Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Graham crackery and cream cheesy! Cinnamon brown sugary! Just a little carroty!

This is absolutely delicious! It reminds me a lot of the fruity spicy pumpkin in Pumpkin Queen, but with graham crackery goodness added in. Oh how I wish I had been able to submit to the Inquisition. :P But at least I have my decant. So far out of the 4 Trick or Treat Inqu. I have tried, this is the winner.

I am happy I was able to try a decant of this scent. It is a lovely creamy sweet pumpkin scent with just enough spice to not be too foody. I find this scent very similar to Pumpkin Queen.

Definitely more pumpkin than cheesecake here. That tangy cheesecake note isn't really there, though I do get a buttery vanilla and a carroty smell and brown sugar? Mostly pumpkin though, which tends to be a little dominating on me. It's pleasant and foody and does make me think of Autumn (and winter too actually because it makes me think of the holidays) so I'll enjoy wearing this now and then, though it isn't my fave of the Inquisition scents.

ETA: oh wait, I totally take that back. After a while cinnamon starts to come out more and more and I love this more and more. Now it's way spicier!

Edited by Brianne

In the bottle: This is a really beautiful pumpkin scent, more creamy than spicy. Fortunately, there's no hint of heavy cheesecake, which is what I was fearing.

Wet: GORGEOUS pumpkin. Not too spicy, not too buttery. It reminds me of a cross between Pumpkin Queen and Jack, my two favorite pumpkin blends.

Dry: Once it's dried down, this turn into fresh pumpkin. No sugar, no spices, and thank Bob, still no cheesecake. Just pure pumpkin. So yummy! It reminds me of opening a can of pumpkin, or cutting into a pumpkin. Every time I sniff my wrist, my mouth waters. I was kind of worried when I saw that I'd gotten this one, since the original Beaver Moon taught me that I really do not like smelling like cheesecake, and Enraged Groundhog Musk proved that cheesecake can sometimes turn to plastic on me. But this is like pumpkin heaven. Pumpkin in its pure, natural, perfect state. Naked pumpkin!

And this stuff lasts and lasts. I had delicious naked pumpkin for three or four hours. Now, more than six hours later, I've got sweet, soft marshmallow with a hint of pumpkin. Granted, there's no throw now, but still, yummy yum YUM! :P

Huh. This doesn't remind me of Pumpkin Queen or Jack or really anything I've tried from bpal before, perhaps because I amp up the cinnamon in this like mad. Pumpkin Cheesecake does remind me a bit of the Child Star's Trick R Treat scent from Starring Fragrances though, which makes sense since they both have the pumpkin pie and graham cracker crust going for them. This is less complex and more spicy on me though.

I was afraid to try this blend because I didn't like whatever rancid cream cheese/cheesecake note was in the original Beaver Moon, but I don't get a soured cream cheese note from this at all (a good thing). I seem to amp up the spice in 'Pumpkin Cheesecake' over everything else though. It really does smell like pumpkin pie loaded with brown sugar and cinnamon. In the drydown, I get a hint of dry, sweet graham cracker underneath the spicy pumpkin pie filling.

This is a great blend if you like a spicy pumpkin pie sniff and have to have a BPAL interpretation of that concept. As it is, it's too spicy for me. I amp up the cinnamon and it starts to give me a headache after a while.

Glad I got to try a decant of this. I am not getting much if any cheescake in this one. I am getting basically pumpkin queen with some spice added in. Basically cinnamon pumpkin queen on me, more straight up pumpkin pie than pumpkin cheescake. I was worried this would become too buttery on me, but as of right now it has not.

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

In Bottle: Pumpkin and icing

On Skin: This is delicious! So warm and inviting! This is a nice cozy kitchen after baking a tasty pumpkin cheesecake. I can smell the graham cracker crumbs, the brown sugar and the slightly zingy cream cheese!!! I can actually taste it and my mouth is watering. I’m not normally a pumpkin fan, but this really is quite seductive in a bakery sort of way. I love that is is just pure cakey goodness, no fruits or booziness… just simple foody love! The spices in it are soft and comforting, just like a cheesecake should be. I really love this scent and want to wear it for the whole month of October! Medium throw and average wearlength.

OMG!!! Sooooooo veerrrrrrry yummmmmmmeh!! :P I am obviously loving this one. I put just a tiny bit on one wrist, and I can't stop sniffing myself!! You should have seen the looks my DH was giving me until I made him smell too!! Yummeh to him too!! Yay!!!!

Definitely totally 100% Pumpkin Cheesecake!!!

Mmmmmmm..... Another wonderful pumpkin blend that I must beg and plead for more of!!!

In the bottle: pumpkiny cheesecaky grahahm crackers.

On skin: pumpkins and cheesecake.

Dry: Cheesecake with a slight background of pumpkin.

