Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

I know for Christmas they included an extra 5ml of Midwinter's Eve. I didn't even notice until a few days later but was truly surprised. And I recieved an extra 5ml of Montressor when I ordered the whole Maelstorm collection. Very generous and again a very nice surprise!

I know for Christmas they included an extra 5ml of Midwinter's Eve. I didn't even notice until a few days later but was truly surprised. And I recieved an extra 5ml of Montressor when I ordered the whole Maelstorm collection. Very generous and again a very nice surprise!

LOL Generosity not a mistake right??

It was with orders over $100 or $150, I think...The Lab has done other similar things...last Samhain (or the one before?), they upgraded 5mLs of Samhain to 10mLs if you ordered over a certain amount.

Ooo.. I must get in on these if the chance arises again! That is such a sweet thing for the lab to do!

i don't think the lab has done anything like this in quite some time tho'...

Well, it seems to me that I get gifts every time I receive an order. I guess we just get used to frimps, though. :P

When the Panaceas were first introduced (last summer, I think?) the Lab upgraded the first 50 of each from 5mls to 10mls. The Lab is awesome.

Well, it seems to me that I get gifts every time I receive an order. I guess we just get used to frimps, though. :D

When the Panaceas were first introduced (last summer, I think?) the Lab upgraded the first 50 of each from 5mls to 10mls. The Lab is awesome.

This is true! I got 4 lovely gifts in the order I received today :P :D

+ a postcard!! I'm loving them and have 3 now.. although I got one last year and misplaced it.. :D

Edited by Midnight Aeval

Since you guys seem all knowing :P

I have a question about 5ml sizes. I ordered 2 5ml bottles, one is a LE and the other is a GC...the bottles are 2 totally differance sizes though

I took a picture of them side by side (but I can't seem to get it posted)

However...I did measure them. The GC is 2.5 inches tall and the LE is 2 inches tall. The LE is just a hairs breath smaller in diameter also (probably a millimeter). I would say that there is probably an Imp's worth of differance between the 2 at the very least

Is this normal for the 5ml? Did I get lucky on the GC where I got a little "more"...or unlucky on my LE?

Thanks,

Fox

From the measurements, it sounds like your GC is a 10ml. What scent is it?

Scherezade is my GC and Blood Moon was my LE.

Thanks,

Fox

oo ty! for some reason I was thinking more harvests and fields :P Maybe its the "apples!!" in the reviews and the comparisons to Lughnasadh and Mabon (OMFG:faint:). But pretty! =D

I love the new shiny plasticy labels... yay for no more oil stains and smudges! :P

Don't they look nice? I like that the color doesn't chip around the edges too. I have a couple older bottles that have white areas around the outside of the labels.

Hmm... this is probably in the wrong spot but.. umm... I'm lazy. :D

Has anyone else received the postcard with their order that has a pic of Snake Oil on it with a really fancy label a la Carnaval? What's up with that? Are the GCs getting extra fancy labels now? *dreams* :P

Yeah I got that postcard too.....and from what I understand, Snake Oil is the only GC scent that got the Carnaval Noiresque label......it *is* lovely isn't it? :P

eta: LOL ! I lost my post there for a second and then figured it must've been moved here......and it was...... :D

Edited by gaai

[moved from update speculation]

Snake Oil got a new label towards the end of the first run of the Carnival Noir series.

Hmm... this is probably in the wrong spot but.. umm... I'm lazy. :D

Has anyone else received the postcard with their order that has a pic of Snake Oil on it with a really fancy label a la Carnaval? What's up with that? Are the GCs getting extra fancy labels now? *dreams* :P

Snake Oil has had that label for a while now. My bottle from February has it. While some of the different GC categories have special labels, a lot of them don't.

Oooo... thank you for the responses! It makes me want a bottle of Snake Oil...

... and dream of more fancy labels. I bet it would be fun to design them...

Just to let everyone know who is interested in what labels look like, there is a section in the Community Gallery that has pictures. I have uploaded most of the LE bottles I have and would love others to do the same!

(Because contrary to what my husband thinks, I don't own every single bottle! :P )

Oooh... I'd love to see those pictures! I searched and couldn't find it... where's the community gallery located?

Oooh... I'd love to see those pictures! I searched and couldn't find it... where's the community gallery located?

At the top or side of the forum there should be a link called "Community Gallery" and the labels folder is the first one listed.

There is a link to it in the toolbar along with Live Chat.

So now that the CD orders are rolling in, what are the labels looking like? Are they smaller versions of the art on the webpage? Or something completely different?