Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Beth, thank you so much for posting the Bean pics! I adore the Bakeneko label but I was also going mad trying to figure out what the red bit to the left of the label was (I was worried it was something that was completely obvious to everyone but me :P ).

At first glance my mind went, "Is that a little UFO beaming something up?" :D

Moddiewenches, please move this if I've posted it in the wrong place! Me dUm!

Some people have been asking, so here's the scoop...

Bean, the Demon Queen (the Lab Cat), is the model on the Bakeneko label. You can't see it well on the label, but Teddy managed to catch her sitting on a huge stuffed bat that's hanging on the loft in the warehouse during one of the recent will calls.

BeanPic

BeanPic

Links fixed~Morrighana

Miss Bean is a beauty!

And the pictures are adorable!

May I ask what breed she is? Her coloring is beautiful.

I need some help solving a problem :D I've got two of the older bottles of 13, one is cobalt & one is amber. I already checked for pics, there is one of the amber, but not titled to say which it is.

Both have white labels but the cobalt has the more papery-feeling one. Cobalt smells much more of cocoa, very smooth; amber is noticeably sharper, so I'm pretty sure they're different blends. Unless someone did something they shouldn't have with the contents? :P

Help me out, please?

I need some help solving a problem :D I've got two of the older bottles of 13, one is cobalt & one is amber. I already checked for pics, there is one of the amber, but not titled to say which it is.

Both have white labels but the cobalt has the more papery-feeling one. Cobalt smells much more of cocoa, very smooth; amber is noticeably sharper, so I'm pretty sure they're different blends. Unless someone did something they shouldn't have with the contents? :P

Help me out, please?

The cobalt bottle with the papery label is probably the original, as it sounds like my own bottle of the original. I don't have a bottle of the second version though so I cannot confirm what the second one looks like, sorry!

Doh. Links aren't working for me. :P

Try 'em now. :D

Much better. Thanks for the assistance on that one. :D

Help me out, please?

The cobalt bottle with the papery label is probably the original, as it sounds like my own bottle of the original. I don't have a bottle of the second version though so I cannot confirm what the second one looks like, sorry!

Are you wondering about May 2005 vs. January 2006? I would guess the cobalt one is from May 2005 and the amber one is from January 2006, and it's the fresher citrus causing it to be sharper (not having aged as long). Plus it could just be from variations in the component oils themselves, that even happens from one batch to the next, let alone 7 months apart.

I had a bottle of the Jan. 06 briefly, and it looked identical to the original label, although I don't remember the exact texture/finish. Definitely paper though, not the newer glossy labels. The only glossy one was October 2006, which was orange instead of white.

And what I meant to ask was, has anyone else gotten other Smut labels with new pictures? I have three of the four from last year, and I've seen two new ones so far this year, Tramp's and this one:

Picture010.jpg

Help me out, please?

Are you wondering about May 2005 vs. January 2006? I would guess the cobalt one is from May 2005 and the amber one is from January 2006, and it's the fresher citrus causing it to be sharper (not having aged as long). Plus it could just be from variations in the component oils themselves, that even happens from one batch to the next, let alone 7 months apart.

I had a bottle of the Jan. 06 briefly, and it looked identical to the original label, although I don't remember the exact texture/finish. Definitely paper though, not the newer glossy labels. The only glossy one was October 2006, which was orange instead of white.

Yeah, I have January 06 and it is amber with papery lablel :-)

Help me out, please?

I have the two you are talking about. The blue bottle has more chocolate and the second in the amber bottle has more Iris than chocolate. They have the same description but were blended differently. Don't worry, no one tampered with them because mine are the same. I'm sure you could confirm this with Beth and company.

I need some help solving a problem :) I've got two of the older bottles of 13, one is cobalt & one is amber. I already checked for pics, there is one of the amber, but not titled to say which it is.

Both have white labels but the cobalt has the more papery-feeling one. Cobalt smells much more of cocoa, very smooth; amber is noticeably sharper, so I'm pretty sure they're different blends. Unless someone did something they shouldn't have with the contents? :D

Help me out, please?

I have the two you are talking about. The blue bottle has more chocolate and the second in the amber bottle has more Iris than chocolate. They have the same description but were blended differently. Don't worry, no one tampered with them because mine are the same. I'm sure you could confirm this with Beth and company.

:P

Hmm... I have a comment on this bottle thing. I have 2 Rose Red's 2005. One is in an amber bottle, the other blue. I have 2 Snake Charmer's. One is in an amber bottle, the other blue. I'm not so sure if he bottle color is a strict indicator of the time it was released. It could be a supply issue. I'm trying on my 13 white label (paper, not glossy) AMBER bottle, and it's pretty darn chocolatey.. (time has elapsed) okay, no citrus, chocolate dominates. I had my GF sniff my wrist, and asked her what she thought, "Hmm... chocolate." was her reply. So, I'm not convinced that the color of the bottle, is an acurate relfection of what year the white label 13's came out. Beth? oh Beth??? :D

For the period between the release of the original formulations of 13, bottle color is definitely not a definitive indicator of the date of release.

From mid-'05 through the rest of that year, bottle color was largely random, unless a release specifically indicated that it would be released in a particular color bottle, and even then, amber would sometimes be switched out for blue iirc correctly, if there were supply issues.

The formulations for the May 05 and January 06 releases of 13 were identical, although there may have been batch variations. What might help is to look at the reviews for the original formulation and see whether they differ - it appears from the posts here that there are some variations, so that might help. Good luck! :P

I'm loving all of these awsome photos of labels. Is there any chance these ones will be uploaded into the Community Gallery as well? Is that the 'go-to' spot for label pics?

Oooh cool, Thanks Midnight. I love looking at the bottles labels and hope more people post pictures of all the new stuff. Would really like to see pics of the new Lupercalia labels. Anyone out there have any they want to share with us?

Browneyes, the Carousel blends were just released Jan 31st/Feb 1st. No one's received them yet -- shipping is in late January, but not quite to the Carousel update. Hopefully we'll see them ship out soon, and then maybe someone will be kind enough to take some pics for us!

Ahh ok. Silly me :P I just assumed that with a couple of reviews already up, someone would have the bottles already. I really look forward to seeing the label artwork though!! :D

Thanks but I was looking for the Carousel labels - the new Neil Gaiman series. And as far as I understood no one has posted any pictures of those yet. But thanks anyways :P

Ahh ok. Silly me :P I just assumed that with a couple of reviews already up, someone would have the bottles already. I really look forward to seeing the label artwork though!! :D

The mods probably received the bottles from the Lab since they work so hard here, and GypsyRoseRed sniffed them at Will-Call right after they were released. :D I can't wait to see the labels, too! C'mon, Carousel, ship away!

I love looking through this thread and the photo gallery for labels. So pretty. *pets the pretty*

ROFL. I have a tendency to do that sometimes (I really can read, I promise), you can trout me.

We'll definitely have to wait patiently for the bottles but I'm sure they'll be just as beautiful as usual. Perhaps some will call people can shed some light on the subject.