Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Ahhhhh! The labels keep getting more and more beautiful and creative with every release! :thud:

Agreed!

Half the time I feel like I'm collecting as much for the bottle art as for the scent itself! Case in point - I wasn't going to order the Summer Blockbuster blends and just resolved to ignore its existence. But then I saw the art and HAD to go back to the descriptions, which sounded just awesome, and then the reviews and...yeah. :blush:

I love how colourful the labels are this time round-the deliciously garish shades of the garden ornaments and the fiery orange with black of Labores, and the vivid ancient designs of Feast of the Greatly Revered Ones and Season of Inundation are wonderful!

I love how colourful the labels are this time round-the deliciously garish shades of the garden ornaments and the fiery orange with black of Labores, and the vivid ancient designs of Feast of the Greatly Revered Ones and Season of Inundation are wonderful!

I know! Such lovely summer colors!

I just got my DD Dolce Stil Nuovo with "vintage 2007" label and now I'm curious -- does anyone have a picture of the original? I searched here and at Flickr, but couldn't find one...

I wonder... is there a picture of Danube lurking around anywhere? I ran a few searches, even on Flickr, but nothing seems to come up :(

I wonder... is there a picture of Danube lurking around anywhere? I ran a few searches, even on Flickr, but nothing seems to come up :(

I believe that Danube is the regular GC label without any picture.

Sometimes the GC labels are different so you never know...

There was a photo of the new Alice label posted a while ago, and I'd just like to note that it's not like that on all the bottles.... I just bought Alice and it has the (new) standard GC label, no sign at all of Alice hiding in there. :(

Sorry! I'm rather new and I didn't realize all the GC labels looked the same... :blush:

I'm glad you asked, because I think it's cool the way some labels are...different. Not the fancy art labels but some of the GCs. You just never know until you have one, or see a picture. :hug:

Sorry! I'm rather new and I didn't realize all the GC labels looked the same... :blush:

Some are different, like others are saying. The Rapaccini's Garden ones, for example, have botanical drawings on them, and the Panacea scents have a label with a heart and triple dagger motive.

I finally got a tiny bit of time while eating lunch today (made the boy go bring me some :twisted:) to take photos and get them up on Flickr, starting here.

I added Mitzvah, Fée, Monster Bait - Underbed, GRR, Nonae Caprotina, Smoky Moon, Lawn Gnome, Plastic Pink Flamingo, Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel, Labores Solis, Giallo, and photos of the unlreased sample sprays Revenge and Great Dismal Swamp.

Actually, they don't always look the same - just to confuse and surprise us! :lol:

I have a couple of the old cobalt blue bottles of Snake Oil with the black and white GC label and then I have a newer bottle which is about 2 years old of Snake Oil with an antique parchment looking label and a totally different look. :D

I just got my DD Dolce Stil Nuovo with "vintage 2007" label and now I'm curious -- does anyone have a picture of the original? I searched here and at Flickr, but couldn't find one...

*listens to crickets*

Was this a dumb question? Were all the Lupercalias from that year the same label?

I had a bottle of this, but I swapped it away so I can't provide a picture of it. It resembles the other lupercalias.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_twilight...57606843655198/

In overall pattern, it was similar to this Smut bottle. For Dolce Stil Nuovo, the band in the middle was gold writing on light blue, and the outside bands were a cream floral pattern if I recall correctly. Sorry I can't be more help!

*listens to crickets*

Was this a dumb question? Were all the Lupercalias from that year the same label?

I had a bottle of this, but I swapped it away so I can't provide a picture of it. It resembles the other lupercalias.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_twilight...57606843655198/

In overall pattern, it was similar to this Smut bottle. For Dolce Stil Nuovo, the band in the middle was gold writing on light blue, and the outside bands were a cream floral pattern if I recall correctly. Sorry I can't be more help!

That's very helpful! Thanks so much.

My bottles have been piling up but I just have been either too busy, had company, or been hurt. Well, I'm still hurt but photo taking is low impact. :lol:

SO without further ado, I have added Warrior Queen perfumes, The Death of Sardanapal, four Carnival Noir scents, Chaste Moon, Spooky, Snow White 2004, Trick #1, Trick #2, and Lilith and the Jaracho.

I will be taking some photos of the bath oils next. (And then it's on to the yarn and updating my stash on ravelry.)

Edited by TwilightEyes

This thread is so dangerous!  

I thought I saw a mention somewhere that the GC labels are changing?  It's been about 3 months since I bought a GC bottle so I'm wondering if they look different now? 

I thought I saw a mention somewhere that the GC labels are changing?  It's been about 3 months since I bought a GC bottle so I'm wondering if they look different now? 

Yep! The discussion starts a few pages back in this thread. Here's a pic of the new Alice label.

eta: More here.

Edited by Leopard403

Yep! The discussion starts a few pages back in this thread. Here's a pic of the new Alice label.

eta: More here.

ah, thank you!  I purchased a GC on 3/9/09 and, in fact, it has the new label.  I remember thinking "Huh, that's cool"  but I thought it was just for that scent.  Now I feel silly.  And obviously I'm not buying enough GC stuff!!!