Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Which year my Pumpkin V is from. I'm cleaning out my stash and wanted to list it on eBay, but I can't remember what year it's from and it doesn't say on the label!

It's this label, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I don't want to list it as the wrong year.

Thanks so much in advance.

I'm getting confused with the Black Lace labels. :( Which one is this one pictured below? Is it the Res. or the Original?

I'm not sure if you're still interested in this one since stellans already showed her Tattered Lace, but I took a picture the other day of the Lace-family.

f05ae61c.jpg

Got a label question...I know there are a lot of knowledgeable forumites here..here goes:

So, the few BPAL bottles I have are all LE, so they have all the colorful labels on them...I have seen pictures of GC bottles for sale on Ebay and they have the beige like label with the black scroll work around it, Well, I recently got a bottle of Banshee Beat (I know it is a disc. GC scent) but the top of the label on it says, "Space 15 twenty." Can anyone tell me what that means, if anything? I noticed the other GC labels don't have anything printed above the scent name... ??? Thanks for any info guys! :)

Banshee Beat was actually a retail only blend sold out of Urban Outfitters. I don't know what the "space 15 twenty" means but my bottles are from the second release and don't say it so your bottle must be from the original release(score!).

ETA: Lookie what I found!

Located in Los Angeles, Space 15 Twenty is a unique retail setting, which creates an opportunity for Urban Outfitters to collaborate with creative brands that they find inspiring and interesting. Within the 12,690 square foot Urban Outfitters store, they showcase distinctive designers with a new pop-up shop every month. Each store is connected by an outdoor courtyard, which includes a performance space and adjacent gallery, both of which encourage participation in the curated environment. Aligning with local music, film and art venues, the courtyard and gallery present a rotating cast of musicians and artists.

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has created two scents exclusively for Space15Twenty: Sweet Life, a luxurious blend of gardenia, pikaki, ylang ylang, and Casablanca lily, and Banshee Beat, a tousled, sexy mix of patchouli, vanilla, and hemp.

Edited by Mel85

Banshee Beat was actually a retail only blend sold out of Urban Outfitters. I don't know what the "space 15 twenty" means but my bottles are from the second release and don't say it so your bottle must be from the original release(score!).

Located in Los Angeles, Space 15 Twenty is a unique retail setting, which creates an opportunity for Urban Outfitters to collaborate with creative brands that they find inspiring and interesting. Within the 12,690 square foot Urban Outfitters store, they showcase distinctive designers with a new pop-up shop every month. Each store is connected by an outdoor courtyard, which includes a performance space and adjacent gallery, both of which encourage participation in the curated environment. Aligning with local music, film and art venues, the courtyard and gallery present a rotating cast of musicians and artists.

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has created two scents exclusively for Space15Twenty: Sweet Life, a luxurious blend of gardenia, pikaki, ylang ylang, and Casablanca lily, and Banshee Beat, a tousled, sexy mix of patchouli, vanilla, and hemp.

Wow....ok then....thanks for the info!! That is real cool to know!!! As always, I get very nice and helpful people here!! :wub2:

Wow....ok then....thanks for the info!! That is real cool to know!!! As always, I get very nice and helpful people here!! :wub2:

Yep! That was back from when we had to send an email to the person running Space 15 Twenty and beg her to send up a bottle. Sometimes we'd hear back, other times not.. so if people got a hold of a bottle it was a lucky thing :) After it went to the main Urban Outfitters site it was way easier to get.

I'm getting confused with the Black Lace labels. :( Which one is this one pictured below? Is it the Res. or the Original?

I'm not sure if you're still interested in this one since stellans already showed her Tattered Lace, but I took a picture the other day of the Lace-family.

f05ae61c.jpg

Sorry for the late response, this is Blace Lace Res.

And another one of the Lace-family for the recent additions.

f3276dbf.jpg

Hello, all!

This is my first real post on the BPAL forum. I have to admit, while I do own a couple oils I' not really a "fan" per se. But, in the course of my life I've been given a bottle of a prototype (or, at least that's what the label says) formulation of a perfume I've been yet unable to identify. I did some searches and came up with plenty relating to the available perfume "Shoggoth" from the "Picnic in Arkham" collection (I think?) but nothing that seems to describe what I have here.

The label is hand-written and was given to a friend, by someone of *ahem* moderate renown *ahem* at Neil Gaiman's house on the rock party to give to me as a gift.

The label reads "Shoggoth's... The Saloon Bar #1" and other than that I have no ideas.

197733_10151818253870543_632653548_n.jpg

I'm terrible at identifying the notes of perfumes so all I can tell you is that it is vaguely floral but not in an overpowering way - more in a sneaky, smelling lilies in someone's garden two houses away, green, creamy, slightly woodsy way.

I have about a 3/4 full bottle, after spilling about 1/4 of the bottle on my counter trying to take a picture.

Halp?

Thanks ever so much,

sayaka

PS. As I'm new here, and mostly registered because not knowing what this perfume is (or is a prototype of) is driving me crazy, please direct me to the correct subforum if I posted in the wrong place. Thanks again!

Edited by Sayaka

Looks like a prototype for (what I assume to be): Shoggoth's Old Peculiar; it's a Gaiman story with a Lovecraft flavor.

I don't think there's a thread on this in the reviews, so if you're feeling plucky, you should review it in the Unreleased Scents thread!

I have a question, sorry if it has been asked before but ....

Is the artwork on TKO meant to resemble the 3 of Swords card from Tarot or is it a coincidence? I have also seen the same symbol of the heart with three swords in it on other BPAL stuff, it might sound stupid :blush: but what is it's significance? I am interested in Tarot and have a few decks etc so I was just wondering ;)

Saying goodbye to my full set of A Demon in My View bottles :( I "gave up" on completing this a while ago, lucked out on suddenly being able to complete it after all, but oh well needs must be met.

If anyone's curious on the labels (click for larger image):

dimvs.png

Is there a picture somewhere of the January 2012 13? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

No anime labels yet?? *so curious* :lol:

Here you go! :smile:

Those are cute! I've been missing out on so much but at least I get to see the labels. :D Thank you for posting them.

My 13 year old cousin is here with me this summer so any extra $$$ I might have spent on myself is being spent on her so it's worth it because we are having a blast. We are heading back to Hawaiian Falls today so I will just pretend I am swimming in a pool filled with Mouse Circus. :lol: I can't wait until it goes live but also hope that's not for a month so I can re-coop.

No anime labels yet?? *so curious* :lol:

Here you go! :smile:

7602294660_00bc28837e_o.jpg

Lovely!! Thank you! :D

oooh...I just got my latest BPAL order, with Siberian Musk and Eight-Petaled Lotus. I love the single-note labels!

It's just a simple "Brimstone" symbol on a white background - but the brimstone symbol is a different color for each single note. This is so great for those of us who have strong color/scent associations.

I think from now on I will be asking for reports on the upcoming "single note label colors" in will-call threads, because it will give me the best idea of what the scent might be like.

When the year is up, somebody needs to take a photo of all the 2012-2013 single-note bottles lined up by color.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

Anyone have a picture of the Benevolent Triple Conjunction label?!

Anyone?!

Yes ma'am ;)

7988205883_2ef48669dd_o.jpg

Side note.. I hadn't realised it's been so long since that one came out.. May 2011? :thud: I hope this is the one you meant!!

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss