Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Does anyone have pics of Blue Moon '07 and Tamamo-no-mae? I'm still waiting for a CnS, so it will take some time before I can smell them, but maybe I could see the labels sooner? :P (I'm so curious!)

Does anyone have pics of Blue Moon '07 and Tamamo-no-mae? I'm still waiting for a CnS, so it will take some time before I can smell them, but maybe I could see the labels sooner? :P (I'm so curious!)

Me too! I would also love to see Rose Moon :D

Me too! I would also love to see Rose Moon :D

Since we're asking, how about Gemini? :D

I'm sort of hesitant to post about this at all since the matter is being resolved and all, but I'd like to say for what it's worth that while I love the current Snake Pit labels, I wouldn't care at all if the snake images were removed. I'd rather that happen than the Lab have to pay to license more images to get species-correct ones (if the current ones are indeed incorrect).

And snakegetters, while I admire your work with snakes and welcome you to the forum, I have to say if I'm being honest that your initial post about this on LJ made me kinda angry and uncomfortable - simple because of how you chose to handle it. As a friend of Beth and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, I really still don't understand why you made the decision to handle the matter as you did. Since it was obviously pretty clear that it *was* your picture of your snake that was used (and he is beautiful, btw) it should have been a simple enough matter to send a letter to the Lab's mailing address listed on their website and handle the matter through professional/legal channels instead of stirring the pot and casting aspersions on a public forum. *shrug* Just my two cents worth and I'm only saying so because I got to this whole topic pretty late in the debate.

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

I'm usually loathed to post pics of labels as my camera and my skills are rudimentary, but Tamamo no mae...... :D

524661552_d86f9caaf5_o.jpg

Thank you stonechiper! :D

The label of Tamamo-no-mae is absolutely wonderful. :P It's even more beautiful than I expected. It's maybe my favourite label so far.

I still haven't got my bottle of Tamamo-no-mae, but I think I have to keep it because of the label art even if I don't like the scent. (Although after reading the reviews I think I'll love the oil itself too.)

Thank you stonechiper! :D

The label of Tamamo-no-mae is absolutely wonderful. :P It's even more beautiful than I expected. It's maybe my favourite label so far.

I still haven't got my bottle of Tamamo-no-mae, but I think I have to keep it because of the label art even if I don't like the scent. (Although after reading the reviews I think I'll love the oil itself too.)

Ditto, my sinuses are acting up today so I haven't been able to reall smell this yet but the bottle is gorgeous! I wish the trading post would do a shirt!

Does anyone happen to have any pics of Sugar Skull 04, 05, and 06? I have a bottle of it sans year, and I'm puzzling over whether it is indeed an 05 bottle. :P

I don't havea pic handy but am pretty sure that th 05 sugar skull is the one with a pic of a brown haired girl who has her arm raised.

Tramp is right. If you'd like a visual reference, Sugar Skull 2005 features the Anima Sola on the label; 2006 has a light gray label featuring a tiny witch cartoon (all the 2006 Halloween LEs had similar labels).

Does anyone happen to have any pics of Sugar Skull 04, 05, and 06? I have a bottle of it sans year, and I'm puzzling over whether it is indeed an 05 bottle. :P

I don't havea pic handy but am pretty sure that th 05 sugar skull is the one with a pic of a brown haired girl who has her arm raised.

Tramp is right. If you'd like a visual reference, Sugar Skull 2005 features the Anima Sola on the label; 2006 has a light gray label featuring a tiny witch cartoon (all the 2006 Halloween LEs had similar labels).

Thanks! :D I wasn't sure --I've been spoiled by many of the older LEs having years printed on the label, it never occurred to me that they wouldn't be marked after the first incarnation.

I'm sort of hesitant to post about this at all since the matter is being resolved and all, but I'd like to say for what it's worth that while I love the current Snake Pit labels, I wouldn't care at all if the snake images were removed. I'd rather that happen than the Lab have to pay to license more images to get species-correct ones (if the current ones are indeed incorrect).