After an hour: Cheesecake with some spices.

This is lovely. Foodie/sweet scents usually amp horribly on my skin, but not here. (Well, it did a little, but never got to the headache/nausea stage I usually get with the food notes.) This is what I wanted Beaver Moon 05 to be on me.

It's funny, Beaver Moon 07 did not work on me, but most of the Inquisition scents are behaving on my skin.

It's a keeper!

Oh my god, this is sooooooo good! Definitely reminds me of Pumpkin Queen, another blend that I absolutely love, but it is most definitely cheesecake whereas the queen is not. A definite keeper. Yum yum yum.

Just got this in the mail today as part of the Trick or Treat Inquisition. I was nervous, because usually food smells and I do not get along. This one actually appears to like me. Yay for the Inquisition Imps!

In the bottle, it smells like ... pumpkin cheesecake. And really GOOD pumpkin cheesecake at that, just what you'd expect to smell cooking in the kitchen on a crisp Autumn day.

Wet on skin, I get a strong blast of grahm cracker. As it dries, it gets spicier, with the cinnamon notes coming strongly to the fore. This is where it begins to smell a bit like a scented candle or cinnamon broom, but thankfully it's not overpowering. The pumpkin is still there, a sweet, subtle note beneath the spice. Fully dry, it's pumpkin and cheesecake, with a hint of spice.

This is not something I would wear all the time, but as a seasonal scent, it's fantastic.

Alas, on my skin this is the sour note from Beaver Moon without the extra sugar for leavening. The pumpkin might as well be nonexistant. ::sigh:: Damn my skin chemistry.

I'm loving this one. Although I have tons of pumpkin scents already, it's different enough and yummy enough that I'm more than happy to have this one too.

In the bottle and wet, it's creamy pumpkin without being quite as buttery as Pumpkin Queen.

As it's applied the cheesecake part comes out, just a bit. Not cloying at all.

Dry, the graham cracker makes an appearance. It is long lasting but wears much lighter on me than a lot of the foody scents.

Verdict: Definitely my favorite of the treats. So thrilled the goblins bequeathed a bottle to me!

In the vial: buttery, nutty and cream-cheesy

Wet: More nuts and cream-cheese, ooo the pumpkin spice is coming out now. Niiiice! Still very nutty.

Drydown: Oh, this goes a little bit dry cinnamon as it fades like Beaver Moon and Pinched. But I like it better than either of those two. I can still smell the pumpkin and that seems to make all of the difference. It's still kind of nutty. It is now reminding me of that nut flavored cream cheese spread that I tried once, but then the cinnamon fades in and out again.

This is nice. If it were a GC I would be buying multiple bottles and singing its praises from the rooftops, but since it's so hard to get I think I can be content with my decant vial. It actually reminds me a lot of Jack with extra spice. The pumpkin is different, but the feeling is the same.

O.

M.

G.

*GUH*

Must. Not. Drink. Oil.

It's the perfect pumpkin cheesecake scent! It's amazing!

... too bad I'm not a foody.

Whoa, buttery! While I do get pumpkin at the outset, Pumpkin Cheesecake quickly becomes dominated by a sweet buttery note, reminiscent of Drink Me. There is a bit of spiciness that I like, but overall, this cheesecake is too rich for my blood.

Silly skin chemistry--I didn't know you ate pumpkin.

ETA: My second try went better than the first, with the pumpkin holding its own more.

Edited by joojifish

In the bottle:

This smells a lot like Pumpkin Queen or Jack or the other strongly pumpkin-pie-like blends, but it definitely has something anchoring it that those others don't.

Wet:

Pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust. So far, I'm not really smelling any cheesecake, but I'm not surprised because my skin generally amps pumpkin and eats up anything even remotely creamlike.

Dry:

This dries smelling mostly like graham crackers on me, with some pumpkin mixed in. I love it!

on first whiff of the bottle i noticed the strong pumpkin note permeating the new p.patch scents this year. pumpkin cheesecake doesn't seem to have much on the cheesecake front (whimper) but it is a nice spiced scent.

it reminds me very much of fyrinnae pumpkin pie.

On me this is all nutmeggy-cinnamony-sugar at first. It's got quite good throw. I can smell something graham-crackery and cheesecakey in tone, but the PUMPKIN! isn't jumping out and mauling me like it usually does. Very strange. I don't need any more, but I'll keep my quarter-of-an-imp.

The waft is much nicer than what I can smell when I huff my wrist. The waft is warm and sweetly spicy and grahamy; the at-wrist bit smells like plastic-sweet cinnamon hearts over pumpkin pie. Go figure.

