Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Black Death and Black Heart have such awesome artwork! I am stoked to get Black Heart, and i may get a bottle of Black Death too, just for the gorgeous label!

question: is the new black lace label different to the old one? =)

My bottle looks just like the one in TwilightEyes Flicker and I think hers is the original.

Edited by beachbabealways

thanks for that! i have black lace already, but the label art for the new black perfumes is GORGEOUS and i was having a panic that i wouldn't have matching labels...LOL. (yes, i am a weirdo...)

thanks for that! i have black lace already, but the label art for the new black perfumes is GORGEOUS and i was having a panic that i wouldn't have matching labels...LOL. (yes, i am a weirdo...)

Oh, rereading this, I think I misunderstood. Nevermind! :lol:

Edited by bluberyapulsaus

I looked at the Museum's web site and could never find it (they do have Shrunken Heads!) and since I didn't CALL them to get any perfume.... no, I didn't get any. *weep*

My original Black Lace label is a different color, darker blue. The new Black Lace label is the same design but more of a teal blue.

I looked at the Museum's web site and could never find it (they do have Shrunken Heads!) and since I didn't CALL them to get any perfume.... no, I didn't get any. *weep*

My original Black Lace label is a different color, darker blue. The new Black Lace label is the same design but more of a teal blue.

Somebody on LJ said (after talking on the phone to the museum shop) that they will be getting a new stock in soon! w00t! Evidently, they'd never experienced such a rush of interest in anything they sell, LOL! Welcome to BPAL fandom!

Yeah, I agree my label is a teal blue.

Somebody on LJ said (after talking on the phone to the museum shop) that they will be getting a new stock in soon! w00t! Evidently, they'd never experienced such a rush of interest in anything they sell, LOL! Welcome to BPAL fandom!

Oh, I hope so! I was one of the internet orders that got an email an hour later that they had sold out from phone orders. Hopefully Ü will be winging its way to all of us very soon. :D

Oh, I hope so! I was one of the internet orders that got an email an hour later that they had sold out from phone orders. Hopefully Ü will be winging its way to all of us very soon. :D

Per wickedgoddess on Twitter:

U has shipped out to @MutterMuseum; should be back in stock by end of week. #BPAL

U from the Mutter Museum

&

Cthulu in Love

I'll take pics of Banshee Beat and Sweet Life as soon as those bottles arrive. Is anyone jonesing for any other bottles while I have my camera out and photoshop open? :)

Also, if anyone knows how to do the code so that images actually display in the post, and could enlighten me, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks for sharing, fairnymph! I like the U one, that's very stylish.

As for putting the code in your actual posting, you need to go to the webpage where your photo is - copy the URL and then come back here, click the little button that looks like it has a picture in it (is everyone's layout the same? for me it's the 7th button from the left above the text space, to the right of the emoticon button - see below) - that will open up a little box where you can paste in the URL (image location) - click OK and you're done!

4323608925_ea13f4d357_o.jpg

If you want to go back and edit your post to do that, you'll need to choose 'Full edit' from the drop-down options so that you get the toolbar with the buttons you need :smile:

Thanks for sharing, fairnymph! I like the U one, that's very stylish.

As for putting the code in your actual posting, you need to go to the webpage where your photo is - copy the URL and then come back here, click the little button that looks like it has a picture in it (is everyone's layout the same? for me it's the 7th button from the left above the text space, to the right of the emoticon button - see below) - that will open up a little box where you can paste in the URL (image location) - click OK and you're done!

4323608925_ea13f4d357_o.jpg

If you want to go back and edit your post to do that, you'll need to choose 'Full edit' from the drop-down options so that you get the toolbar with the buttons you need :smile:

Yeah, I tried that and it doesn't work, it gives me an error saying that the url needs to end with .gif and my image URLs don't. And they're jpegs. :(

But thanks for trying! :kiss:

ETA: I think maybe it's cause my pics don't end in .jpg either, but....I use LJ to host my pics and I would like to continue doing so, and LJ's pic urls simply don't end in .jpg. Also I believe I have tried to post images in that format before (when they did end in .jpg) and it still didn't work. I've modded forums and post on many, many forums in a variety of codes and this is the only forum that won't let me post pics!

:cry2:

Edited by fairnymph

Well poop! I think you're right.. this forum is very picky about its images.. the lack of .jpg is probably the issue.

Never mind - they're only a click away! Thanks for sharing them :hug:

U from the Mutter Museum

&

Cthulu in Love

I'll take pics of Banshee Beat and Sweet Life as soon as those bottles arrive. Is anyone jonesing for any other bottles while I have my camera out and photoshop open? :)

Also, if anyone knows how to do the code so that images actually display in the post, and could enlighten me, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks for the pic of U ... for me all I see is a huge ass smiley. lol. :D I can't wait to get my bottle from U. :hug:

I have to admit....I want naked menz on my Ode To Ares bottles, just like the Odes from last year w/naked ladies! Oh well, it's what's inside that counts most, right??

Naked menz ... oh yes please! lol. Now my husband might not like that but since he get's to look at all of the Naked women on Odes last year I'd say bring it on. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. ;) Heck the label doesn't even have to have a face just make them firm and hunky! What say you Beth? :lol:

You could try hosting on flickr. Flickr is free. (of course you can only host 200 photos at a time...)

I have to admit....I want naked menz on my Ode To Ares bottles, just like the Odes from last year w/naked ladies! Oh well, it's what's inside that counts most, right??

Naked menz ... oh yes please! lol. Now my husband might not like that but since he get's to look at all of the Naked women on Odes last year I'd say bring it on. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. ;) Heck the label doesn't even have to have a face just make them firm and hunky! What say you Beth? :lol:

Well......Glukuprikos is not my favorite scent, but I kept my partial bottle mainly because of the guy's cute butt on the label! :twisted:

I wanted to use images of menfolk for the Ode to Ares, but there wasn't enough vintage boy booty to go around. :cry:

I wanted to use images of menfolk for the Ode to Ares, but there wasn't enough vintage boy booty to go around. :cry:

Aw, don't be sad! I'm sure you've developed some great label art. Vintage boy booty would have been nice but I bet you came up with a great alternative. *squirms with excitement*