Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Anyone want to post the new Snake Oil label so I don't have to buy another bottle just to see it? :P

This is Snake Oil's CN-esque label. The quality isn't great, since I took the photo with my friend Nate's cell-phone camera (hey, he left it here, fair game! :D), since *my* camera's still MIA.

Edited by Aredhel

Aredhel (and Macha!) - sweet!!

I'm going to have to get me one of those once my current bottle ages sufficiently for me to start using it :P

Edited by Galen

Thanks Colére, those look amazing. I didn't think I wanted anything from the DiMV line, but now I have to get something. *grin*

Snake Oil's new label is faboo!

[eta] Darnit, I used HTML again!

Edited by WidgetAlley

Well obviously I'm a genius, no wonder I couldn't ever find this post in BPAL chatter. :P

Colere, thanks for sharing the DiMV labels! They're so purty!

And obviously I need a bottle of Snake Oil now, don't I? Yes, yes I do, I loved the CN labels. I really was planning on ordering a bottle soon anyway, this just seals the deal.

The Halloween labels were awesome this year, I can't wait until my bottle of Samhain gets here! Hmmmm, I wonder what the Yule labels will look like? C'mon Yule CnS. I can't order Yule scents until after the first of the year (thank goodness they're stickin' around until 1/15), but I want to see the labels, darnit!

label comment and question.

First off all the new labels are gorgeous! The antique halloween one's look like they are 30's and 40's art...and I love them soo much!

I have to say that as a huge art deco/art nouveau fan, the rappuccini's garden labels are to die for as well...

And I am so buying a 10ml of snake oil now LOL.

Now, question, i have seen a bottle with an elixor type label (heart with daggers just like the others; safari et all) but with a reddish back instead of black....i have no idea what oil this is? Can anyone help?

Oh cool, I'm really glad you like the Rappuccini's Garden labels (although they were funny to make in hindsight, with Beth sending me notes that read: "Nice, but can we get more thorns? And blood? And spiders?" :P )

The lab would have had the Yule labels up on bottles yesterday, but there were some technical glitches plaguing the lab yesterday that prevented it. Those should *crosses fingers* be sorted out now.

And that bottle sounds interesting Kmasden...where did you see it? Was it at the Lab yesterday?

What did the Beaver Moon label look like? Did it have the same image as the t-shirt?

I'd love to see pics of the Rap. Garden labels...I'm really hoping that the Blood Lotus I ordered at Halloween has a cool label on it!

Edited by yeahbutnobut

heh, okay, now i am going to have to order a Snake Oil bottle. :P i had it before, didn't think it worked on me...but now that Snake Charmer has changed my tune....well hell, i just want to have another cool looking bottle like that!

Oh cool, I'm really glad you like the Rappuccini's Garden labels (although they were funny to make in hindsight, with Beth sending me notes that read: "Nice, but can we get more thorns? And blood? And spiders?" :P )

The lab would have had the Yule labels up on bottles yesterday, but there were some technical glitches plaguing the lab yesterday that prevented it. Those should *crosses fingers* be sorted out now.

And that bottle sounds interesting Kmasden...where did you see it? Was it at the Lab yesterday?

That is hilarious about the thorns and blood and spiders. I guess since although I love all things goth, i'm probably just a boring girl, i am loving the different type of labels. I thought the originals were lovely as well, but to have a piece of custom artwork on every label, i am soo in heaven. I would love to see more of the rappuccini's garden type...they are like art deco goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bottle was at the lab though i think someone just showed it to me, it wasn't on the display with that type of label. I have a pic via email of it, but am so technically dumb i don't know how to post it LOL...plus it's a bad pic!

oh and Macha...will we be seeing any of this art on posters/postcards, etc...pretty pulleeaaasseee???

Shadow Witch Orchid, from Rappaccini's Garden:

th_ShadowWitchOrchid.jpg

There's a spider behind the 'H' in Witch, a skull in the bottom right-hand corner, and another halfway down the left-hand side.

Re: Shadow Witch Orchid label....ooooooooooooohhh...SO pretty! It looks like there are a lot of jewel tones in this label, and the spiders...CUTE! I can't wait to get my hands on some RG scents! Amazing label art adds so much to my overall enjoyment of the precioussss...makes it a "whole body" sensual experience.

:P Macha. You ARE the Doodle Goddess.

Thanks for posting the pic, Gin! :D

That is an amazng label-a work of art! Are all the Rap. Garden labels different but still along the same theme? I love the art deco look, very elegant!

No, they're all the same. Since the Rap. Garden series is general catalog, I didn't do individual labels, but rather one label for the series that the Lab could fill in with the title at their whim, as new scents were added or (heaven forbid) discontinued.

Now, question, i have seen a bottle with an elixor type label (heart with daggers just like the others; safari et all) but with a reddish back instead of black....i have no idea what oil this is? Can anyone help?

Corazon, maybe? It had a colored label with an image of the Sacred Heart on it...

It is on the far right in this picture, which someone else posted waaaaaay back toward the beginning of this thread.

Corazon, maybe? It had a colored label with an image of the Sacred Heart on it...

It is on the far right in this picture, which someone else posted waaaaaay back toward the beginning of this thread.

You know what, i think it is? My god you people are fantastic <you people, snicker, snicker - we're our own breed aren't we!>

C'mon, P...You KNOW you want to own a bottle with the new label anyway... :D

Enabler! Enabler! :peek: :D

...and the sad thing is you're right. :D

Penance, it looks JUST like Snake Charmer, but without the Carnaval Noir logo (and obviously it says "Snake Oil")

Thanks, Macha! :P

Ooh, lovely! :D

Thank you!

Macha - lovely lovely Rappaccini's Garden labels!

I'm hoping to fall for one of the new additions that I have imps of. If not, I NEED a pretty labelled bottle, so I may just have to buy a bottle of Black Rose - which is nice but not a huge favourite of mine; still one of the few rose blends I like, so clearly I need to fill the 'rose' gap in my bottle box :P

I saw a photo of Beaver Moon's label on Ebay-I couldn't see what the picture on is was but it's got 'Beaver Moon' written in big chunky red letters on a white background, with a picture (is it the Beaver girl from the t-shirts?) on it.

Someone's already selling Beaver Moon? Wow, that was fast. It doesn't look like the girl from the shirt though. Maybe the pink and black design didn't work so well on a tiny label?

Someone's already selling Beaver Moon? Wow, that was fast. It doesn't look like the girl from the shirt though. Maybe the pink and black design didn't work so well on a tiny label?

Yup, the auction is here. I remember Macha saying she didn't think the t-shirt design would translate well to a label, the length and width were such that too much detail would be lost.

The other thing I'm wondering is about the Rappacini's Garden labels, 'cause the picture above appears to be on a 10ml bottle. I guess the label on a 5ml would have less of the greenery surrounding it? More incentive to make the jump for a 10ml if I find an RG scent that works on me :P

Does anyone know if anything fun and funky is being done for the new GC scents? (The Muses / Come and See?) I mean, when the name of the thing is Death on a Pale Horse, surely there can be only one outcome....?