Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Weighing on the old vs new - I also much prefer the new labels. The old version was nice, but I find the new ones are gorgeous. They really look like old-timey apothecary bottles, and I love the border and the lettering. Plus, as was already mentioned, the sepia tones really fit the amber bottles, much more so that the black-on-white of the old labels.

Personally, that's what I don't like. All the trendy companies over here go for that look, so it makes them look so common to me.

But, hey, I've always strongly disliked A LOT of the Limited Editions labels (esp. the CD ones) and it doesn't stop me from loving the perfume, so it doesn't matter all that much.

I have two cents also: I think the old label fits the cobalt bottles very well, but the new one is much better on the amber bottles. I think the lab made a wise decision.

eeeh, I really liked the old labels :( the new ones are fine, I'm just not excited about them -- and when it comes time to replace my GC bottles I"m definitely going to seek out old-label bottles before I order them from the lab.

Can someone please help me out by explaining the difference between MB Bigger critters with the 'critter label' from the Trading Post that came with the critter, and the bottle with the GC-type label? As far as I understand it the scent is the same, but I have a bottle of the GC type label and wondering why it was released differently to the other bottles?

Thanks so much!! :wub2:

Does anyone have pictures of the Who Killed Amanda Palmer (WKAP) series? I specifically need Conservatory Tableaux, Joyeux Noel, Unexpected Golf Hazard. Thanks!

Can someone please help me out by explaining the difference between MB Bigger critters with the 'critter label' from the Trading Post that came with the critter, and the bottle with the GC-type label? As far as I understand it the scent is the same, but I have a bottle of the GC type label and wondering why it was released differently to the other bottles?

Here is the BPTP announcement from 4/07 which talks about the labels -

Forum-only monsters! Keep your imps and bottles protected from closet, underbed, and underpants beasts with these derranged plush critters! Each BPAL-themed Critter stands between 8"-14" tall, and all of them have a pocket emblazoned with the BPAL Brimstone Logo for keeping your perfume safe and snug! Each comes with a 5ml bottle of Monster Bait: biggerCritters -- a deceptively sweet scent; just like the Critters themselves, the perfume is fluffy, poofy, soft, snuggly, and googly! Five vanillas with Moroccan jasmine, white gardenia, and pink grapefruit. The bottles that accompany the Critters have a grr’specially kyoot label, designed by Jennifer Williamson. In one month’s time, the perfume, Monster Bait: biggerCritters, will be made available to members of the bpal.org forum through Black Phoenix Trading Post with a standard BPAL general catalogue label. Truly unique creations by biggerCritters in conjunction with Black Phoenix Trading Post and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. $65.00US each, sold on a first-dibs basis.

Here is the BPTP announcement from 4/07 which talks about the labels -

snip for space

Also IIRC most people said that the batch of bottles that came with the critters were slightly more floral in scent while the batch of bottles that were sold without the critters were slightly more creamy in scent.

Does anyone have pictures of the Who Killed Amanda Palmer (WKAP) series? I specifically need Conservatory Tableaux, Joyeux Noel, Unexpected Golf Hazard. Thanks!

Not sure if you wanted bottle pics or just the label art, but here are the bottle pics I have:

3975520626_00394eb550_m.jpg3975519128_10aa0d7863_m.jpg 3974755993_213082aed0_m.jpg

Not sure if you wanted bottle pics or just the label art, but here are the bottle pics I have:

3975520626_00394eb550_m.jpg3975519128_10aa0d7863_m.jpg 3974755993_213082aed0_m.jpg

I should have been more specific...label art, as I need to make icons. :)

Any pictures of the Yule labels yet?

I received Ded Moroz today but I don't have a camera with me. :(

It's a red, yellow and black label. It has Grandfather Frost standing on the right watching the devil take away a man and woman.

Yules/District Photos? :beg:

I too do not have my digital camera with me, so here's hoping I do an okay job describing the bottles.

Snow White 2009: The label is red, with a black silhouette style imp/devil chasing after a young woman while holding a pitchfork. I get the impression that she's running for her life because her skirts are really kicked up and the imp has a nasty smile on his face.

The Fruit of Paradise 2009: The label is white. A young girl appears to be eating some kind of fruit while bending over a large box as this cute, little fuzzy devil watches her. I can't tell if the devil is harmless or if he's got some nasty mischief in mind. For some reason, the girl is creeping me out . . . like she knows she's doing wrong and is reveling in that fact.

Both labels have a kind of old-timey feel, as though the drawings are from the turn of the century or from the 1910s. Really nice and big kudos to whoever designed them! I like this darker Yuletide aspect!

(Edited because my brain farted and took out half my grammar skills with it.)

Edited by Kejiaron

Here are some of the Yules :) :

The Adoration of the Mi-Go

Ded Moroz

Midnight Mass 2009

Snow White 2009

Joulumuori

Now Winter Nights Enlarge

Pink Snowballs

Mother Shubs Pfancy Pfefferneusse

Pic.

Pic.

Edited by Andra
Images too large, changed to links

cfrancesca, thanks so much! Great shots. :D

OMG, now I want ALLL the Yuletide Faire labels and a bottle of Ded Moroz. Maybe my decant will be unbelievable. <3

the 13 label art is AWESOME! i'm glad i picked up a partial bottle, coz i'm keeping it even if the perfume doesn't work out. ^-^

also i'm really loving the xmas labels. i'm wondering though, why is pink snowballs so different? all the other xmas (non miskatonic) labels seem to have the same style, except pink snowballs. please tell me this isn't like the vampires with two different label styles for everything......>.<

I got my Yules today and it had the same label as the one in the photo, which also matches a description post above. And my Snowflakes bottle was the same kind of look as the Snow White label... so I dont think there are multiple labels for the yules. Maybe Pink Snowballs is a mutant with a unique label? :lol:

the 13 label art is AWESOME! i'm glad i picked up a partial bottle, coz i'm keeping it even if the perfume doesn't work out. ^-^

also i'm really loving the xmas labels. i'm wondering though, why is pink snowballs so different? all the other xmas (non miskatonic) labels seem to have the same style, except pink snowballs. please tell me this isn't like the vampires with two different label styles for everything......>.<

The Yule label theme is All Krampus, All the Time. :lol: The Pink Snowballs label is also Krampus-themed; some of the Krampus'ee labels don't have red backgrounds, is all. =)

Glad you guys like them! I had a lot of fun making the Krampus ones, and Julie did an amazing job with the Miskatonic Valley artwork!

The Yule label theme is All Krampus, All the Time. :lol: The Pink Snowballs label is also Krampus-themed; some of the Krampus'ee labels don't have red backgrounds, is all. =)

Glad you guys like them! I had a lot of fun making the Krampus ones, and Julie did an amazing job with the Miskatonic Valley artwork!

Oh, I love the Krampus theme! The labels look great, makes me want to get every bottle just for the labels.

Krampus rules! You guys did a great job. I mega love the Krampus and Lovecraft themes this year :)

Here are some more Yules! :D

• JOULUMUORI
  • SLEIPNIR
  • MOTHER SHUB'S SPICED LAIT DE CHÈVRE
  • MOTHER SHUB'S PFANCY PFEFFERNEUSSE
  • MOTHER SHUB'S TOOTHSOME BANKETSTAAF
  • MASON & JENKIN'S PORT JELLY
  • PET MAGAH BIRD

Picture2-7.png

Picture3-10.png

Picture4-10.png