Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Sorry these didn't come out so good, but here's a pic of my five Yules from left to right: The Last Evening of the Year, The Most Magnificent Christmas Tree, A Wonderful Light, Pale Student of Unhallowed Arts and Winter Heavens (I just noticed some of the lettering on these last two is a little faded).

img3196e.jpg

Most of my labels are a little fuzzy on the lettering and fine detail. I suspect the print-splosion has something to do with this. Still pretty, though. :)

CEpyj.jpg

From left to right: Snow White, Beautiful and Adored, Amiable and Lovely Creatures, In Brightness and In Joy, Ondurdis, Cloth of Gold, Pink Snowballs

32Mq7.jpg

Different lighting for the three faintest labels.. Cloth of Gold, Pink Snowballs, Ondurdis.

And I have closeups of all of the above in an album if you want to see them individually.

Pumpkin Masal Rooibos is adorable!!! Is that.. is that a polar bear wearing oven mitts? And an apron? An angry, baking polar bear?

I know hey, now I really want a bottle! I thought he was wearing boxing gloves!00000288.gif

It wasn't a lab listing, but I did just win an Ebay auction for a 5ml bottle of Aged Eat Me! :thud:

I LOVE eat me when it's fresh, I can only imagine how magnificent it will be aged! This was someone's backup bottle they decided they didn't need...and it's full! It has the old Label. I am wondering, would anyone be able to guess what year it was from by the label? :wub2:

any guesses?

bpalEatMe.jpg

Edited by sharkdiver

What is that on MAISON EN PAIN D'ÉPICES? It looks like an old sanitarium, but that can't be right, can it?

It looks kind of like a Victorian-style mansion.

Edited by TheIceMaiden

I am wondering, would anyone be able to guess what year it was from by the label? :wub2:

I haven't been into BPAL long enough to know if there was any overlap between the use of the new and old style labels, but one of the blends I have, Severin, was disconned in '09 and has the new-style label, so I'd guess your Eat Me has to be at least two years old.

ETA: Your bottle can't be more than 6 years old, though, because the lab was still using Cobalt bottles then.

Edited by kirsten

I am wondering, would anyone be able to guess what year it was from by the label? :wub2:

I haven't been into BPAL long enough to know if there was any overlap between the use of the new and old style labels, but one of the blends I have, Severin, was disconned in '09 and has the new-style label, so I'd guess your Eat Me has to be at least two years old.

ETA: Your bottle can't be more than 6 years old, though, because the lab was still using Cobalt bottles then.

Thanks!!

Knows Perfume got their shipment in so I added some of the labels of Yule Sprays/Bath Oils, a couple of Puddin's, and the Anniversary Phoenix bottles over on the flickr pool.

Thank you for posting the Anniversay Phoenix bottles! I ordered all five and I can't wait for them to arrive!

I love the Phoenix labels! And the Winter Fairy on a polar bear is really cute...and that little sadface snowman in the Silent Forest!

Edited by yeahbutnobut

The amber bottles have been around since I started buying in 2004-2005, though they used to be rare to get one, especially on GC blends. Eat Me was released in 2006, it could be as old as that, I know I got amber bottles in 2006.

any guesses?

bpalEatMe.jpg

sharkdiver - that looks like the same style label and bottle as my GCs that I bought in early 2007, so my guess would be that your bottle is a vintage of somewhere around 2006/2007 - maybe even 2008. It's definitely at least a couple of years old though :thumbsup:

I love the Phoenix labels! And the Winter Fairy on a polar bear is really cute...and that little sadface snowman in the Silent Forest!

He looks like a yeti! I NEED the new bath oils. I was sad Seattle didn't get Hockey urchin.

any guesses?

bpalEatMe.jpg

sharkdiver - that looks like the same style label and bottle as my GCs that I bought in early 2007, so my guess would be that your bottle is a vintage of somewhere around 2006/2007 - maybe even 2008. It's definitely at least a couple of years old though :thumbsup:

Awesome!! I can't wait to get my hands on it...I've only ever smelled/used lab fresh eat me...I can't imagine how divine aged Eat me will be!

I am curious about something...maybe someone can clarify! Being kind of new to BPAL and having a few bottles..a while ago I swapped for a Snow White 2007 (love it BTW!!) and I recently swapped for another one from 2007, but both labels are different? Why would that be? They have the same year printed...I would just assume same year, same label art! :think:

I am curious about something...maybe someone can clarify! Being kind of new to BPAL and having a few bottles..a while ago I swapped for a Snow White 2007 (love it BTW!!) and I recently swapped for another one from 2007, but both labels are different? Why would that be? They have the same year printed...I would just assume same year, same label art! :think:

A lot of the 2007 bottles had 2 different labels. A "scroll" label and a picture label. I have quite a few of them in my bpal flickr gallery.

Here's an example of the "Mirror Mirror" set from 2007 - two of bottles had the pictures and one is just the scroll label:

2779324081_c36128a5d5.jpg

A lot of the 2007 bottles had 2 different labels. A "scroll" label and a picture label. I have quite a few of them in my bpal flickr gallery.

Here's an example of the "Mirror Mirror" set from 2007 - two of bottles had the pictures and one is just the scroll label:

2779324081_c36128a5d5.jpg

Ahh...ok! Thanks!! Just was curious!! That is the Snow White label I have that you have pictured and the scroll one as well... :)