Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Do you have a pic of the Goblin Rider? :P

Goblin Rider

I have all of the Halloweenies from this year up on my flickr account. (see signature.) They're grouped loosely by category sets. :D

Do you have a pic of the Goblin Rider? :D

Goblin Rider

I have all of the Halloweenies from this year up on my flickr account. (see signature.) They're grouped loosely by category sets. :D

*bookmarks* Thanks for the link! :P

*sigh* I know this question keeps being asked over and over again, but...I have a bottle of 13 and the seller wasn't sure which release it was. White papery label with "13" in black. Smells like a chocolate orange. Any idea which 13 I have here?

OK, I think I've got it. So the May 2005 and January 2006 versions had the same ingredients and the same paper white label, and there's essentially no way to tell them apart for sure (especially if you haven't sniffed them both). But the October 2006 one had a different colored label. Am I right?

That is right, ClareN. beachbabealways posted this handy guide back in June when the newest 13 went live - I thought it might be good to cross post it to this thread for the times that 13 questions come up.

THIRTEEN - 5/13/05 - white chocolate, tangerine, currant, mandarin, white tea and iris. (white label)

THIRTEEN - 1/13/06 - white chocolate, tangerine, currant, mandarin, white tea and iris. (white label)

(I have both of these, one has more Iris and less chocolate)

THIRTEEN - October 2006 formulation. Cocoa and vanilla beans, Mysore sandalwood, star fruit, orange rind, red amber, fig leaf, mimosa, rooibos tea, bourbon geranium, rose otto, nutmeg, and lavender. (orange label)

THIRTEEN - July 2007 - A base of cocoa absolute and white chocolate with thirteen baneful and beneficial bits including vanilla bean, white ginger, orchid, golden peach, massoia bark, clove, honey, and starfruit. (hot pink and green label)

THIRTEEN 2007 - A base of cocoa absolute and white chocolate with thirteen baneful and beneficial bits: cardamom, fig meat, grains of paradise, rice flower, chamomile, sandalwood, catnip, clove, and a bundle of five blessed blossoms and herbs. (Purple and orange label)

and now the new one.

The new one she referred to was the June 2008 version with the green label: white chocolate, dark chocolate, apple blossom, honeysuckle, frankincense, allspice, nutmeg, black tea, tonka, and sandalwood.

I personally haven't noticed a difference sniffing 10/05 and 1/06 bottles of the white label version - but I haven't finished my first bottle yet, maybe if I was wearing the '06 version I would notice a difference. The 1/06 version wasn't a reformulation but there definitely could be batch differences. It seems like as many people say they have noticed a difference as say they haven't. The Lab didn't mark the labels to differentiate the two, either, so unless you happened to do so yourself when you bought them (or got a bottle from someone who did) it complicates matters. =)

Added photos of Lilith Victoria, Gladdener of all Hearts, and Lady Lilith! And Horn of Amalthea.

(see signature link to my flickr page.)

:P

There's a second Lilith Victoria label too... a similar picture, but it's a girl with a red dress and hat that has an owl on her shoulder.

Ooh! I ordered two of each but the labels were the same. :P And then I ordered more for a group order. Maybe the group order will have the other label! *bounce*

There's a second Lilith Victoria label too... a similar picture, but it's a girl with a red dress and hat that has an owl on her shoulder.

Oh I never knew that there was two,I have the one you are speaking of!I just wonder if my next order will have the snake one.

Added photos of Lilith Victoria, Gladdener of all Hearts, and Lady Lilith! And Horn of Amalthea.

:D

That Lilith Victoria label on your flickr page is the same image as a Halloween postcard I got from the lab this year! I love that picture, and I wore Dorian + Snake Oil today and it's lovely, so I obviously have to order LV now.

If you can see the whole image, the dress the little girl is wearing has black cat faces all over it and black flames down the bottom. :P I really want a dress like that.

:D

That Lilith Victoria label on your flickr page is the same image as a Halloween postcard I got from the lab this year! I love that picture, and I wore Dorian + Snake Oil today and it's lovely, so I obviously have to order LV now.

If you can see the whole image, the dress the little girl is wearing has black cat faces all over it and black flames down the bottom. :D I really want a dress like that.

I was noticing that too! :D (And then I noticed that I forgot to add the card, doh, so took a photo and added it and the other Halloween cards.) So cute!! I need to go shopping for Halloween material at the fabric store before they run out! Good thing BPAL doesn't make clothes too. :P

TwilightEyes, your gallery of labels is fantastic! Thank you for putting it together and sharing it with us.

I think my Liliths order will be here today and now I'm wondering which label I will have for Lilith V. :P I loved the labels on the 2005 Halloween LEs, when the Lab used vintage Halloween postcard images for Samhaim and Devil's Night.

I got my Lilith line bottles this morning, and I got a different Lilith Victoria than the first one posted, so I uploaded it to the Gallery:

Gallery

Here it is, if the gallery link doesn't work:

LilithVictoria.jpg

I got my Lilith line bottles this morning, and I got a different Lilith Victoria than the first one posted, so I uploaded it to the Gallery:

Awesome, thank you!

*grabby hands* Hopefully I'll get that photo with my already placed group order!! :P

I read in an older thread that the Imps used to have cords and little parchment labels, as opposed to the paper ones used these days. Does anyone have any pictures of those?

I read in an older thread that the Imps used to have cords and little parchment labels, as opposed to the paper ones used these days. Does anyone have any pictures of those?

I don't have any pictures handy (had to send my laptop to rehab) - but if you see a reference to a photo of "tarted" or "tarty" imps, that's what the picture will be. I'll see if anything turns up in a board search though. =)

If you click on the Galleries (it's in the labels gallery) link at the top of the board page, there is one pic someone loaded of an old bottle with the parchment label. Here ya go: Pic

Edited by LunaDragonGirl

You reminded me -- I have tarted imps and didn't take a picture! Mine are straight vials, like imps -- not a cute sweet little round jar like the gallery picture posted. And my label is a little crinkled. :P

Dragon's Heart tarted imp

I love the tarted imps, I think they're so cute. I wish they would revert back to that way of doing things. I can probably imagine though that they are a bit fo a nightmare to keep tidy...and you lose labels...and it's a whole lotta ouchness for the brain but...they look cool!!

And as for that bottle of Satyr? Wowzers...it's so beautiful and dinky!

I just got a backup bottle of Mead Moon, and the background color of the label is brown, whereas my original bottle - the background color is black to the point that the honeycomb is very hard to pick out. The bottle currently on ebay is also a black label. I was going to ask how often that happened, and it seems from this thread that it's not uncommon at all to get slightly different labels.

Gosh, sorry to ask such a noob question, but are all GC labels the ones with white background and black text and maybe (maybe, but not definitely) a little icon in the center that may (or may not!) pertain to the scent (eg a little pumpkin or witch's hat)? And only LEs have the full-color photo labels?

I now own three GC 5ml bottles with two more on the way: Samhain 08 and Graveyard Dirt. Since these are LEs, I'm hoping they will have colorful labels. My three GC bottles all have the same labels.

In my imp order, I got something from the steampunk line (Obsidian Widow) and its imp label had a design on the back, whereas the others were just the usual imp label.