Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tarotbydiana

Midnight on the Midway Claw Polish

Metallic Pearl
Rich midnight plum pearl flecked with a silver metallic sheen.

Midnight on the Midway was my virgin experience with BPTP polish. In the bottle, the silver swirls against the plum like stars across the galaxy's night canvas.

Once applied to the nail, the color and the shimmer unify. Two coats are essential to make the plum as bright as it appears in the bottle. I am pleased at how much shine this polish had even before I added a protective topcoat. I am also amazed how BPTP can create a fashion color that is classic and elegant. It makes me think of shades Chanel would bring out for holiday wear.

It's not often that I receive compliments on my nail color while out in public. I admit I couldn't stop staring at my own fingernails. I feel like the Midnight on the Midway polish is an accessory that helps define me. It's like a special sweater or a necklace I always feel completely at home within myself when I have it on.

This is the prettiest shiny, glossy purple! Two coats are indeed needed, and it did chip pretty quickly on me (unlike the other BPAL polishes, so far). But it's such a gorgeous shade.

Ohmigod I love this color! It's both gothy and trendy. I just wish it didn't chip so quickly. The other polishes stay on well, so I guess the pigment changes the chemistry. I'd really like to see a reformulation- same color, sturdier polish.

Mmm. This is a lovely plum color - think like deep velvety dusky plum. Like the color you want your plums to be when you pick them at the market. I like the silver sheen it has. I have to admit a partiality to nude/sheer like colors (or I go completely brown/black, both the extremes of the spectrum) like Maiden and Hell's Belle, but this entices me to wear more violet/plum colors.

I find the silver sheen on it to be more discreet on the plum color, as opposed to the gold/pink combination of Hell's Belle. On the other hand, the plum color itself is pretty wow. I find this a perfect shade for fall, and winter. Very elegant.

The husband even said, "That's a pretty color." High praise, since he normally doesn't comment at all about such things.

I could have SWORN I reviewed this! I bought a bottle of Midnight on the Midway polish when it first came out. I thought it was pretty durable, chip-wise, but I use a good top coat on top of the polish. Top coat is often the key.

The color is fantastic! I have gotten so many compliments on the color--even a cashier at the local grocery store who spied my nails while I was scanning my credit card while checking out. I also brought it with me one time when I got a mani/pedi and the woman next to me asked me what color it was because she wanted it, too. (But I was selfish and didn't let her use it) I will definitely buy another bottle when this one runs out!

This was the first claw polish that I tried, and I'm addicted (what's new?).

I love the shimmery plum color of this, with an occasional silvery shine that just makes it more fun. I painted my toes 3 1/2 weeks ago and just now is when I see that it needs removing.

I definitely have to give other polishes a shot.

This is the first claw polish I've tried--picked it up at the last ECWC as a bit of an impulse buy.

Impulse or not, I don't regret it. My toenails are a lovely shade of shimmering plummy purple.

The only problem is that it looks a LOT like another color I have at home (which I totally forgot about when picking my polish at shelldoo's). Since I don't go through polish very quickly, having two very similar purples means that one will just get old and goopy before I'm through. I think I'll look for someone to adopt this one while its still fresh.

Midnight on the Midway Claw Polish - This is a really pretty shimmery plum. The color is deep and intense, and catches the light beautifully. It doesn't seem as thick as the other claw polishes I've tried, and not only did I get tip wear within the first few hours of applying it, but by the next day, I had chips -- not just at the tip, but smack dab in the middle of the nail -- and that was with a good base coat, two layers of polish, and a good top coat. I don't think I've ever had a nail polish chip in areas other than the edges. It's very odd. I'll keep wearing it because the color is stunning, but I have to be prepared for touchups and possibly removing the polish and entirely repainting. I do wish this particular polish was a little stronger.

I've tried to wear this polish several times now and I'm never happy with the results :(. It's like a frosty, muted pinky-purple, which I guess isn't exactly my thing. But what really bothers me is the way the formula seems to settle in this streaky/ridged sort of way on my nails, which I've never had a polish do before. It never quite looks smooth on me, even with a good top coat.

All in all, this one is too frosty and streaky for me... I usually wear red and gray/taupe shades (and the occasional sparkly purple, brown, or green), and this color just seems very blah to me (pretty in the bottle, though).

MidnightMidway001.jpg

With flash.

MidnightMidway006.jpg

Without flash.

I applied Midnight on the Midway on Friday evening. It is now Saturday evening, and it has already chipped. However, I did not use a top coat.

The color is beautiful (a shimmery plum), but, like the above viewer said, it is streaky/ridged on the nails. I applied two coats to get the color that is seen in the bottle.

tumblr_mktas13Zrc1qerry3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mktas13Zrc1qerry3o2_500.jpg

This is the first BPTP claw polish that I've tried (I also have Blood Countess and Lady Macbeth). I hope that those polishes are stronger. I do think this is a lovely, shimmery plum, though!