Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

The more colors they add to a tee, the more exponentially expensive it gets, which is why they try to limit those designs to one or two ink colors - that's probably why they were able to be more creative with color on the label. Not that lots of color on the lunacy tees wouldn't be fun but Ted & co. want to keep them within a more affordable price range. :D

Does anyone have pictures of the new BPTP Halloween stuff, like from the Lucy Westenra line?

Here's Lucy In Darkness & Barmbrack spray and The Last Squished Jelly Bean:

de4lrp.jpg

Does TKO have the same kind of label as GRR! OOF! etc?

TKO has the Triple Dagger:

3454214150_2339d8dfc0_m.jpg

Edited by angelicruin

Bumping this:

Ah ha! So, this was the lone post of mine that was spit out of the Universe like a watermelon seed! (Being basically a lurker has it’s advantages. I can pretty much remember what I posted when it vanishes into the ethers.)

:think: OK, let’s see if I really can remember what I said:

Lookie, lookie!

New Imp Label Logo Change Alert!

The Macha designed image that appears on bottles of Red, Pink & Black Phoenix is now the logo on the back of imp labels. My latest imp of Somnus had it. (Sorry for the crappy pic. :blush: My camera has been dying a slow death.)

New on the left, old on the right. (Yes, I’m Mistress of the Obvious, why do you ask?)

BPALimps.jpg

Ta Da! B)

.....Because I have a few of those older ones, and I was wondering just how old they really were. Good to know!

So i guess i'm wondering if anyone has color labels for any of the other Vamps, especially Clarimonde.

Here's Clarimonde's color label:

2iuyhkw.jpg

So i guess i'm wondering if anyone has color labels for any of the other Vamps, especially Clarimonde.

Here's Clarimonde's color label:

2iuyhkw.jpg

Ooo! That one is lovely! I kinda want all the color vamp bottles just for the label art, even though i know i'd hate some of the scents.

Does anyone have pictures of the new BPTP Halloween stuff, like from the Lucy Westenra line?

Here's the rest of the Lucy Westerna line plus Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil from BPTP!

img0571h.jpg

Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil and my goodies and toys from BPTP-

img0578v.jpg

Pretty...

img0573r.jpg

Love the bottle art :lovestruck:

Hello!

Can you help me? This thread is so huge and I am a little confused. Here is the story:

It has been a long time since I last bought a GC bottle directly from the lab. Has the lab changed the standard GC labels??? All the GC bottles I have have the old standard label that has been around since the dawn of BPAL. (The second page of this thread has a pic with many bottles with that standard label but I am sure you know what I mean) Except for Rappacini's Garden, Ars Draconis, Neil Gaiman, etc...

Now I just found a few interesting auctons for GC bottles on e-bay.de

Look, here is one: http://cgi.ebay.de/BPAL-Anne-Bonny-5ml-Par...=item35a45d8dda

It looks totally different. Is something wrong with these bottles (that seller has many more listed and they all look like that) or did the lab change the GC label art and I totally slept through the process?

^^ IM, that's the most recent standard GC label. That's been in use at least since Feb. '09 (earlier this year) as that's what I got with my first lab order.

What's the kind of label you'd previously seen?

Oh, I had absolutely no idea the GC labels had changed... I keep postponing buying GC because there are so many LE I always want!

Mmh, I liked the old labels much more.

I third the approval of the new sepia old-fashioned appearance of the labels! They do go with the amber bottles better, but I like the old labels with the cobalt bottles too.

I third the approval of the new sepia old-fashioned appearance of the labels! They do go with the amber bottles better, but I like the old labels with the cobalt bottles too.

Hmm. Maybe they look better when you have them in front of you than in the picture. I hope to find out soon ;)

Weighing on the old vs new - I also much prefer the new labels. The old version was nice, but I find the new ones are gorgeous. They really look like old-timey apothecary bottles, and I love the border and the lettering. Plus, as was already mentioned, the sepia tones really fit the amber bottles, much more so that the black-on-white of the old labels.

A pic for comparison value:

DSC05048.jpg

I really love the new ones, too. Of course, they were the first ones I was exposed to...but nevertheless, I prefer the design and the general feel of the new ones. Especially the font for "hand blended perfume oil." It looks like someone took a quill to parchment, and I just can't resist that.