Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

The bottle art has gotten so snazzy lately. I get just as excited wondering about what the labels might look like as I do wondering about what the oil will smell like on me. :P

The bottle art has gotten so snazzy lately. I get just as excited wondering about what the labels might look like as I do wondering about what the oil will smell like on me. :D

Oooh me too!! :P

Thanks TheIceMaiden for posting that pic. How cute!

Yes, they do... check this out!

That's number one, but if you look on the bottom you'll see the other four bottles as well.

Hope that helps!

(You might also want to check out this thread out, which has a good discussion of all the labels and such.) :P

I'm curious :D Someone please show us :D of Bad Luck Woman Blues and Lady Luck Blues!

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://pics.livejournal.com/hadaverde/pic/00190b3e.jpg

And, holy crap! Until I took that picture, I totally missed the fact that the image on those labels is Preservation Hall in New Orleans:

http://pics.livejournal.com/hadaverde/pic/001922qt.jpg

:P

Just out of idle curiosity...

...the labels on the Snake Pit are PAINTINGS Macha has done, rather than actual photos themselves? They are so pretty, yet surprisingly realistic.

Edited by SueDonym

...the labels on the Snake Pit are PAINTINGS Macha has done, rather than actual photos themselves? They are so pretty, yet surprisingly realistic.

I was actually wondering the same thing. Except more to the point: what the labels actually look like. :P Anybody have photos of the Snake Pit?

Interestingly enough there is a discussion about this topic on LJ which might answer your question.

They're photos. We're looking into the issue, since we thought it was a photo we had permission to use.

The owner of the snake sounds as if they are willing to work something out and I hope that is the case. I think that they may have been surprised more than anything. Holding good thoughts for all involved :P

They're photos. We're looking into the issue, since we thought it was a photo we had permission to use.

Oh, I'm so glad to hear this. I read the thread about the King Cobra on LJ just a little while ago, and even posted a comment about it. Thanks for posting, Macha...

In something of a rush, as I need to get downstairs to vending. Sorry if this is a little hurried. When Macha made the labels, the information she gleaned about the image used was that it was a public domain photo. We are now finding out that the information she was given about the photo that was used could have been erroneous, and we are working to rectify the situation. As most of you know, we are extremely diligent about all copyright and trademark issues, but it looks like we, and our art department, were snookered by false information. =/

The owner of Sunkist, who we believe may be the actual snake in the photo, has not contacted anyone at the Lab at all, and we are having some trouble at the moment making contact with this person, as the bulk of us are in Portland, and we have a limited opportunity to chase someone down that is presenting this issue through public posts scattered to the four winds, instead of emailing us. Or at least sending one of us a PM.

Since this problem came to light, Macha is redoing all the labels for the series. If we were presented with false information with regards to one snake, there is a chance that there are more that may be compromised.

Check out my run-on sentences!

Gotta go. I'm really, really late.

has not contacted anyone at the Lab at all,

That's odd, because they keep saying (in a reply to me I remember specifically) that they have contacted you all by this point. I wonder how they did it that you all aren't getting it? Weird.

EDIT: What they said to me in a reply on LJ:

I'm contactable through my website, http://www.snakegetters.com, or via my LJ, and I've already contacted BPAL directly in hopes of a resolution.
Edited by Analise

I've seen that, and at this time, we have still received nothing. Not on my email, not on our customer service email, nowhere. We aren't experiencing any server issues at this time, so I honestly don't think there's any lost communication. We found, after some sleuthing, an email at which to contact her. We wouldn't know about this issue at all if I hadn't been pm'd by other (uninvolved) members on the board about this.

At the end of the day, I'm sure everyone will hold hands and sing Kumbaya. We always work our hardest to solve problems to everyone's satisfaction when they arise.

I'm not going to be back from vending until late tonight, so hopefully the excitement stays to a minimum until I at least get back to my room and get my shoes off. :P

I believe she was pointed to the "bpaltm" e-mail addy on bpal anon. I don't know if that one's checked often or not.

We're in communication now. =)

Is it bad that I am actually excited by the idea of having to buy the entire snake pit again just for the new label art? :P

Beth, the owner of Sunkist couldn't PM you or other labbies here as she was banned this morning when she joined in an attempt to make contact.

As Beth has already stated they are in contact now, I think it's only respectful that we step back and let them work it out amongst themselves. I'm sure they will come to a solution that satisfies everyone and if they feel it is necessary, they will let us know. :P