Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

(Wow, that actually worked pretty well, sometimes I amaze myself)

Rich text is a godsend. If it's html, I'm still a gumby.

That's a gorgeous label - all the July lunacies have been lovely. Can't wait for my Thunder Moon bottle to arrive!

stop tempting me! there all so pretty, i want more, but i cant afford any at the moment :P

what are the imp lables like? are they just 'striped down' versions of the bottle lables?

Nope, the imp labels have the Black Phoenix trademark on one side and simple text on the other. They are very simple. I think if you check out some ebay auctions for BPAL imps the pictures there are pretty good. Older imps (from the lab's first year or so) have label tags that are tied on with pretty silk but current ones use sticky labels that wrap around the imp then stick out the side, like an "ear".

what are the imp labels like? are they just 'striped down' versions of the bottle labels?

I think I read somewhere that the Salon imps that the Lab sells in Exhibit packs have miniature versions of the art that's printed on the bottle.

what are the imp labels like? are they just 'striped down' versions of the bottle labels?

I think I read somewhere that the Salon imps that the Lab sells in Exhibit packs have miniature versions of the art that's printed on the bottle.

That they do :P

[...]

thanks...i didn't know only the le ones had pictoral labels--newbie-ness;)[...]

Willowtreeling, some of the General Catalog blends do have pictorial or otherwise non-standard labels.

Jolly Roger has a Jolly Roger (i.e. a skull above and crossed swords on a black field) with no words on the label; the Panacea blends have a red, white and black triple dagger and heart label, the Come and See blends have pictures: the Great Sword of War has a picture of a mushroom cloud explosion against an orange sunset with tiny words in the background; the Picnic in Arkham range have labels similar to the LE Springtime in Arkham range; the Rappaccini's Garden scents have a green, yellow and white label with a twining plants along the border; the Chakra blends have something like mandalas on them; the Tarot oils had images of the Rider-Waite tarot cards on their labels, and some recent bottles of Snake Oil have a Carnaval Noir-style label. And of course, the Salon blends have pictorial labels depicting the artworks that inspired them.

I'm sure there are other GC blends I've not mentioned, but these are the ones I can think of.

You know, I never noticed the tiny writing on the Great Sword of War until just now when I looked at it closely. It says things like like "broken arrow" and "minimum safe distance" (plus a few others I can't make out.) How cool is that?

Edited for mistake in Jolly Roger description

Edited by sophie-au

:prod:

Silly question - whassa gumby? I have an Aussie boss, and I overheard him use the expression once, but was too new at the time to ask and haven't had the opportunity since...

I read in the War review that there is a picture of a woman on the label??

I bet Macha is working her butt off ... all the new lab artwork, BPTP soaps and now her own soap company.

I for one sure appreciate all her hard work but I'm sure she needs a much deserved vacation.

Now, is there anyone out there that's wants to share her lovely new artwork with us??

If anyone wants, I'll take pictures of all the newest LE's (Red Moon, Allison Gross, Gibbous Moon, Sportive Sun, and Leo) tonight and post them. (Camera's at home or I'd do it now!)

If anyone wants, I'll take pictures of all the newest LE's (Red Moon, Allison Gross, Gibbous Moon, Sportive Sun, and Leo) tonight and post them. (Camera's at home or I'd do it now!)

oooh oooh, yes please. Thank you.

I accidentally left Allison Gross at work, so no picture of her, but here are the rest of them! (Also in the community gallery.)

gallery_3163_2_39048.jpg

gallery_3163_2_63267.jpg

I read in the War review that there is a picture of a woman on the label??

I bet Macha is working her butt off ... all the new lab artwork, BPTP soaps and now her own soap company.

I for one sure appreciate all her hard work but I'm sure she needs a much deserved vacation.

Now, is there anyone out there that's wants to share her lovely new artwork with us??

Ahem...as a matter of fact, I didn't do the art for these. Too busy. Beth found some other very talented artists to pick up the slack, and I look forward to seeing the labels myself!!

I'm sure there are other GC blends I've not mentioned, but these are the ones I can think of.

The Muses have different labels, too - I'm away from my bottle of Clio so I can't quite remember what it DOES look like, but the labels are colored, the lettering is different, and I'd imagine there are images relating to the muse's sphere of influence (I think Clio has papers/books - muse of history). They're very pretty. :P

[...]

thanks...i didn't know only the le ones had pictoral labels--newbie-ness;)[...]

Willowtreeling, some of the General Catalog blends do have pictorial or otherwise non-standard labels.

<snip>

<snip>

The Neil Gaiman blends have their own labels. My bottle of Mr. Ibis has a picture of an open journal against a black background with a nib pen(?) and a bottle of ink resting on top of it, with the lettering down at the bottom.

I think the Ars Draconis are different too. I know my bottle of Dragon's Milk has a black label with purple-ish lettering, and a red dragon with a little golden disk/ball with the lab's symbol in its claw. Very cool!

Originally we were talking about imp labels. I was under the (mistaken) impression that imps labels were all the same.

:prod:

Silly question - whassa gumby? I have an Aussie boss, and I overheard him use the expression once, but was too new at the time to ask and haven't had the opportunity since...

Oop - I'm using colloquialisms again. :P

A gumby is a sort of all-purpose term used for describing someone as clumsy or dense.

EDIT: And on topic - I freakin' love the new lunacy labels!

Edited by funkmoppet

Originally we were talking about imp labels. I was under the (mistaken) impression that imps labels were all the same.

Hehe, I think we may have just been replying to two separate questions. Sophi-au, Anna D., and I were replying to Willowtreeling's q from back in May about GC bottle labels, and I think you, Silvertree, and Lunaratu were replying to Dragonofinfinity's more recent q about imp labels.

If anyone wants to see the Good Omens & Stardust labels, I'll be glad to post pictures later. I would do it now, but my husband took my digital camera to work today.

I would love to see them!! :P

If anyone wants to see the Good Omens & Stardust labels, I'll be glad to post pictures later. I would do it now, but my husband took my digital camera to work today.

Wow, I love Julie Dillon's work. It's luminous. I hope we get to see more of her work in conjunction with BPAL.

Are the images listed under the Good Omens category the ones that were used for the bottle art?

Edited by maewitch