Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

The other thing I'm wondering is about the Rappacini's Garden labels, 'cause the picture above appears to be on a 10ml bottle. I guess the label on a 5ml would have less of the greenery surrounding it? More incentive to make the jump for a 10ml if I find an RG scent that works on me :P

I believe they just stretched a 5ml label up to fit a 10ml (in other words, I didn't make two different versions) so the 5mls are in correct proportion.

And WidgetAlley: it's a pretty good bet you'll see something new for these. (I have it on good authority... :D )

(snip) And WidgetAlley: it's a pretty good bet you'll see something new for these. (I have it on good authority... :P )

Is it time for a squee? I think it is.

*looks both ways*

SQUEEEEEE!

Ooh, squee! :D

I ordered all the Come and See scents and I'm planning on keeping them all regardless of whether they work because they just speak to me, but if they've got pretty labels, that's all the more reason. :D

I :P you, Macha.

Do any of the new Yule scents have nifty label designs? I wanna see!

I noticed the Sol label has a yellow border and a symbol of Sol on it...funny really, as that's exactly how I envisioned it. Were they originally sold like that?

I have an "older" bottle of Sol (I bought it over the summer at one of the BPAL retailers, The Enchanted Castle). It has a standard black & white BPAL label w/ an indigo border. So the new label must be celebrating Sol's return!

Do any of the new Yule scents have nifty label designs? I wanna see!

The ones I got today do! Gingerbread Poppet has a gingerbread man with half of his head missing (bitten off, I gather! :P), Nuclear Winter has a mushroom cloud, and Lick It has a candy-cane and a red lipstick print. If my camera weren't MIA (figures; I just bought it last week!), I'd take pictures of them. :D

I bet all the Celestials will have their respective planetary symbols and apt colours-red for Mars, grey/silver for Luna, maybe pink for Venus?

Now I am dyyyyyyying to see those Yule labels-headless gingerbread man? that's classic!!

rewil - thanks for posting! I love nuclear winter - that's fantstic!! and I can't wait to see gingerbread poppet!

Wow. That label for Snow White is gooooorgeous. *drools* I'm glad I have a bottle on the way, even if it is technically for my sister. *looks shifty*

Oh. My. God. That is so awesome!!! I can't wait to see the others... though since mine are in transit maybe I'll be able to wait a few more days. I hope. Though if someone happend to have photos of any of the other Yule LE's I'd totally love to see them now. :D

I don't have a camera that can take close-up pics so I hope someone else is able to post pics soon, these are gorgeous! It's going to be hard to keep them locked away in their box, I want to display them!

I have five more Yule blends I hope to receive for Christmas and I am absolutely dying for them, eep!

Me personally, I'm waiting to see what Midnight Mass and Peacock Queen look like (and yes, you'd be right to infer that means that I did not create those labels.) I can't wait to see what Beth created!

Oh, Beth's a very talented graphic artist.

She's done a number of the labels herself. Beatrice, the Halloween Scents, Love in the Asylum....all that is Beth's work. She has a wonderful sense of aesthetics.

She designed Beatrice? That's a gorgeous label...

Wow, she's multi talented...if she's that good with perfume, I'm not surprised to see she's good with the labels too!

Note : These are not my bottles (I wish, though!) nor is this my picture, I stole it from my dear friend in the Lush forum so you too could enjoy the beauty that is BPAL obsession. But we must find a picture of the Rat King!!

BPALYule2005bottleslg.jpg

There's a bottle of Nine Mysteries...was that a freebie?

I love the Herr Dross label-with the alchemical symbols and the eyepatch and beard and all...fantastic!

Edited by yeahbutnobut

The label alone had sold me on Midnight Mass. It's on the top of the list now, for sure.

So gorgeous...

(and who can resist having a pair of Snow White and Rose Red?)

The detail in Ninevah's picture is incredible - Herr Drosselmeyer is so adorable I'm contemplating ordering it just for the label. (I know a leather and pipe smoke scent is 180 degrees from "me", but - gah! Look at him!) Wonder if the Rat King looks similar. I hope someone posts a picture soon.

I was contemplating ordering some of the "revisiteds" that I didn't click with last year - my tastes have evolved, and I might like them more now. Having seen the 2005 labels on these, I'm like MUST! HAVE! PRETTY! BOTTLES!! EEEEEEEEE!

The Rat King does not look like a nutcracker...hopefully someone will post a pic soon. My own camera needs batteries.