Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Brianne- I'm not totally sure about this but it seems like it was about this time last year when the Lab switched over to the glossy labels. I know my Smut from 2006 does not have a glossy label but my TKO from spring 2006 does.

eta: I went and checked and my Underpants from 2006- which was released on April 1st last year- does have a glossy label. So it must have been sometime in Feb/March that the glossy labels first appeared.

Edited by Phaedra

Wow, the bottles look completely different than I imagined. A little less epic, unfortunatly. :[ (I was kinda thinking something along the lines of this http://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/acatalog/...rfume-vial.jpg

But the labels are very stunning.

I love the apothecary bottles. Fancy bottles would drive the Labs costs up and that would make BPAL collecting more costly to us. Where else can one get such a variety of high quality fragrances for such a steal?

I love the apothecary bottles for entirely different reasons!

First off, they're so freaking durable. I had a fancy bottle - one like F54 came in - once, full of Rose Red 03. And one day, I forgot and left it out on the counter, in the lid of the box (instead of actually IN the box), and when I came home from work that day ... the cats had run into the lid, and the bottle had smashed against the floor. On the flip side, I've dropped the apothecary bottles a few times, and none of them have even cracked.

Also, I imagine we've all got quite different tastes as to what's nice and what's tacky, and personally, I'd rather get a plain, durable bottle and be able to easily pour it into a fancy perfume bottle that *I* like. The kinds of bottles that the Lab would be able to provide at the costs they sell the oils at would either be too fragile (like the F54 one) or tacky.

But most importantly, as someone who has literally hundreds of bottles ... man, storage is a bitch with these. I can't imagine what storage would be like if I had to deal with irregular shapes/sizes.

RE: Shiny labels, I think Enraged Bunny Musk and its companions around that update last year were the first to have them. I don't know how I lived without shiny labels!

The current bottle style they're using seems to be the most durable for shipping in the mail and carrying around and general all-around use. The blue bottles used to always arrive with cracked lips. I've never had a problem with the amber ones. They are the best!

Wow, the bottles look completely different than I imagined. A little less epic, unfortunatly. :[ (I was kinda thinking something along the lines of this http://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/acatalog/...rfume-vial.jpg

But the labels are very stunning.

Oooh... those are gorgeous! I wish I had some I could decant my favored scents into. They look sturdier than the EXTREMELY delicate glass ones I currently have (seriously, you eyeball these things and they crack) and more unique than just regular ole bottles everyone uses. :D

I have a small mirrored 'podium' type thing that I showcase my favorites on. So far, the coolest BPAL thing I have on it is my beloved first bottle of Whip with the Sub Rosa cap. :P

I just saw the reviews for the new Monsterbaits (except for Gorija!) - and wow! The label art is just stunning! Fantastic Macha! :P

Here are some of the new bottle labels. I don't know how to make the links look nice, but you can click on my big ugly URLs! :D

I didn't take pics of my Salon ones since the artwork is pictured on the site -- and that's what is on the label! :D

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/xe...bullbottles.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/xe.../fishbottle.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get the poisson one all in the frame, but I don't want to subject these to too much light so I just went with my first attempt. :P The artwork made me scream though -- is it from or based on one of the antique Hanselmann prints I wonder? I love those! Not the type of fish I was expecting!

Those are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much sarada! :P

The astrological blends have the same sort of vibe I guess, and it looks great. The Minotaur is fabulous! :D And the Poisson is a jellyfish, yes?

Here are some of the new bottle labels. I don't know how to make the links look nice, but you can click on my big ugly URLs! :D

I didn't take pics of my Salon ones since the artwork is pictured on the site -- and that's what is on the label! :)

Sorry I couldn't get the poisson one all in the frame, but I don't want to subject these to too much light so I just went with my first attempt. :P The artwork made me scream though -- is it from or based on one of the antique Hanselmann prints I wonder? I love those! Not the type of fish I was expecting!

... now i want to get a bottle of possion d'avril just for the pretty swirly jellyfish label. it's everything i could ever want! pretty! swirly! fish! must hide my credit card and sit on my hands now. :D

oh -- but thank you for sharing ... ! ;)

Edited by lady d

Here are some of the new bottle labels. I don't know how to make the links look nice, but you can click on my big ugly URLs! :)

I didn't take pics of my Salon ones since the artwork is pictured on the site -- and that's what is on the label! ;)

... now i want to get a bottle of possion d'avril just for the pretty swirly jellyfish label. it's everything i could ever want! pretty! swirly! fish! must hide my credit card and sit on my hands now. :D

oh -- but thank you for sharing ... ! B)

Me too! I love jellyfish. I think I might have to hunt down a bottle just for the label. :D

Jellyfish! OMG I WANT MY BOTTLE NOW. The label art is becoming a big part of the anticipation for me, everything's so gorgeous! Then there's the other part of the anticipation, of course... *wanders off to review forum*

Anyone have :P of Tokyo Stomp? I like the other two labels but wished they would have been in Black & White like last years labels. :D

*slight hijack*...the underpants label was sort of "beige-pinky" tho' right?

i love the VD label...then again...i love VD...*end hijack*

I knew it! When I read the description of Possion d'Avril I visualized light pink & light blue (I'm one of those people who match scents with colors). Oh how I hope it smells that way....

Is there a picture of Bloody Mary (bottle) somewhere?

Anyone have :D of Tokyo Stomp? I like the other two labels but wished they would have been in Black & White like last years labels. :D

*slight hijack*...the underpants label was sort of "beige-pinky" tho' right?

i love the VD label...then again...i love VD...*end hijack*

hey Sookster :) Well, I'm gonna soon find out because I just swapped for Underpants :D I've never seen it in person but the labels that I have seen posted for it looked B&W but you know more than I do. B)

I still can't wait to get all 3 of the new MB's ... my number should be coming up soon because 4/2 orders are already shipping. The lab is kicking butt!!

Cheers to the lab for all their hard work :P

I knew it! When I read the description of Possion d'Avril I visualized light pink & light blue (I'm one of those people who match scents with colors). Oh how I hope it smells that way....

Yeah there is one in the Review section. What's really cool is the lady that posted the picture looks like the label (the hair anyway ... not the black eyes). ;)

There's a pic in the first review in the reviews thread. It's an excellent label! Of course, I envision a woman in Tudor dress, because that's what "Bloody Mary" says to me, but I'm kind of a history geek. :P

ETA: ooops, beachbabealways beat me!

Edited by Anna D.

There's a pic in the first review in the reviews thread. It's an excellent label! Of course, I envision a woman in Tudor dress, because that's what "Bloody Mary" says to me, but I'm kind of a history geek. :P

ETA: ooops, beachbabealways beat me!

D'oh!!! Thanks!

Anyone have :D of Tokyo Stomp? I like the other two labels but wished they would have been in Black & White like last years labels. :D

Yes- Tokyo Stomp pics, please! :P

The Bloody Mary label art makes me smile. It's alot like my own illustration of Bloody Mary, which was inspired by the legend of La Llorona...the bloody empty eyes and all that. (Cropped down version in my avatar.) It looks like Macha used similar inspiration for hers. Neat. :P

I love the Tokyo Stomp label. Thanks for posting it! Can't wait to get my bottle!