Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Oh, there are a bunch I haven't seen in your album. THANK YOU!

(I wish my Mistletoe was the photo, not the parchment label..it's basic, but pretty.) :P

Anyone have a picture of Frederic yet? I'm dying to see him!

Well, someone's already got a bottle of it up on ebay and the picture is pretty good.

Well, someone's already got a bottle of it up on ebay and the picture is pretty good.

Thanks. I just checked it out. It looks awesome! I can't wait to get mine!

I put a pic of Frederic in my flickr gallery. :P (scroll up for link)

I love the Earth Rat label... kinda makes me wish I'd gotten a bottle now.

it smells really good too -- all melony goodness to my nose. Yum!

I have a mystery bottle, and I was hoping someone might be able to identify it. I don't even know if it's BPAL, but if anyone has any idea, it has really been driving me crazy.

Sorry for the crappy phone pic:

med_gallery_11236_321_27062.jpg

Hmm... in three and a half years I've never seen a label like that, Freckle, and there isn't a BPAL blend called Alchemy.

I know Aftelier (Mandy Aftel's natural perfume company) has a scent called Alchemy - although I could only find the solid form on her current website, I remember reading about it in her book. I suppose you could have a sample of a liquid version if it smells anything like "A floral heart swathed in amber and vanilla, with bitter orange and black pepper top notes."

That's probably not it. This bottle smells pretty incensey, and I'm not the best at picking out smells, but I don't get any vanilla. Thanks for the try though!

The top is like a Possets top, except black, if that means anything to anyone.

I believe that is a bottle from "Squeaky Clean". Her bottles used to look like that or very close to it.

Here's the link: Squeaky Clean

Here's the description: Deep, dark, and mysterious. Fans of Nag Champa will be sure to love it. Scented with exotic leaves, resins, woods, a touch of patchouli and the faintest suggestion of the smell of musty old books and incense. This one lasts and lasts, probably because of its base of patchouli and wood. Nag champa smoke blends with sandalwood and other delights.

Maybe you could email her the picture and ask her.

ETA: I've never bought any of her perfume, but I remember thinking that the idea of a rustic typeset label was unique. If it's not from Squeaky Clean, I hope you find out where it's from. That would drive me crazy too. :P

Edited by Honeycat

I believe that is a bottle from "Squeaky Clean". Her bottles used to look like that or very close to it.

Here's the link: Squeaky Clean

Here's the description: Deep, dark, and mysterious. Fans of Nag Champa will be sure to love it. Scented with exotic leaves, resins, woods, a touch of patchouli and the faintest suggestion of the smell of musty old books and incense. This one lasts and lasts, probably because of its base of patchouli and wood. Nag champa smoke blends with sandalwood and other delights.

Maybe you could email her the picture and ask her.

ETA: I've never bought any of her perfume, but I remember thinking that the idea of a rustic typeset label was unique. If it's not from Squeaky Clean, I hope you find out where it's from. That would drive me crazy too. :P

I emailed Mandi, and yes it is a Squeeky Clean bottle! She changed her packaging about 8 months ago, but this is what they used to look like. Yey! Thank you so much!!!

Just wanted to thank TwilightEyes for putting all those shots of label art up . Very cool to see those as the 3 bottles I have all have pretty much the same style of print . I'm very tempted to get a bottle of all the Lovecraft line , as the thought of putting on some Herbert West or Miskatonic University makes me laugh inwardly to no end .

Sorry if these're posted already... here's Hexennacht '08 and Beltane '08! I tried to get as little glare as possible, but the labels didn't want to cooperate. :P

hex-beltane08-sm.jpg

(Bigger version here.)

ETA: the server that I originally put them on seems a little iffy today, so if they're not loading and you're dying to find out what the pineapple mystery is about, I also put the smaller version on Flickr here. :D

Edited by coldandsleepy

Okay. help. Why is there a giant flying pineapple shooting a laser into the dude's ear on the Hexennacht label? :P

Okay. help. Why is there a giant flying pineapple shooting a laser into the dude's ear on the Hexennacht label? :P

i think that is supposed to be a tree on a hill in the background

Oh, it's a Tiki tie-in thing. :D

Thank you for posting those pictures, coldandsleepy!

Sorry if these're posted already... here's Hexennacht '08 and Beltane '08! I tried to get as little glare as possible, but the labels didn't want to cooperate. :P

hex-beltane08-sm.jpg

(Bigger version here.)

ETA: the server that I originally put them on seems a little iffy today, so if they're not loading and you're dying to find out what the pineapple mystery is about, I also put the smaller version on Flickr here. :D

I'm a bit disappointed with the rustic flavor of the Hexennacht label. I loved the original, which was similar to the GC labels but with a minimalistic little witches' hat.

... here's Hexennacht '08 and Beltane '08!

Aww, the label for Beltane '08 is seriously adorable. Thank you for posting it!

... here's Hexennacht '08 and Beltane '08!

Aww, the label for Beltane '08 is seriously adorable. Thank you for posting it!

yes, thank you so much! I too love the Beltane label, and I actually like the new Hexennacht label as well, and the blend smells wonderful! :P

Oh, I love that Hexennacht label. (I'm a sucker for wood block prints, and I love the way the name is done.)

Ha, it's funny. Hex. isn't my type of scent, so I didn't order it, but love the label. Beltane is the perfect spring blend for me, so I ordered it, but I don't like the label. :P