Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Anyone have pics of the BPTP Inquistion labels?

There are inquisition pics just a couple posts back in this thread.

I covet the NYCC exclusives, especially the room sprays and the Elephantine one...

Does anyone have photo's of the older BPTP babydoll shirts? I am really curious how they all look like, and need to know which ones I have to hunt down ;).

Anyone have pics of the BPTP Inquistion labels?

The inquisition sets, as well as some of the Halloween stuff! :D

bpal+inquisition.png

bpal+halloween.png

Does anyone have photo's of the older BPTP babydoll shirts? I am really curious how they all look like, and need to know which ones I have to hunt down ;).

How much older are you looking for?

Most of the graphics are still visible if you go to the "new" section at the Black Phoenix Trading Post. Looks like it goes back to at least October 2006!

Question about an old label: I have an amber bottle with the older style black label with a blue border. Any ideas what year that is?

Which scent is it? Are you talking about a GC?

Question about an old label: I have an amber bottle with the older style black label with a blue border. Any ideas what year that is?

Defututa, GC.

Defututa, GC.

I have a lot of GC's from 06 and beyond and they are all amber bottles. Not sure when the lab switched over though.

I think they switched to the amber bottles around the beginning/middle of 06. My first order was late 05 and the bottles were cobalt, and my second order was when the 06 halloweenies went up and all the bottles were amber. There was some time in between there where they used both. They had to switch to the amber ones because the blue ones weren't consistently ok. I think they switched to the new GC label at the end of 09. Is the label glossy or the old paper ones? If it's glossy, I'd say it's between mid 06 to late 09 which really doesn't help much. If it's papery I'd say it was mid to late 06 when they were switching over. They started using the glossy labels then and were still in the awkward bottle phase.

Hopefully that makes some sense and might help.

Anyone correct me if I have my dates wrong!

My bottle of Kitsune-Tsuki was amber glass with the blue border label. I purchased that in Jan 2009 I believe. I have swapped it off since then, but I think that is the style that you are talking about. My next bottle was Whip, which I think I purchased a month later, and that has the GC label that is current.

I think they switched to the amber bottles around the beginning/middle of 06. My first order was late 05 and the bottles were cobalt, and my second order was when the 06 halloweenies went up and all the bottles were amber. There was some time in between there where they used both. They had to switch to the amber ones because the blue ones weren't consistently ok. I think they switched to the new GC label at the end of 09. Is the label glossy or the old paper ones? If it's glossy, I'd say it's between mid 06 to late 09 which really doesn't help much. If it's papery I'd say it was mid to late 06 when they were switching over. They started using the glossy labels then and were still in the awkward bottle phase.

Reviews for Defututa started in Jan '08, so if the new labels came out in '09, that narrows it down to either '08 or '09.

Reviews for Defututa started in Jan '08, so if the new labels came out in '09, that narrows it down to either '08 or '09.

Thank you both. :D

Heya! I own 2 bottles of Pink Phoenix and I just saw a third for sale. However they posted a picture of the bottle and the label looks nothing at all like the ones I own. Is that normal? I'm kinda confused as to whether it's been re-decanted or whatever, since my old bottles are also the cobalt ones and this one is amber.

Heya! I own 2 bottles of Pink Phoenix and I just saw a third for sale. However they posted a picture of the bottle and the label looks nothing at all like the ones I own. Is that normal? I'm kinda confused as to whether it's been re-decanted or whatever, since my old bottles are also the cobalt ones and this one is amber.

Is the third a Vintage label and amber bottle?

original Pink Phoenix

Pink Phoenix was available at the Trunk Show on November 29, 2009

Trunk Show list

That is probably the difference in the bottles. My Google-fu is fail for pictures of the Vintage

Is the third a Vintage label and amber bottle?

original Pink Phoenix

Pink Phoenix was available at the Trunk Show on November 29, 2009

Trunk Show list

That is probably the difference in the bottles. My Google-fu is fail for pictures of the Vintage

That's the one! Thankyou! :D

Photo416.jpg

Slightly blurry Herr Drosselmeyer 2010.

Any other 2010 Yule bottle pictures yet? I'm curious!

Oh that's a cool looking label! Sadly Herr Dross never worked for me ... it was pure BO and I'd never experianced that before with a perfume. yuck!

I hope more people post label pics. I love looking at them.

I just got a CNS for the first half of my decant circle; I'll post photos once I get the bottles! Probably on Friday!

Okay, I'm hoping you guys can help me out on this one.

How do we know the difference between the picnic in arkham bottles and the original ones that were released as LE? I have a few that say picnic in arkham, but I also have one that's just like the arkham gc label, but without the picnic in arkham at the bottom. It's a glossy label though, so it doesn''t seem like it could be old enough to be the original. When they were first released to GC, was the picnic in arkham omitted, or did I somehow just score an original bottle of shub?

Hope that makes sense, I can post pics if I need to.

How do we know the difference between the picnic in arkham bottles and the original ones that were released as LE? I have a few that say picnic in arkham, but I also have one that's just like the arkham gc label, but without the picnic in arkham at the bottom. It's a glossy label though, so it doesn''t seem like it could be old enough to be the original. When they were first released to GC, was the picnic in arkham omitted, or did I somehow just score an original bottle of shub?

I have a bottle of Shub from 2009 that doesn't say Picnic in Arkham:

3473968679_6c5cab5530_m.jpg

I could look at Knows Perfume's stock when I'm there Sunday to see if theirs omits "Picnic in Arkham" or not?

Got my first Yule order last night and uploaded photos today to the BPAL Fiends Pool on Flickr.

If you have a flickr account, please feel free to join this group and add your bpal related photos!

I haven't organized them in my own photostream yet. I've been up since 1pm Thursday... thinking it might finally be time to sleep.

I have a bottle of Shub from 2009 that doesn't say Picnic in Arkham:

3473968679_6c5cab5530_m.jpg

I could look at Knows Perfume's stock when I'm there Sunday to see if theirs omits "Picnic in Arkham" or not?

Hmmmm . . . That's exactly what my bottle looks like. Guess I'll just have to order some from the lab and see if it smells different! Whatever it is, I'm in love.

Got my first Yule order last night and uploaded photos today to the BPAL Fiends Pool on Flickr.

If you have a flickr account, please feel free to join this group and add your bpal related photos!

I haven't organized them in my own photostream yet. I've been up since 1pm Thursday... thinking it might finally be time to sleep.

Thank you so much! They're all so wonderful.