Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

The new Sugar Skull label is amazing. Really, really amazing.

So amazing I'm almost tempted to buy one even though I have 2 bottles of '05 already. heh.

eta: proof reading is a good thing.

I got it and I already have bottles of '04, '05 and '07. :P

Oh look at Katrina van Tassel! So pretty. And lilacea, I had no idea that's what the TKO label looked like! I doubly want a bottle now, sigh. Personally, I'm over the moon with anticipation about how gorgeous the Lady Lilith label is going to be! I've been in total squee-mode since I saw it offered, it's one of my favorite paintings. :P

Can I humbly ask to see a TKO label? I searched for days and can`t find anywhere.
ooh.. I would love to see that one to :D
Not a great photo, but it should give you an idea of what it looks like. :Dhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/lil.../Picture277.jpg

ooh.. it is not what I had expected!

but it is cool though, reminds me of the old days, like Merlin movies

and the label isn't really gonna change if I take a bottle or not, I need anyway! :D

thank you!!

Here's a photo of 2 of the Weenies + Lune Noir (:

2826648974_18690c9678.jpg

omg they are S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G. :D

I already have Katrina and a Pillow coming this way,

so I am very happy to see these

I love love love the Katrina label~art!!!! :P

thank you for posting!

Oooh, I can see why only 54 were made (thats the story, right?)
No, I recall a limited number was made but not specifically 54. The "54" refers, I think, to the famous discotheque Studio 54 in New York, an iconic establishment of the seventies. It's now been converted to a theatre.

Actually, IIRC, only 54 bottles were made and was available to forum members only.

On August 9th we will be offering Formula 54 to the first fifty-four [coincidence?] forum members that respond to a thread that we will be posting in the BPAL Chatter section of the site at 12pm PST that day. The bottles are 1/3 oz, cobalt blue glass with a glass stopper, and will be closed with artificial bull sinew and a wax seal. 54bottle.gifAn example of the base bottle.The price is $45.00 per bottle; one bottle per person, please. They will ship in the first week of September.This will not be available for purchase on the BPAL site, and will be sold only to BPAL forum members.More details soon.

I added some of the Halloweenies, Sleepy Hollow, and September Lunacy bottles to the BPAL Fiends group on Flickr. :P

(see signature for link)

Thanks, you guys. You make me smile. :P

<3

Jenn

The lady that made the Sleepy Hollow art

Lovely job, Jenn! I don't have any of my bottles yet, but after the preview of all the artwork I'm really looking forward to their arrival :D Sleepy Hollow might be my favorite concept Beth's used in the four years of BPAL-slathering I've done and your label designs are fantastic. I can't wait to see the rest of them.

So I swapped for a bottle of Satyr and this strange little bottle arrived at my door. Forgive me if this has been discussed a million times already (I'm pretty new), but I was wondering when it came out, was it a special edition, original bottle, etc.

100_1056.jpg

thanks

and ps- is there a gallery section of the forum that has pictures of all the bottles/labels? I thought I found one, but then last night I searched for about 30 minutes before giving up!

The gallery pics that I think you are looking for is the second category on this page. However, it has the pictures of labels and it isn't really what you want. I'm not sure about that bottle, therefore I am of absolutely no help to you. :P

It's probably from the *first* release of Satyr. Before the amber bottles, they were cobalt blue. And before then I know they used squat little bottles. That may be one of them.

Another give away is the tied on label. Imps used to come that way before they got their sticker labels.

If I were you, I'd guard that puppy with your life! Because if what I said above is true (anyone, please confirm), you've got something that's very old and not seen around too often.

Thanks for the pic!

ETA: As people that are older than me have a tested, you DO have an old bottle. Huzzah! And it's so cute! Love it!

Edited by zankoku_zen

That looks like one of the ones that were sold on sites like eyespyeclectics.com, years ago, -- maybe 2003? it was before i was collecting BPAL but i remember seeing them on that site (gothic clothing; i don't think it's in operation anymore). there were about a dozen BPAL varities including Wilde, Absinthe, etc -- a lot of the early ones -- and they looked like that. those are the type of tags used for imps back in the day too. at the time i thought they looked neat but i didn't buy any because i didn't think i'd ever have a use for perfume oils! :P

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I didn't want to start a new topic....

Something has been making me very curious for the last couple weeks:

A while back I acquired a bottle of Midwinter's Eve '07. I loved it so much that I went about trying to acquire another bottle. I finally got my second bottle and the label is completely different. At first I thought I had made a mistake and gotten a different scent. I looked at both labels to make sure that yes, they both say Yuletide Midwinter's Eve 2007; and they both smell the same. The second bottle I acquired seems to have the more common label that I've seen listed and in my brief visit to the label gallery.

My burning curiosity question is how often does this happen? Or do I have something unique? Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I didn't want to start a new topic....

A while back I acquired a bottle of Midwinter's Eve '07. I loved it so much that I went about trying to acquire another bottle. I finally got my second bottle and the label is completely different. At first I thought I had made a mistake and gotten a different scent. I looked at both labels to make sure that yes, they both say Yuletide Midwinter's Eve 2007; and they both smell the same. The second bottle I acquired seems to have the more common label that I've seen listed and in my brief visit to the label gallery.

My burning curiosity question is how often does this happen? Or do I have something unique? Thanks!

Last year, all of the LE Yule bottles came with one of two labels: A brown scroll with script on it, and a picture label. It was about half and half from what I remember, and I think Krampus had 2 or 3 different picture labels.

So it's not really unique... sorry! But as far as I know, that's the first time they did multiple label designs for the same scents.

Oh you have a super rare one!! Those were how the bottles looked at the very beginning (before I joined).

And the that's how the labels looked on the imp's ears! I loved those labels with the twiney sticky "sinew". but they were too time consuming for the Lab to keep creating when they got super busy.

I'd definitely hold on to that bottle! It looks so cute. :P

Last year, all of the LE Yule bottles came with one of two labels: A brown scroll with script on it, and a picture label. It was about half and half from what I remember, and I think Krampus had 2 or 3 different picture labels.

So it's not really unique... sorry! But as far as I know, that's the first time they did multiple label designs for the same scents.

Ah! Thank you for replying! I had no idea and I've been so curious about that. ^^ I think it's very cool I could get both labels of one of my favorite scents, so that makes me pretty happy. :P

Oh you have a super rare one!! Those were how the bottles looked at the very beginning (before I joined).

And the that's how the labels looked on the imp's ears! I loved those labels with the twiney sticky "sinew". but they were too time consuming for the Lab to keep creating when they got super busy.

I'd definitely hold on to that bottle! It looks so cute. :P

I have an imp of lightning that was like that. I always wondering what was up with the label (which I have since lost...sigh)

I love that bottle though. So cute!

Wow, totally brings back memories of the old imps. You are lucky, I looovveee that! Treasure it forever!! I've always wanted one of the big ol snake oil jugs i used to see in the first "lab" (or one of the firsts)...so much character!! I think i'd swap you my first born (and he's the easier one haha).

Thanks for all your help guys ... I guess I got lucky with that swap! Good to know! :P

My only request is that you take another picture of the bottle and upload it into the gallery.

That looks like one of the ones that were sold on sites like eyespyeclectics.com, years ago, -- maybe 2003? it was before i was collecting BPAL but i remember seeing them on that site (gothic clothing; i don't think it's in operation anymore). there were about a dozen BPAL varities including Wilde, Absinthe, etc -- a lot of the early ones -- and they looked like that. those are the type of tags used for imps back in the day too. at the time i thought they looked neat but i didn't buy any because i didn't think i'd ever have a use for perfume oils! :P

You're totally right about the vintage - eyespyeclectics seemed to do a big blowout of a lot of their stock on ebay before they closed too (or at least I think that is what they did since they vanished after that and their webpage which they linked to in their ebay profile didn't work).

I picked up a couple bottles Satyr and Villian that are the same as yours from ebay in late 04 or early 05. :D I remember bidding on some Embalming Fluid and just not winning it at the same time as well.

So they DO exist! Really! :D