Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Here's a good picture of a 5ml bottle. Where it's blurred is where the name of the oil would be.

What is the diameter of the bottles for the 5ml? Is it the same for 10ml?

I noticed in some peoples photographs in the storage thread, blue bottles with a fancy lid, and what looked like tags made of sealing wax. Are these special edition scents, a certain line of scents, or an old-style bottle? I found them to be very pretty.

Edited by MartyGreene

Here's a good picture of a 5ml bottle. Where it's blurred is where the name of the oil would be.

What is the diameter of the bottles for the 5ml? Is it the same for 10ml?

I noticed in some peoples photographs in the storage thread, blue bottles with a fancy lid, and what looked like tags made of sealing wax. Are these special edition scents, a certain line of scents, or an old-style bottle? I found them to be very pretty.

I believe that the diameter of the bottles for the 5ml & 10ml are the same but I don't have a ruler handy sorry :P

As for the sealed tag bottles...back in...I think maybe July Beth made a special blend called Formula 54. It was available to forum members only and only 54 bottles were made because the components were uber expensive. The price was ...I think $42US and they came in those special bottles with a fancy lid & sealing wax. They were 5mls.

I believe that the diameter of the bottles for the 5ml & 10ml are the same but I don't have a ruler handy sorry 

They are actually EEEEVER so slightly wider. A millimeter or so at most. They're also taller. The only reason I know this is that my one 10ml doesn't line up with the 5ml's properly in the box :P

Yeah, the 10 has a slightly larger diameter than the 5. Proof to this? I have both, and a 10 ml cap will screw onto a 5ml body, but the reverse doesn't work. A 5 ml cap doesn't want to screw into a 10 ml body. Definately different. And now my Severin smells vaguely like Fennris wolf, and vice versa.

Hmnn. I just said screw a lot.

Anyhow. Anyone ever use a fancy bottle? I like the one below, as a guy, though, well probably shouldn't have elaborate perfume oil bottles about. Enough that I have my box of BPAL. I didn't get the fourmula fifty-iforget-the-number. But look at below, isn't it pretty? Doesn't say, though, how big it is... Lord to get a gallon of DeSade? I'd have to wait for years.

Someday, if I get a girlfriend, and can determine a BPAL she loves, I'll work a year in advance, and deliver a known scent in a pretty bottle, and won't that be nice? I imagine if I ask them nicely the lab would fill a arty bottle.

http://www.mesart.com/artwork.jsp.que.artwork.eq.3513.shtml

Anyhow. Anyone ever use a fancy bottle? I like the one below, as a guy, though, well probably shouldn't have elaborate perfume oil bottles about. Enough that I have my box of BPAL. I didn't get the fourmula fifty-iforget-the-number. But look at below, isn't it pretty? Doesn't say, though, how big it is... Lord to get a gallon of DeSade? I'd have to wait for years.

http://www.mesart.com/artwork.jsp.que.artwork.eq.3513.shtml

Pshaw. It's a very nice bottle. Pretty, but not overly girly. And trust me, it's far nicer to have a guy who pays some sort of attention to how he smells, instead of some guy who is too macho to like, bathe.

-Rae

Question...

Are the limited edition bottles different from the regular 5ml bottles?

I just ordered my first LE today, but I'm dying of curiosity. :P

Speaking of labels, is there any way we could start a little compilation of the different label pictures? :P I just read that The Living Flame has a cute picture on the label, and I would so love to see all the others too (like Samhain).

The LEs I have and the border descriptions:

Spooky - blue trim with little blue symbol

Egg Nog - brown trim with what looks like a black & white flaming heart

Storm Moon - gray trim with crescent

If anyone would like to start a little picture collection, are these different enough for me to take pics of?

If anyone would like to start a little picture collection, are these different enough for me to take pics of?

Oh, please?? :D That would be so cute, i love the symbols on the bottles, like the pumkin on Shamhain, sooo cute :P

I didn't take a proper look at my Spooky bottle...will do tonight

Edited by quinkel

I liked the wee skull on sugar skull.

Sadly, no digital camera (and I swapped SS away, so it wouldn't be much of a point anyway).

Edited by Tesseljoan

I thought I'd bump this back up because of The Living Flame labels. I was wondering if there were any other LE that had different labels... :P And now I know!

Edited by aurianrose

I liked the wee skull on sugar skull.

Sadly, no digital camera (and I swapped SS away, so it wouldn't be much of a point anyway).

Aw yes, my bottle of Sugar Skull is sooo cute! I should be receiving Dead Man's hand any day soon- anyone know if that has a cute 'lil piccie too? I'm wondering if it might have a playing card symbol.

I thought I'd bump this back up because of The Living Flame labels.  I was wondering if there were any other LE that had different labels...  :P  And now I know!

They are snazzy aren't they? I saw the red peeping through the bubble wrap and was momentarily confused.

I thought I'd bump this back up because of The Living Flame labels.  I was wondering if there were any other LE that had different labels...  :P  And now I know!

My bottle of Corazon has a label with a Sacred Heart on it. Nothing else- no name or anything. I was a bit confused when I got it (all of the other Oblation blends I've bought have the standard labels)

Living Flame has a special label? Ooh, I want to see it! What's it look like?

EDIT: The forum is possessed, apparently. :P

Edited by Penance

Living Flame has a special label?  Ooh, I want to see it!  What's it look like?

What the heck? I only typed that in once... :P :D

::Whistles Twilight Zone music::

That's downright bizarre. :D

I have a rather poor photo of the label of The Living Flame.

Do I need to post a spoiler alert warning? :P

1d8d36c2.jpg

I have a better photo but have to wait until my camera is done charging to upload it. :D

Edited to add better photo:

flame.jpg

Edited by Gin

QSpice said DMH had a normal label, dunno if it's got a special little symbol, but no TLF-like label for DMH..

:P