Pumpkin Cheesecake – Oh wow! This is sooo yummy! It starts off as a creamy pumpkin scent that quickly gains a hint of graham cracker, followed by the slightly sour scent of cheesecake. It’s kind of spicy, but not in the red-hots kind of way – more like a warm, homey kind of spice. I didn’t think I’d like this scent, but I really, really do. It’s just too bad it doesn’t last longer on me! It doesn’t get plasticy on my skin like most sweet scents do, but it does fade somewhat quickly. Otherwise, truly phenomenal. I would love for my whole house to smell like this, especially during the holidays.

I've obsessed about Pumpkin Cheesecake enough that it's time I finally reviewed it.

It's totally delicious. It's a little more pumpkin, a little less cheesecake than what I expected, but it's outrageous.

I'll cherish the precious drops that were given to me. It's absolutely divine!!!

Can't think of anything else to say, I love it I love it I love it.

I compared them side by side, beaver moon '05 and pumpkin cheesecake.

OMG, I think the pumpkin cheesecake won. They're both very similar, but the cheesecake has even more depth and spice. It doesn't last as long as beaver moon, however. They're begging to be layered....

Pumpkin Cheesecake

In the imp: sweet spicy pumpkin with aspects of butter, spices, vanilla, maybe some citrus too?

Wet on skin: now I smell a hint of the cheese? It’s a lot cheesier (that’s cream cheese, not stinky cheese) than Beaver Moon 05 though.

Dry: pumpkin and sweet fromage frais. This does have an element of the original Beaver Moon to it, the spicy crust and filling, but this one has a little more of a creamy scent to it. It initially smells disturbingly like real cream cheese though, a bit like pumpkin pie topped with Philly cheese or mascarpone. There’s a hint of the delicious spicy-exotic pumpkin of Pumpkin Queen to it (could there be cardamom here?) as well as cinnamon and ginger, but this scent is much more heavy on the pumpkin than even the Queen was. There’s a strong vanilla note to it as well.

After a while: as expected, this becomes original Beaver Moon with pumpkin. The strong, sweet, warm, cinnamon-laced vanilla I remember from the Beaver is now strong, the heavy pumpkin scent still hangs around as well, and it still has that slight creamy smell but it’s not as cheesy. The scent is smoother now. The odd thing about this pumpkin, which I don’t really get in other scents, is that it has an almost sweet potato like scent to it at times. I’m not sure if I’m keen on that. But then the scent goes into spicy vanilla again and it’s lovely. It’s almost like the Perilous Parlour’s vanilla with an extra shot of cinnamon, and with pumpkin instead of pear. And then I read that there’s carrot in here, which explains the oddly vegetable sweetness I get from here that isn’t pumpkin!

The drydown is a warm, spicy, toasted vanilla scent, a scent of cake, but not very much pumpkin. It’s very cosy, and very much like Beaver Moon.

Verdict: I can see why this is so loved! It’s a gorgeous gourmand scent, the epitome of foody pumpkin. I get the spicy cinnamon and warm vanilla crust from the original Beaver Moon here, but here I also get creamy pumpkin, and a lot more cream cheese. I’m not so sure about the cheesiness I get here (it smells too much like mild cream cheese on me-not a cheesy cheese scent but a rich, slightly tangy, very creamy-dairy scent…I’m not keen on cream cheese) or the slightly vegetable-like scent the pumpkin sometimes gets, thanks to the carrot note. But I do love the spicy vanilla base the scent has. It’s a nice scent-indulgent and comforting and quite delicious. It’s not my favourite pumpkin scent though. I may keep my decant of this, but thankfully for my bank account’s sake, I don’t feel the need to search for more of this.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Maybe. I do prefer Beaver Moon 05, Pumpkin Queen and Pumpkin V though.

Pumpkin Cheesecake is a foody scent lover's wet dream! It's creamy, sweet and luscious and (at least on me) the scent stays very wearable but morphs quite a bit from application to drydown. At first it is sweet and spicy like straight up pumpkin pie. Then the spicyness fades back and a fairly strong vanilla note and brown sugar steps forward. I think this is my favorite stage. (Why do I feel like Violet Beauregard writing this review? "Tomato soup, coming up! :P) Thankfully, Pumpkin Cheesecake didn't go sour on me like Beaver Moon '05 did. This is lovely and I wish I had a whole bottle rather than just a decant! Ah, well. I will cherish my decant!

HELLO, pumpkin! HELLO, sugar! Creamy, candied sweetness and a pinch of cinnamon. The graham crackery goodness sets in a few minutes later and yes, it really does smell like smashed and buttered graham crackers. Yum.

I think, though, that it smells more like pumpkin rolls than pumpkin cheesecake; I know that's a thin line of distinction, but this scent is very strong on the spicy pumpkin and low on the cheesy goodness, at least to me.

Drydown remains true to the overall scent - it gets a little less rich and buttery, but remains spicy and pumpkiny.

While it is truly wonderful and delicious, I think I actually prefer Jack! The peach gives that an interesting edge that this lacks.