Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Has anyone got the non-tied Imps yet? Just wondering how they look...

(Red Jezebel and I joked at the weekend that instead of tags the Lab would be getting someone to hand-etch the glass with the name of the scent... but my money is actually on sticky labels :P )

[merged with the other 'what do they look like' thread ~qs]

Edited by quantum spice

They're sticky labels that have been folded around the imp leaving a bit of a 'tag' where they're folded together on one side. :P

They don't look as good as the old imps, but I think I like them better.

They're quite tidy, and there doesn't seem to be that "sinew sucked out the sweetness" smell I get with the ties... but I'll still have to remove them to fit them in my imphouse, because the labels won't work with the floral foam.

Anything that makes the lab folk happier and keeps us supplied with the preciousss is alright by me, baby.

When I get the new imps, I'm planning on using a fine point silver sharpie to put the names on.

FulltiltRed puts nice tiny labels on hers with a nice font.

Boots

The new imps I've seen were in a friend's order, and she 'selfishly' keeps her imps at home after letting me sniff them all once. Therefore I can't take a pic, but I should be getting a May 27th order soon, and I'll post a pic then if you'd still like to see how they look. :P

Here's a pic with some new imps, and some old.

Don't mind the Cult of Ecstasy Trad book ... though .. it's fitting, isn't it?

Imps_09.jpg

Edited by TygherRayn

And what about those gorgeous gothic-looking bottles (the first posted on the Chateau Bizarre website?) Does anyone have those? How do you order them?

And the 1/8 round clear bottle? Is it still avilable? Many thanks!

the 1/8 oz clear bottle might be available by special order.

and unless you're talking about the center blue one here, i have no clue what "gorgous gothic-looking bottle" yer talking about...

Hey Tygher, could you either crop, resize or link that pic rather than posting it? Any pics larger than 480 px wide mess up the forum layout.

And what about those gorgeous gothic-looking bottles (the first posted on the Chateau Bizarre website?) Does anyone have those? How do you order them?

And the 1/8 round clear bottle? Is it still avilable? Many thanks!

I checked out the Chateau Bizarre page, and I think those bottles are both still available if you special order them, but you'd have to check with the Lab for confirmation on that. The 1/8 round clear bottle is in that picture as well.

And Tygher, thanks for posting that pic of the new imps! I still adore the old ones, but anything that makes the Lab's lives easier is okayfine with me!

Well...I thought I saw bottles in a BUST issue. I'm wondering if the perfume comes in a generic bottle or a special magical fancy shmancy bottle. I'm not seeing any BOTTLES. That's okay. I'll still buy some...I GUESS.

In most cases, the BPAL precious comes in simple, generic blue essential oil bottles with pretty labels on them.

I find that it's not so much a matter of what the bottle looks like as it's all about the oils inside -- the blue bottles just do a good job of keeping out the light. :P

There was already a thread about this, back on the second page of the bpal faq area of this board, so I'm merging it.

The search feature will be your friend in the future, yeah?

well, i assume so. my samhain had a wee pumpkin on it and my dia de los muertos had a skull. in fact, i wore dia de los muertos again today. -sniffs shirt-

Have all LE's had their own special labels?  My first LE order is Yule 2004.

I can't speak for last year's Yule LE's, but none of the other LE's from this year (Lunacy, June Gloom, etcetera) have had special labels. The new ones sound cool, though!