Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Super random...but does anyone have a pic of Sugar Cookie 2012 label? Pretty please!! :wub2:

Someone kindly pm'd me the pic. Thanks ;)

I'm curious about what the labels for the Conjure Bag oils look like. Are they the same as the other GC scents or are they different? :umm: I'm thinking about getting a bottle of Water of Notre Dame and that got me wondering about the labels.

I'm curious about what the labels for the Conjure Bag oils look like. Are they the same as the other GC scents or are they different? :umm: I'm thinking about getting a bottle of Water of Notre Dame and that got me wondering about the labels.

The Conjure Bag oils that I have all just have the regular style GC labels.

Anyone have a pic of the Raspberry Thumbprint Cookie bottle?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it! ;)

Edited by Ichigo

Hello ladies~! B)

I recently(finally!) acquired two bottles of Black Lace and I'm wondering about the lable colours. How come one is black and the other one is green? Is one of these a resurrected edition? Both are vanilla version, although there is some difference in scent - black is little more bitter and uniform.

80091710.jpg

Thank you! :)

Edited by Yanagoya

Quick question, do the snakepits have different labels? I was going through past BPAL etsy sales and Cottonmouth looks a lot different than what the bottles I've been seeing on ebay. The bottles I usually see are hot pink with the snake on the right hand side. This is the BPAL etsy cottonmouth bottle I saw: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/132158804?

I have a similar question about Australian Copperhead. I have two partial bottles that have very different labels (the snakes are on different sides of the bottles, and the snakes themselves are also different). Did the label change? Is one older than the other? Thanks!

I have 2 bottles of Mme. Moriarty that have different labels - one looks like the Snake Pit labels, with the beige-ish background, and the other is darker. I'll try to get a decent picture of them when I get home tonight so you can see :)

Quick question, do the snakepits have different labels? I was going through past BPAL etsy sales and Cottonmouth looks a lot different than what the bottles I've been seeing on ebay. The bottles I usually see are hot pink with the snake on the right hand side. This is the BPAL etsy cottonmouth bottle I saw: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/132158804?

I have a similar question about Australian Copperhead. I have two partial bottles that have very different labels (the snakes are on different sides of the bottles, and the snakes themselves are also different). Did the label change? Is one older than the other? Thanks!

Yup, there are different labels. There was some discussion about this a few pages back. (Page 108 of this thread. For some reason I can't copy a direct link to those posts...)

eta: I don't know which is the newer version, but I'm sure someone else can tell ya!

Edited by Leopard403

Thanks :) I saw the cottonmouth discussion. My Australian copperheads- I am still new enough that I haven't figured out how to post a picture!- one has a multi colored snake on the left side of the label, the other has a coiled green snake on the right side of the label. Anyone know which is which?? Thanks ;)

Thanks :) I saw the cottonmouth discussion. My Australian copperheads- I am still new enough that I haven't figured out how to post a picture!- one has a multi colored snake on the left side of the label, the other has a coiled green snake on the right side of the label. Anyone know which is which?? Thanks ;)

All my bottles of Australian Copperhead are around five years old, and they have this label:

11973876933_1822afb83c_o.jpg

The label itself is not shiny - it's the 'parchment paper' style. Hope that helps!

Okay, here are the 3 Mme. Moriarty bottles I have ... one's a prototype, so I expected it to have a different label. The middle one looks like a faded version of the one on the left (date on the middle one is 7/2010)

11974017834_b28744645f.jpg

Untitled by mermaidsdream, on Flickr

ETA: And all of them smell *DIVINE*

Edited by mermaidsdream

Thank you! sunshinedaisybliss - one of my bottles looks exactly like that, the other has a multi-colored snake on the opposite side of the label. Love the 3 Mme. Moriarity bottles mermaidsdream!

I was able to load a picture of my bottles into my gallery, but not sure how to get it to post here for you to easily view. I am wondering if the colored snake is older or younger?

Thanks all!

Thank you! sunshinedaisybliss - one of my bottles looks exactly like that, the other has a multi-colored snake on the opposite side of the label.

I was able to see the photo by clicking the little 'gallery' button under your avatar in your post :smile:

I'm curious now, too! I know my bottles are pretty old (2008-ish) so I suspect that the coloured snake is younger, but I don't know for sure. I have a vague recollection of the Snake Pit labels being re-done at some stage, with slightly different designs and more colour, but I could be completely wrong about that.

Hopefully someone around here has got a bottle of Australian Copperhead that they bought right back when it first came out, and we'll be able to find out :smile:

PS to put an image into a post, just grab its location (right-click/copy image location) then use the 'insert picture' button inside your post to paste that in. Here's your pic:

med_gallery_64592_809_28719.jpg

Okay, here are the 3 Mme. Moriarty bottles I have ... one's a prototype, so I expected it to have a different label. The middle one looks like a faded version of the one on the left (date on the middle one is 7/2010)

Mermaid, is that proto Misfortune Teller v3 or is that and actually Mme Moriarty proto?!

Mermaid, is that proto Misfortune Teller v3 or is that and actually Mme Moriarty proto?!

It says Misfortune Teller; I always thought they were the same thing (Since it's Mme. Moriarty: Misfortune Teller). Again, the Carnivale went dark before I joined, and they do smell the same ....

Does anyone know whether the clear plastic stopper portion of the bottle lid is supposed to be glued to the black portion of the lid? There is a little black stick that sticks out of the lid that fits into a depression in the clear plastic part, but are they physically attached or just kind of associated via suction?

I ask because I thought I remembered in the past, in dissecting empty bottles, and that clear part was glued to the black part, but in my latest order, I opened three out of 7 bottles to find the clear part just sitting on top of the bottle opening after the black lid was removed. If I tighten the lid down tight, then open it again the clear part stays up in the lid, but obviously if the two arent sealed together I'm wondering how much oil will eventually make it up into that clear stopper which could result in a mess upon opening.

Edited by MCS4096

...but in my latest order, I opened three out of 7 bottles to find the clear part just sitting on top of the bottle opening after the black lid was removed...

I've experienced the same thing with my last few lab orders. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be glued together, as I've not tried to pry apart any of the older "sealed" lids. I considered gluing them together myself, but decided against it. I'd hate to alter or ruin the scent by doing so. Though I'm a little bit worried about the potential for leakage with these bottles, I've noticed that the wandcapped lids are made without the little plastic piece. The wandcapped bottles are known to leak a bit sometimes, but not disastrously so. I'd love to hear suggestions from more experienced BPALers, too.

Hmmm I guess I'm more concerned about oil getting up into the space in between the stopper and the lid and then, when you open it, that oil going all over the place.

I've shot off an email to the lab to check on it because I just went after a few random bottles of mine with a pair of tweezers and the clear part definitely seems to be attached to the black part... I don't think they're supposed to be separate.