Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think that last year's resurrected scents came with lovely old labels. :P

Last year's resurrected scents did have the old style catalogue lables.

I think this is a situation where the Lab just can't please everyone - if they don't put special labels on every special release, then some people are disappointed, and if they do, then some people are disappointed. So they have to go with what ever spirit moves or is practical at the time.

I think this years resurrected labels are gorgeous, but I don't really care if all of my catalogue scents look the same. Likewise, I love the asture Yuletide lables, which seem very fitting to the mood of this years series...

But I can also understand why if you were expecting something else with a collection asthetic, it could be disappointing.

I will admit this is the very first time I have ever heard anyone's complaint be that we didn't keep a General Catalog label on something. And to be perfectly frank, last year's labels would have been different too, but we ran out of time.

I love the new resurrected labels but my main joy these days is just that everything is GLOSSY! Every single one of my old labels is stained and smeared because somehow a drop of oil or liquid gets on them, or just age in general wears away from the frequent opening-and-sniffing. Switching to glossy labels has improved my quality of life 18.9%! :P

Sarada, I want to know how you calculated that. :P

....Well, I find it more helpful when the rereleases get new labels because it makes it easier to tell the difference between the versions. There are a lot of people who prefer one years version to another and having the same label makes it hard to tell them apart.

....Well, I find it more helpful when the rereleases get new labels because it makes it easier to tell the difference between the versions. There are a lot of people who prefer one years version to another and having the same label makes it hard to tell them apart.

:P

With the exception of the '05 resurrections (which really weren't LE re-releases), the two original batches of 13, and I believe the P'Patches, every re-released LE has had something indicating when it was from.

Quoting the Swap Pricecap and Pricelist announcement:

Several LEs have been released multiple times, and not always at the same price. Knowing which vintage your LE comes from will let you better describe your oil AND help you adhere to the price cap!

* Samhain & Beltane

o The 2003 Samhain was in a short, squat cobalt blue (or green) bottle with a decopagued label with the original light gray phoenix logo.

o The 2004 Samhain was in a cobalt blue bottle, with the now-standard label and a pumpkin and "2004" on it.

o The 2005 Samhain was in a cobalt blue bottles, with this label.

o The 2005 Beltane was in a cobalt blue bottle, with the now-standard label.

o The 2006 Beltane was in a cobalt blue bottle, with the now-standard label and "2006" on it.

* Yule scents

o The 2003 Yule vintages were in short, squat green (or cobalt blue) bottles with a decopagued label with the original light gray phoenix logo.

o The 2004 Yule vintages were in a cobalt blue bottles, with the now-standard labels, such as this bottle of Snow White.

o The 2005 Yule vintages were in a cobalt blue bottles, with distinct, colored labels, such as this bottle of Lick It.

* Harvest Moon

o The 2004 Harvest Moon was in a cobalt blue bottle, with the now-standard label and no date.

o The 2005 Harvest Moon was in a cobalt blue bottle, with the now-standard label and "2005" on it.

o The 2006 Harvest Moon was in a cobalt blue bottles, with this colored label.

* Chaos Theory

o Chaos Theory was in an amber bottle and featured a mandelbrot fractal on the label.

o Chaos Theory 2: The Butterfly Effect was in an amber bottle and featured a butterfly on the label.

o Chaos Theory 3: Strange Attractors was in an amber bottle and featured an attractor on the label.

There are linked images in the announcements.

I will admit this is the very first time I have ever heard anyone's complaint be that we didn't keep a General Catalog label on something. And to be perfectly frank, last year's labels would have been different too, but we ran out of time.

Macha, I really love your work. I think it's absolutely gorgeous.

But on the other hand I did expect the "regular" labels in the resurrected scents, as I love how they look in my show case. It's a bit obsessive, I know, but the old labels made the bottles look like real bottles with dragon's blood or black lotus inside(and yes, I am such a geek, I know). :P

Edited by quimerula

anyone knows how all saints, brides of dracula, purple phoenix and glitter looks like? i've placed an order but i just cant wait. going crazy thinking about labels.

Oh! That reminds me - if anyone runs out of gallery room because of posting in the label/BPTP galleries, PM me. I'm trying to see if there's a way to not count those two galleries in your uploaded space, or to put it on a separate counter because I know there are alot of people who do a TON of label uploads.

i'll pipe in on label differences. as a *serious* bottle collector, i don't mind at all. it makes it kind of fun for me. like the new spring time in arkham scents have different labels, so i now have both on different shelves. i say thank you lab for always surprising us <3

anyone knows how all saints, brides of dracula, purple phoenix and glitter looks like? i've placed an order but i just cant wait. going crazy thinking about labels.

Brides of dracula looks like the other ootd.

Purple phoenix is like red, black and pink phoenix, but with a purple background, a slightly different font, and purple lettering.

Glitter looks like all the rest of the ressurecteds.

You will find this post (and the entire thread) in the BPAL FAQ section helpful. The thread has links to the gallery of photos, where you may find what the bottles you have are "supposed" to look like.

Edited by indicolite

My Harvest Moon 2004 has the name, "A Little Lunacy" in purple just below and then "2004" just below that, then a little blue crescent moon character below that and then the lab's name below that. It's my original bottle from the lab. The label has the sticky mod-podge quality about it.

Thankyou! Alas, no luck so far. Theres no picture of Harvest Moon 04. :P

If you have access to a digital camera, make one!

This thread gives guidelines to the size of the pics possible; if yours go smaller than that, you can put them directly into the post, using the little tree picture icon above the post editor; otherwise (or if the tree-picture icon confuses you too much :D ), put a link here to their location in a website or image-hosting site such as the Community Gallery here, Flickr, Photobucket, or LJ post; and the wise will look and tell you whether it is the true Harvest Moon or a cunning forgery.

ETA: I didn't see Andra's post, silly me, but my advice would work, I hope, for other future perplexed.

Edited by indicolite

Just pottering around the house today, so I threw some charged batteries in the digital...

CIMG1903.JPG

CIMG1904.JPG

If there are any other bottles lacking photos and I have them in stock, let me know and I'll take the photos of those as well. :P

Forgive me if this has already been posted but does anyone know what the Pumpkin King bottle looked like?