Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

i'm trying to figure out the name of a limited edition oil - i think it's likely 2 years old or older - whose art on the label i'm unaware of the title. but it's a very well-known religious iconographic image. i believe it's mary magdalene (?) in chains, apparently in hell, as there are flames surrounding her, and she's either reaching up with her arms - or praying? i feel ignorant not knowing the name of the painting (esp. considering my catholic upbringing!) but it's driving me nuts, both trying to figure out which LE oil had this art on its label and what the damned painting is called in the first place. help?

Edited by eatingthesea

Eatingthesea, I think that was the label for Sugar Skull, I'm familiar with the image as well but I'm not sure of the name...i think I thought it was Joan of Arc but I could be wrong!

Eatingthesea, I think that was the label for Sugar Skull, I'm familiar with the image as well but I'm not sure of the name...i think I thought it was Joan of Arc but I could be wrong!

yes! that's the one. now to figure out the name of it...and i believe you're right, it's joan of arc. thanks!!!!

yes! that's the one. now to figure out the name of it...and i believe you're right, it's joan of arc. thanks!!!!

She's the Anima Sola, actually....

A pic of Sticky Pillowcase and Fearful Pleasure are up on the gallery :P

It seems like each of the Halloweenies has a pic relating to the name of the blend this year. Someone else posted a pic of some of the other blends on the lush forum and there's a witch's hat for Samhain.

A pic of Sticky Pillowcase and Fearful Pleasure are up on the gallery :D

It seems like each of the Halloweenies has a pic relating to the name of the blend this year. Someone else posted a pic of some of the other blends on the lush forum and there's a witch's hat for Samhain.

Oh, those are awesome! :P

A pic of Sticky Pillowcase and Fearful Pleasure are up on the gallery :P

ooh, I really like the Fearful Pleasure one especially! :D

She's the Anima Sola, actually....

That was Sugar Skull 2005. The only vintage of Sugar Skull I didn't like, I must say. It had an undertone of smoky caramel or molasses that I couldn't get on board with. And I never understood the choice of label art because isn't Sugar Skull supposed to be "vibrant with the joy and sweetness of life in death"? The lady in chains surrounded by flames didn't seem to portray that very well.

Thank you for posting those first labels, Delirium 1009! I love it when labels are all different. Last year's Halloween label were a bit too plain for my taste, but I love this year's so far.

I know some people have Hellhound already - can anyone post pictures of the label? :P

I can't wait to see what the Weenies will look like! Someone post pictures the second they get their bottles please!

I second that. :D

Ask and ya get yer photos--Hellhound and Blade of Grass are up in the gallery if you care to see. :D

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?autocom=gall...si&img=2294

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Halloween labels. The non-Sleepy Hollow ones seem to be all black and white, with some details in orange. How cool is that!

Oh my,.. thank you for posting those. I just knew Fearful Pleasure would have a great label, now i'm even more excited! Is anyone else so heavily influenced by label art when making their purchases? :P

ETA: The black and white, with touches of orange is great! I keep going back to look at the A Blade of Grass label, it really catches my eye.

Edited by Deyja

Gosh those labels are soo lovely!! The blade of grass one is gorgeous and fearful pleasure?? SO glad I ordered that one.

Can't wait to see the rest now!!

Is anyone else so heavily influenced by label art when making their purchases? :P

Yes! I especially have problems with sets--For those labels with art that I particularly love, I want the bottles just so I have the full set of the art. And the latest 'ween labels are SO freakin' amazing...I'm in trouble. Not to mention my excitement for the art on the Lilith Victoria scents!

Of course...the perfumes are good too :D

Is anyone else so heavily influenced by label art when making their purchases? :D

Yes! I especially have problems with sets--For those labels with art that I particularly love, I want the bottles just so I have the full set of the art. And the latest 'ween labels are SO freakin' amazing...I'm in trouble. Not to mention my excitement for the art on the Lilith Victoria scents!

I am. :P

Sure wish more people would post pics. I'm dying to see Graveyard Dirt, School-House, Churchyard & Huesos de Santo.

Is anyone else so heavily influenced by label art when making their purchases? :P

The label art is a big reason I want to get the whole Snake Pit.

Can I humbly ask to see a TKO label? I searched for days and can`t find anywhere.

Can I humbly ask to see a TKO label? I searched for days and can`t find anywhere.

ooh.. I would love to see that one to :P

The new Sugar Skull label is amazing. Really, really amazing.

So amazing I'm almost tempted to buy one even though I have 2 bottles of '05 already. heh.

eta: proof reading is a good thing.

I'm seriously tempted to buy one even though I've got a decant of 07 and I only sort of like it. Now I'm like, "well, maybe it'd be great for layering..."