Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Have all LE's had their own special labels?  My first LE order is Yule 2004.

I can't speak for last year's Yule LE's, but none of the other LE's from this year (Lunacy, June Gloom, etcetera) have had special labels. The new ones sound cool, though!

the les i ordered last yule didnt have special labels BUT they were in green bottles

Have all LE's had their own special labels?  My first LE order is Yule 2004.

I can't speak for last year's Yule LE's, but none of the other LE's from this year (Lunacy, June Gloom, etcetera) have had special labels. The new ones sound cool, though!

the les i ordered last yule didnt have special labels BUT they were in green bottles

Ooh. My first 10mL of Snake Oil was in a green bottle. It's so pretty, in with my other blue bottles.

I can't speak for last year's Yule LE's, but none of the other LE's from this year (Lunacy, June Gloom, etcetera) have had special labels.  The new ones sound cool, though!

The chaos theory & k/s ones did! The Chaos Theory bottles had all white labels and had little multicolored snow flakes on them, and the King & Queen had their card on them. And if I'm not mistaken (too lazy to run up and check), the Lunacy oils had a different color border on their labels. Most scents (minus the celestials) with the standard label have blue borders, but I'm pretty sure that at least my bottle of Red Moon had a red border. Which isn't much of a change, but it's something. :P

Wow ! SV! You got some scents that people have just become able to order on the Yule update! You must review Grog and Antique Lace when you get a chance:)

I will! hopefully within the next few days.

I can't speak for last year's Yule LE's, but none of the other LE's from this year (Lunacy, June Gloom, etcetera) have had special labels.  The new ones sound cool, though!

The chaos theory & k/s ones did! The Chaos Theory bottles had all white labels and had little multicolored snow flakes on them, and the King & Queen had their card on them. And if I'm not mistaken (too lazy to run up and check), the Lunacy oils had a different color border on their labels. Most scents (minus the celestials) with the standard label have blue borders, but I'm pretty sure that at least my bottle of Red Moon had a red border. Which isn't much of a change, but it's something. :P

Ha! You're right. I forgot about the fractal pattern on the Chaos Theory, and I didn't order k/s. But, one could argue that the King and Queen labels werent' "special" anyway, because they are similar to the Tarot card labels.

(Just a quick note, all - I haven't gotten any orders)

My Harvest moon has a purple border, and my Mabon has a red border. Each has a little symbol - Harvest Moon has a little blue moon, and Mabon has a "T" looking symbol that probably means a lot more to the Wiccans around.

~bubbles

I love the little bats on All Saints!

Bats on All Saints?! *squeals in excitement* I got my Samhain order, but I ordered All Saints later

Anyway, I just checked out Mabon and Wildfire - they both have little symbols on them. Wildfire does look like a torch, but I can't make out Mabon... I'm guessing it's supposed to have something to do with scales, though.

Sugar Skull has a wee little skull on it. :P

Dia de los Muertos has a little skull and crossbones.

Samhain... a cute little Jack o'Lantern.

And All Saints has the adorable little bats, which, if my memory is correct, is a shrunken-down version of a rubber stamp design (I have several bat rubber stamps and these little guys look very familiar).

I was suprised with the beauty of the labels on Sugar skull and Shamhain. I really had neevr given any attention to the labels before but yesterday i took all my bottles to find a lot of little suprises

Stop reading if you hadn't seen it and want to discover yourself

SPOILER Warning

The autunm scents have a brown edge around the label

Sugar Skull has great horrific fonts and a tiny Skull pinted

Shamhain has nice bold fonts

The dream blends have a blue edge around the labels

If there is more, please tell me...

I felt so happy seeing this, an unexpected gift

Well... I know these scents are part of the Black Broom collection --

Helping Hand and Yemaya's labels have beautiful scrollwork symbols on them -- one is in the middle and is triangularly shaped and on either side of that scrollwork are two scroll-like circles -- very quite lovely. I assume that they have some kind of connection to symbols used by Black Broom. :P

The LE labels are beautiful. I think I like All Saint's the best--the font is great, and I adore bats. :P

my samhain had a wee pumpkin on it and my dia de los muertos had a skull.

My son *loves* the Samhain bottle (he's 2). When he sees it, he yells, "Punkin! Punkin!"

Those of you who have actual bottles of Formula 54...was it labeled or just the plain bottle? I'm just dying of curiosity to see what the final product looks like. :D

I know what the bottle itself looks like, but I've been feverishly wondering about the label (if there even is one). :P

I don't know if this is the right place, but it seemed the most logical of all the threads in here, so...

Does anyone know if the bottles that've been coming in the msot recent orders (i.e. the ones with polyseal leakproof caps instead of reducers) are going to be the new standard or if they're just being used because the Lab is out of the standard reducer cap bottles? I'm just curious. :D

And, mods, if this is in the wrong thread, feel free to move it. This just seemed to be the best place for it without starting a whole nother thread just to ask a question. :P

And, mods, if this is in the wrong thread, feel free to move it.  This just seemed to be the best place for it without starting a whole nother thread just to ask a question. :D

:P

As for the actual question, I would guess that it probably will be the new standard. I don't have any authoritative word on it at the mo, but I can certainly see the new lids reducing packaging times for the Lab, as well as reducing transit leakage, so it would make sense. I'm sure that you could still request reducers if you wanted them, though.

Thanks, Morrighana! :D

I'm undecided about the reducers, I think. I like them in that I'm clumzy, but they can be a pain in the butt, so I'll have to give it some thought before my next order. :P

I've seen imps and I've seen 5ml bottls. One thing I wonder, Do you want me to send empties back? I assume you all at BFAL do... How shoud I send? Oh, and I don't have an empty 5ml, yet...

T

Out of curiosity- what is a "reducer" I saw the question asked- but didn't find the reply.

Also- I'm a bit of a bottle collector (not BPAL specifically, but any and all bottles). If anyone has the old sphereical clear glass bottles that are empty, and would be willing to give away/sell it, I would be most interested. They look like the bottles I've been searching for lately!

Edited by MartyGreene

Out of curiosity- what is a "reducer" I saw the question asked- but didn't find the reply.

Most bottles don't come with them anymore. It's bascially a bit of plastic that fits over the opening of the 5ml (and presumably the 10mls as well) that only allows a drop or two of oil to escape at a time.

Most bottles don't come with them anymore. It's bascially a bit of plastic that fits over the opening of the 5ml (and presumably the 10mls as well) that only allows a drop or two of oil to escape at a time.

Ah! Thank you very much.

Out

Ah! Thank you very much.

NP! And if you are interested, I believe there is a thread somewhere about where to buy them, if you'd like. It makes it a lot harder to spill a bottle with them on! But then again, I'm a slatherer, so I like to get a lot out of my bottles. :P