And snakegetters, while I admire your work with snakes and welcome you to the forum, I have to say if I'm being honest that your initial post about this on LJ made me kinda angry and uncomfortable - simple because of how you chose to handle it. As a friend of Beth and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, I really still don't understand why you made the decision to handle the matter as you did. Since it was obviously pretty clear that it *was* your picture of your snake that was used (and he is beautiful, btw) it should have been a simple enough matter to send a letter to the Lab's mailing address listed on their website and handle the matter through professional/legal channels instead of stirring the pot and casting aspersions on a public forum. *shrug* Just my two cents worth and I'm only saying so because I got to this whole topic pretty late in the debate.

I agree. I do not think that the snake image is being "used to sell perfume". Many of those who purchased the purfume did so with no knowledge or care as to what the label would look like. I think it would be absolutely fine to forgo the snake images (and headaches). It's what's inside that counts.

I agree. I do not think that the snake image is being "used to sell perfume". Many of those who purchased the purfume did so with no knowledge or care as to what the label would look like. I think it would be absolutely fine to forgo the snake images (and headaches). It's what's inside that counts.

I think it's past time to stop harping on snakegetters. She saw her work being stolen (and yes, it was stolen), got upset (understandably), and made a mistake (just as the lab did). She has since apologized for her public airing and has cleared matters up with the lab themselves. The lab made a mistake, snakegetters made a mistake, they both fessed up, apologized, and life moves on. Continuing with negative statements against either one is pointless.

I think it's past time to stop harping on snakegetters. She saw her work being stolen (and yes, it was stolen), got upset (understandably), and made a mistake (just as the lab did). She has since apologized for her public airing and has cleared matters up with the lab themselves. The lab made a mistake, snakegetters made a mistake, they both fessed up, apologized, and life moves on. Continuing with negative statements against either one is pointless.

Okay - the Lab did NOT make a mistake, except in the way that they paid and trusted someone who wasn't trustworthy. They paid to license images from a third party. The third party obviously had no rights to the images. This is currently in the process of being worked out (which I obviously made reference to in my post) as I understand it, but I am completely entitled to express my opinion, which is that I really still do not understand why the issues was addressed the manner that it was in the first place. My primary point is that I really do not feel personally that the Snake Pit bottles NEED the snakes on the labels, and if it's going to cost BPAL to license more images, I'm one customer who's saying she doesn't feel it's neccessary. The Snake Pit bottles are lovely enough as it is, courtesy of the fabulous lettering.. They match the Snake Oil and Carnaval Noir labels without the snake images.

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

I think that, as we are completely uninvolved in this situation, we should all stop talking about it, frankly. Regardless of what any of us think, it's not really our business any more (as much as it ever was) and our arguing about what may or may not have happened is really pointless. Not to mention, off topic in this thread at this point. :D

To get back ON topic, having recently seen the artwork for Tamamo-no-mae, I am definitely going to have to hunt down a bottle. Luckily I love the oil inside the lovely bottle, too. :P

I got my bottle yesterday & the label art is so beautiful, it totally matches the feeling I get from the scent. I love my Tamamo-no-Mae. :P

I just uploaded images of Blue Moon, Rose Moon and Gemini in the Community Gallery. They're not the greatest - I'm still learning how to use a digital camera. They'll give you an idea, however.

I just uploaded images of Blue Moon, Rose Moon and Gemini in the Community Gallery. They're not the greatest - I'm still learning how to use a digital camera. They'll give you an idea, however.

Thank you Taniwah! (For those of you who are lazy - Blue Moon, Gemini (which really took my by surprise by being green, for some reason) and Rose Moon (my favourite of the lot - it's so beautiful!))

Gosh, Rose Moon is so lovely! I'll be after a bottle for my cabinet - an EMPTY one though :P Roses and I do NOT get on.

Thank you Taniwha for the pics! They all look so pretty. :P

Hopefully I'll get my own Blue Moon bottle soon, it's still on the way to Finland...

anyone have any pictures of the newest lunacies? I have them on order but I'd really love to see the label art and gush even more so over them :P

Does anyone have pics of Thunder and Selkie? I see a few reviews but so far I haven't seen any pictures. I didn't buy anything from the last two updates so I am curious to see labels.