Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Does anyone know if the new additions to Excolo (the Orisha in particular) have fancy shmancy labels?

Thanks everyone! I am glad my pic could be of service! :P

Does anyone know if the new additions to Excolo (the Orisha in particular) have fancy shmancy labels?

They are the same as the GC, except for under the name of the scent, it reads in RED ink: orisha blend and the usual BPAL at the bottom (in red also). And, the label is outlined in white. Also, the Shango I rec'd was in a amber bottle.

Edited by thedragoncharmer

Thanks guys! Those are absolutely adorable. I think they are my favorite labels to date...I can't wait to see the underpants version.

So cute! I would love to see a cute Underpants label that looked sort of like the sunblock ads with the dog pulling on the girl's swimsuit--you know, but instead it'd be a cute, frisky monster tugging at a pinup girl's panties. You're supposed to *like* this monster, acc to the description! :P

They are the same as the GC, except for under the name of the scent, it reads in RED ink: orisha blend and the usual BPAL at the bottom (in red also). And, the label is outlined in white. Also, the Shango I rec'd was in a amber bottle.

Thanks, love.

I think I'm with everyone else when I say that I can't wait to see what the

underpants Monster looks like. :P

Hmm... I really like Laurel's idea for an Underpants label. My thought was that the *monster* would be the one wearing the underpants- maybe festooned with pairs all over its body. Kinda like the sock gremlins who live in the driers and are responsible for me wearing one black and one pink sock today.

Pssst, anyone with a Peony Moon want to post a picture of the bottle? I'm hoping it's similar to the t-shirt!

Monster Bait labels........

They are so perfect!

monsterbaits.jpg

AWWW! Those labels are tooo cute!!

Pssst, anyone with a Peony Moon want to post a picture of the bottle? I'm hoping it's similar to the t-shirt!

There is a picture of the Peony Moon label here. It's a beautiful label.

Lycanthrope posted one here, about midway down the page. Hard to see, but I think it's little Squee from the JTHM comics!

It really does look a lot like Squee! That was my thought exactly. The pose, the huge eyes!

*Squee love*

Lycanthrope posted one here, about midway down the page. Hard to see, but I think it's little Squee from the JTHM comics!

It's not...

The copyright issues alone. Oh vey. Any resemblance is quite coincidental.

Macha, the Monsters are original and very good indeed. Pure your imagination & skill. Peony Moon is lovely.

Well...the Monsters hit when we were a bit crunched. They ARE clip-art. They're just clip art that we bought the rights to use.

Peony Moon though, is indeed all mine. :P

Don't worry, although my first thought was SQUEE as well, in the big pics, they don't look at all confusingly similar.

Although that would be an *awesome* cobranding opportunity, if anyone knows Johonen...:P

I got my Peony Moon order last week (yay!) and was surprised to see the new 5mls that I got (Opium Poppy and Sundew) had new labels, a pretty green with art deco sort of writing. So I'm wondering, is this a look at things to come? Will new GC scents all have fancy new labels or is it just these two? I thought I had read something about the labels of the muses being different from the standard labels too...

Any input?

Rappaccini's Garden has its own labels, which are standard for that line. So any Rappaccini's Garden scent (that includes Opium Poppy and Sundew) comes with the art deco garden label. The Muses, Come and See, Tarot, and Illumination scents also have their own labels.

Don't worry, although my first thought was SQUEE as well, in the big pics, they don't look at all confusingly similar.

Although that would be an *awesome* cobranding opportunity, if anyone knows Johonen...:P

I had to change my avatar, just for that. Am now once again fantasizing about JtHM scents.

Actually, the Orishas seem to differ in the accent color depending on the blend - Osun is in yellow, Ogun is green, Yemaya is (I think) blue, but I may be remembering her wrong...but the main difference is the hint of color for "Orisha Blend".

All of my bottles last order, including four non-Orishas, were amber, so it may just be the current run of bottles for those. :P

We'll be seeing more and more amber bottles that have nothing to do with novelty — my understanding is that the lab is switching to them because they have yet to find a supplier of cobalt bottles that is reliable in quality.

Actually, the Orishas seem to differ in the accent color depending on the blend - Osun is in yellow, Ogun is green, Yemaya is (I think) blue, but I may be remembering her wrong...but the main difference is the hint of color for "Orisha Blend".

All of my bottles last order, including four non-Orishas, were amber, so it may just be the current run of bottles for those. :P

Yes, Yemaya is a pale blue - I was going to post here and kept forgetting.

And, aw! I like the cobalt bottles. I liked having a mix of amber and cobalt.

I don't think the Lab was happy about it, but the alternative was passing along crappy bottles that break or leak....well, you can see there was little choice.

Pictures of the Bunny and the Underpants!

under.jpg bunny.jpg

Sorry about the fuzziness, but my camera is broken so I had to borrow a different one that I'm not familiar with to take these pictures!

Edited by candygirl

The new labels are great. I picked up my bottle of Beltane, and my thumb squeaked.

Initial response: OMGWTFBBQ!

The labels are being printed on.... like... a sticky photo paper, almost. They're shiny!