin and/or vermouth (something herbal-ish)? The fruits below smell entirely booze-soaked, a little fermented, and indeed punchy.

Wet: Still booze galore, with an awesome fizzy note like sprite or 7-up - reminds me of Independent. Definitely some cherry fruit - the kind from Neo-Tokyo. Sweet lime and orange - this is pretty citrusy and overall 'bright'.

Dry: The booze starts to fade quite rapidly to a much more enjoyable level. I don't think there is rum, but definitely vodka, and I think vermouth and a red wine note, too. As in Independent, the 7-UP is going a bit soapy/powdery, but here other notes keep it in check.

Later: Clean, sparkling, slightly boozy citrus fruit with light cherry - really gorgeous and light, not too sweet at all! I absolutely love it. It totally has a Delousing Powder/Independent aspect.

Summary: After a couple hours it fades to very faint, slightly soapy-powdery (but in a good way, like the citrus powdered dishwasher detergent I so love) 7-up, vodka & vermouth blend with faint cherry. Low throw but decent longevity.

Spiked Punch

In the bottle, this was.. not good. Too syrupy, maybe. Not the bright red, How 'bout a nice Hawaiian Punch? scent I'd expected. On my skin, it's grape. Grape, grape, sticky purple grape hard candies. I thought there was supposed to be booze in this? I get none. I like it though. It's different but still sweet, and let's face it, grape is awesome and often overlooked.

Alcohol and I are not the best of mates. He gives me a headache within an hour, I go red and blotchy, then I fall asleep on him, and he's nowhere to be found the next morning.

Now speed this up to a matter of minutes, and this is Spiked Punch. Within five minutes of application, the alcohol has burned off, leaving me smelling like someone spilled their glass of fruit drink on me last night and I haven't changed clothing.

*sniffs again*

Actually, it's not as bad as I thought - in the last ten minutes it's transmuted to the kind of solid fruitiness that I look for from the usual fruity blends (and those always end up by going sour and stale on my skin after a few minutes).

In the vial, it's a sharp medicinal cherry, alcoholic in a cough-syrupy way. On, it's fruity and very tart. This definitely smells like one of those mixed drinks that's so sweet and sugary that it barely tastes like it has any booze in it at all, but that boozy edge is lurking in the background reminding you that it may taste like Kool-Aid but after a drink or 5 you'll feel it. :D

I'm not sure how much I'd actually wear this, but it's certainly bringing back interesting scent-memories of college parties and fraternity conferences! Very accurate and a fun sniffing experience.