Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Hmmm I guess I'm more concerned about oil getting up into the space in between the stopper and the lid and then, when you open it, that oil going all over the place.

I've shot off an email to the lab to check on it because I just went after a few random bottles of mine with a pair of tweezers and the clear part definitely seems to be attached to the black part... I don't think they're supposed to be separate.

Mine do that every once in a while too. They just snap back into place normally.

Anybody have a photo of Snow Whites '12 and '13? I'm thinking about buying one, and since I can't decide on version, I'm thinking of going by label.

Anybody have a photo of Snow Whites '12 and '13? I'm thinking about buying one, and since I can't decide on version, I'm thinking of going by label.

Hm, I can't believe I didn't buy it last year... I have 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. 2011, and 2013.... *scratches head* I think last year was too lean to buy much bpal or something. I can take a photo of 2013 at least. But really, the label looks exactly like the photo that BPAL has on their site next to Snow White.

201311220135219619.jpg

Edited by TwilightEyes

Question, anyone have a picture of the Lantern Ghost of Oiwa label? I vaguely recall it, and was just wondering about the colors. I just got a bottle from 2008 via a swap and am wondering if the label has faded a bit.

Any information on how the labels of the 2004 and 2007 runs of the Celestes differ? I have bottles of Pisces and Capricorn that I'm trying to date. (The labels don't look that different from the bottle of Leo 2007 that I have).

Thanks!

Any information on how the labels of the 2004 and 2007 runs of the Celestes differ? I have bottles of Pisces and Capricorn that I'm trying to date. (The labels don't look that different from the bottle of Leo 2007 that I have).

Thanks!

The Celestials from 2004 were paper and the regular labels that were on the GC like this (Miss Twilight's) and the 2007s look like this (opacity). Does that help? :D

Thanks!

The Celestials from 2004 were paper and the regular labels that were on the GC like this (Miss Twilight's) and the 2007s look like this (opacity). Does that help? :D

That actually helps enormously, since now I know that the bottles I have are from the 2007-2008 run.

Thanks so much!

Hey has anyone noticed that the RPG Dwarf label isn't the same as in the picture on the website? My dwarf appears to be female and I was wondering if all the Dwarf bottles are like that now and the just haven't changed the website. Thanks

Hey has anyone noticed that the RPG Dwarf label isn't the same as in the picture on the website? My dwarf appears to be female and I was wondering if all the Dwarf bottles are like that now and the just haven't changed the website. Thanks

IIRC, all the RPGs have always been available with labels depicting either male or female characters. So, you could either randomly receive a bottle labeled with a male Dwarf or one with a female Dwarf. I would assume that if you wanted a specific gender for a role, like a female Ranger, that you could request a bottle with the female version of the label in the notes section of your order.

Edited by pixelfish

IIRC, all the RPGs have always been available with labels depicting either male or female characters. So, you could either randomly receive a bottle labeled with a male Dwarf or one with a female Dwarf. I would assume that if you wanted a specific gender for a role, like a female Ranger, that you could request a bottle with the female version of the label in the notes section of your order.

Thanks! That's great to know I would prefer female characters and now I know to request them.

Help, I think I've identified almost all the BPAL 13 labels, but I am missing one:

13 2005 (original) - White Label

13 October 2006 - Orange Label

13 April 2007 - Purple Label

13 July 2007 - Green 13, Pink Label

13 June 2008 - Green Label

13 February 2009 - completely black label

13 March 2009 - Deep Red Label

13 November 2009 - MISK Valley - background falling snow, tentacle green 13

13 August 2010 - black/white gothic picture, black 13 on the corner

13 May 2011 - large cutout 13 with roses inside the cutout on black background

13 January 2012 - ???

13 April 2012 - Orange Label, large 13 cutout with sunflowers inside the cutout

13 June 2012 - 13 in white, image of Tyche spinning the wheel

13 September 2013 - black cat and black 13 on orange label

13 December 2013 - has date, 13 with two lovers on a horseshoe

13 June 2014 - floral label, with 13 in red

13 ad Lunam - picture with a black cat and a moon, 13 in white

I need some help identifying this bottle (I figure it's not BPAL, so I hope that's OK!). I received it as part of a purchase, but I can't figure out what it is!

ld5hx.jpg

I got my order from the Lab yesterday and I had purchased an imp of Alice. I ended up getting two imps: one with a plain label that just says "Alice" on the front (and looks like all the other imps), and one with a more decorative image on the front that looks like the image on GC bottles (like this). They smell different - the plain one is more milk and honey forward while the decorative one is spicier. Did I get an aged frimp? I've never gotten an imp that didn't just have text on the front (with the BPAL logo on the back) of the tag. Or do the imps sometimes come with different styles of label and this is the first I've seen of it?

I got my order from the Lab yesterday and I had purchased an imp of Alice. I ended up getting two imps: one with a plain label that just says "Alice" on the front (and looks like all the other imps), and one with a more decorative image on the front that looks like the image on GC bottles (like this). They smell different - the plain one is more milk and honey forward while the decorative one is spicier. Did I get an aged frimp? I've never gotten an imp that didn't just have text on the front (with the BPAL logo on the back) of the tag. Or do the imps sometimes come with different styles of label and this is the first I've seen of it?

Sometimes they do have them in different labels, but typically I've only seen them at cons. At the bpal booth they'll have imps of popular scents with the bottle art on the label attached to cards that list the notes. My guess is that they had extras after NYCC. (:

Sometimes they do have them in different labels, but typically I've only seen them at cons. At the bpal booth they'll have imps of popular scents with the bottle art on the label attached to cards that list the notes. My guess is that they had extras after NYCC. (:

Ah, makes sense. Thanks! :)

As long as it doesn't look like this:

Alice-190x153.jpg

Because then it would be Alice from the Pretty Deadly line (which are not orderable as frimps but are sometimes put on the cards and given away at conventions.)

As long as it doesn't look like this:

Alice-190x153.jpg

Because then it would be Alice from the Pretty Deadly line (which are not orderable as frimps but are sometimes put on the cards and given away at conventions.)

I wish! Alice has tempted me for a while, but there's so much other stuff that I wanted bottles of. Alas, it's regular MTP Alice (which is still pretty yummy).

Does anyone have pictures of the NYCC labels?

Sorry for the poor quality photo but this is my bottle of Lips of Flame. It's 'Adam and Eve' by Lucas Cranach the Elder. I imagine all of the 'Eve's Big Apple' scents had the same labels but I could be wrong.

image_zpsaf844b8f.jpg

Edited by GlowJob