Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Thanks so much, Gypsy! (Or GRR! if you prefer!)

I think my favorite is the Litha label, but the Hungry Ghost definite has a look of the starving urchin about it!

Oh, those are so beautiful. This is so exciting, although I came around too late to order Litha. Thanks, GypsyRoseRed for posting those pics. :P

I :P the Hungry Ghost label!

DITTO!

I also love ELF's label - gorgeous!

GypsyRoseRed - thanks so much for posting these!!

Right.

While I really shouldn't, I'm considering buying a 10ml GC before they disappear. One of the things that intrigues me about them, in addition to the crafty possibilities, and general impage for friends (is that pimpage?) is that the artwork tends to be larger -- at least on what I've seen from the Tarot, etc. (which I understand will still be living LARGE after the change-over).

Since I'm still a noob, and I enjoy what I've seen/sniffed on MOST of the scents I've tried -- hadn't had a bad one yet...well, barring that accidental combo that smelled like skunk. :P At any rate, I'm curious about the label art.

What label art did you like best? What, if any, appear on a large GC?

Can you recommend any?

Of course I wouldn't make that type of investment without cross-referencing my preferences for the actual scent, but it would be nice if I follow through with this to get some nice artwork as well.

Thoughts?

Well, crumb. I did a search and everything and bupkiss, then just after I posted this, at the bottom under similar topics there's one that says label art. Darn.

:Waves hand for mod:

Is this still okay?

Edited by SueDonym

It's just the same as for the 5mls, but stretched to fit a larger size (in most cases.)

And since I don't design the art for 10mls, but for 5mls, the art tends to be stretched out of proportion for the larger size, often in ways that weren't intended and which I don't necessarily think look very good.

The only exceptions to that is art on the bottles that were always intended to be 10mls, such as the LE bottles that went with the statues from the Trading Post, Sepheroth and Tarot — none of which are changing sizes.

So umm...I guess I'm saying I don't think you're losing out, art-wise.

Black Phoenix has a really awesome label that transferred over just fine from 5 ml to 10 ml size... it looks like the red and pink phoenix labels, only with a black phoenix on an orange/red background. Actually, I like the detail on the 10 ml of that one even more than I liked the 5 mls :P. It's probably my favorite label.

Well, crumb. I did a search and everything and bupkiss, then just after I posted this, at the bottom under similar topics there's one that says label art. Darn.

:Waves hand for mod:

Is this still okay?

This happens to me, too. :P I'll move this over to the label discussion thread, though, since I think more people will see it and therefore you'll likely get more input and ideas.

Ow I :P that HGM label!

And even if the scent doesn't agree with me ( which I highly doubt ) I'm still keeping it for the label! :D

( I might decant some imps out of it, but the bottle stays! )

Love that Hungry Ghost concept. The lable is out-tastic! I am very pleased I got one and the shirt is Boss!

Also like the choice of artwork for Et Lux Fuit. Real fitting, very alchemical with God and the compass from Blake. I can hardly wait to get mine.

I have to say, I wish the Lab would always use either Macha's gorgeous artwork, or a plain text label. I've become so spoiled by some of the beautiful labels that sometimes the others just don't measure up.

That's very sweet, but sometimes the beautiful label isn't my artwork. I'm certainly not too proud to state that some of my favorite labels were designed by Beth, rather than myself. :P

That's very sweet, but sometimes the beautiful label isn't my artwork. I'm certainly not too proud to state that some of my favorite labels were designed by Beth, rather than myself. :P

Oh, don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the Convergence Labels and some of the others. But Budding Moon and Hungry Ghost Moon have been amongst my recent favorites. You do a great job!

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

here are the chaos labels if anypne is intrested

MVC-518F.jpg

although they are a bit bl,urry (my digital camera is still in the shop)

Edited by shelldoo

i could be wrong, but i believe the salon labels are from the original pieces of art they are named after? and therefore are not macha's handy work...but i may be mistaken.

I usually love Macha's labels, but maybe she was having a bad day or something when she did them for the Salon.

What do the labels look like?

Do they have the picture of what the blend is representing? Like the drawing.

ETA: Oops didn't see that there was another page. :P

Edited by meabh

I usually love Macha's labels, but maybe she was having a bad day or something when she did them for the Salon.

Isn't there a politer way of saying that, or at least explaining what you don't like about them?

The artworks that each Salon scent is based on are featured on the Salon page of the Lab's site. I only have Orpheus and Lucretia, but each artwork is on the label - or really, a small portion of it, since it's hard to make a beautiful label with just square millimeters to work with. Are any of the others different? I love that the artwork is featured on the ones I have so I can be reminded of it when I wear the scent, and I didn't find anything wrong with the labels aesthetically at all.

Also, as Macha's reminded us a few times, Beth also designs a lot of the special labels, so they may have been Beth's concept.

yes donna, they are all smaller versions of the pic on the salon portion of the site.

Of course you ordered them all. :P

Maybe someone will post some photos of them for us soon. My (6 1/2 year old) computer has decided it doesn't recognize my memory card reader anymore, and after wrestling with it for hours over the course of a couple of weeks, I'm just biding my time til we buy a new computer. Besides, I just have the two Salon scents and that's not very exciting.

i can take some pics. but my digital camera is broken, so i am using the one for the body shop. it doesn't take them so good (the come out kinda like the choas pics did)