Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
alicia_stardust

Mme. Moriarty Claw Polish

Gloss.
The wet crimson red of arterial spray.

Even though I tested out a handful (ha ha!) of the claw polishes at Bat's Day and also bought a few colors there, Mme. Moriarty claw polish is the first one I did a thorough test on.

The bottle is gorgeous and the color of Mme. Moriarty is exactly as the description states: crimson red. On my screen, at least, the color swatch on the site appears to be a tiny bit brighter than it is in reality.

To my eyes Mme. Moriarty is a true vibrant red that does not seem to slide off into the yellow-hued reds that I tend to dislike. This seems to be a true crimson which is a deep, rich red with a touch of blue-hue behind it. It's incredibly sexy and attention-grabbing, which is precisely one of the reasons I like reds so much.

The polish itself is incredibly smooth and silky. It goes on in a thin, sleek coat and dries incredibly fast. I also think it might stink less than your average polish. Why? Because when Axiom walked into the room he did not do his usual melodramatic "this room stinks, open the window before I die" routine. He didn't notice that I had even been painting my nails.

I put Mme. Moriarty to the ultimate test the other day. I had applied two coats of the polish plus a clear top coat to freshly-pedicured feet. And then later I stupidly grabbed my footless ballet tights on my way to the dance studio. Bare feet inside ballet shoes for a 2 hour class is just begging for chipped polish. I was dead certain I'd have to go home and re-do them, but I was so wrong! They are in perfect condition, just as they were when I first applied the polish. It's now a few days and another dance class later and they still look perfect!

i love true reds, and mme. moriarty is just that. a true, deep, classic blue-red. it goes on smooth, while not being so thin that it doesnt fully color the nail, but not being so thick that it clumps. it dries quickly, and it is the PERFECT consistency. i am very excited to try some other colors now :P

I don't have a whole lot to add to the previous reviews except to confirm what a gorgeous red this is. No hint of the orangey quality you sometimes find in reds but a lovely dark red with a hint of blue and the texture is smooth and silky and so far no chips for me (of course this is only one day but in my line of work getting through a day without chips is a small miracle).

~Kim

I'm in love. The color is a perfect red and the consistency is perfect. With a dark color like this, as short as my nails are, I always make a mess, but not this time. I swear my nails almost painted themselves!

What really amazes me is the wear. Since I applied a MAC base coat and 2 fairly thin coats on Mme Moriarty, I've cooked, washed my hands countless times, baked and decorated cupcakes, and had a full day at work - with my gloves missing. I work in shipping and receiving. I manhandle boxes aaaaaaaall day. I had given up on any polish as an expression of girliness because nothing lasted chip free for literally more than 2 hours. There are no chips. :D No wear spots. No thin spots. Just a few small line indentions marring the super glossy finish, but that's it. I am in utter awe.

:) :D I can be girly again!!! :P

Now that I'm in esthetician school, I can't wear nail polish on my fingers. I got Mme. Moriarty when it first came out, but hadn't had a chance to use it.

Well, last night I painted my toenails with it, and boy, am I impressed!

It didn't stink...in fact thinking about it today, I don't really remember much of a smell at all.

I used no base coat, and no top coat, only one thin layer of Mme. Moriarty, and it covered nicely, with no streaks, and it dried really fast. I'm moving, and started packing, and then thought, "Oh, no, my toes!". I was sure they would be smeared, but they were perfect.

Love it!

My new perfect red nail polish hoorah! I love this. I use two coats and get the most perfect true, dark (but not tooo dark if that makes sense :P ) red which looks really glamourous. Perfect when teamed with a gorgeous matte red lipstick. This needed two coats but the consistancy was lovely and not too thick at all and the colour isn't streaky at all. I absolutely never want to run out of this <3

This is a perfect red. I have a yellowish undertone to my skin, and most "red" nailpolishes and lipsticks look orange on me. Mme Moriarty is a perfect RED. Colorwise, it is FANTASTIC!

I have had some trouble with it chipping in the first 24 hours of wear, despite the use of base and topcoat. I even switched to a highly recommended base and topcoat and it still chipped. Oddly enough, the darker the nailpolish in regards to the BPAL plolishes, the less chipping on me.

So, this was chippy. But honestly, it's such a fantastic color that I will just make a note to be sure to put it on about an hour before an "event" and just not worry about it! I just know I can't use it for daily wear.

N.

This was a gift from my fabulous SW.

I have a weakness for red nail polish, so Mme. Moriarty is a good choice for me.

In the bottle, it's rather pink. It looks a little too light to be described as crimson.

After two coats, and drying time, it darkens into a rich, deep crimson. It's shiny and dark and a very true shade. It doesn't tend to either blue or purple. It stays red.

The polish goes on smooth, and it doesn't clump on the brush. As I just put it on, I can't comment as to potential chipping or staying power.

Mme Moriarty was the first polish I tried when I got my order recently. I applied a base coat, 3 coats of Mme Moriarty, and then a top coat. For the first coat I had a hard time applying this as thin as really is required with the Claw Polishes and it was rather streaky. After the third coat, however, I was left with a deep, dark almost cool red. I was sort of surprised since it's so bright on the site, but once I went outside it was this vibrant almost enamel-like glowing red color. I would definitely liken the color to blood, and there's a richness to it that really gives the color a nice depth.

I tend to get quite a bit of polish on the skin around my nails when I paint them. I was so incredibly impressed though that within 6-8 hours after applying the polish that had gotten on my skin was just flaking right off by itself, though it was staying wonderfully on my nails. The next morning I had nails that looked like I went to the salon the day before.

The polish lasted about 4 days before I got a sizable enough chip and flaking on the edges to annoy me into taking it off and trying out another claw polish. I did a few touch ups in the 4 days, though it was only one tiny chip and some of the polish wearing away on the top edge and corners of my nails. For such a vibrant color, I was very happy with the staying power.

And if you are like me and love to peel off your polish, this comes off quite nicely that way!

Edited by Delirium1009

Mme. Moriarty Claw Polish - This is a stunning shade of red. It's a very classic red and makes me think of silver screen divas for some reason. The first time I wore it, I had time to put on one coat only, and then never had a chance to apply another one that day. One coat didn't look great, but only if you looked up close. The second day, though, it had already chipped and had significant tip wear. This is pretty normal for me, but it was worse than normal, probably because it was only one coat. After applying a second coat, the glossiness of the color really stands out. Both in the sunshine and in the shade, I can see my own detailed reflection in the polish -- double chins and all! :lol: Two coats is almost enough, but I think next time I wear it, I'll apply a third coat for full coverage. With two coats, there are a few spots (particularly visible in the sunshine) that seem "thin" -- they just don't seem to have the same depth and richness of color. Overall, this is a really beautiful blue-based red that is very sexy and classic.